Author Topic: Anyone else find this alarming?  (Read 17558 times)

Re: Anyone else find this alarming?
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2011, 11:12:59 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Funny...  An NBA player will call it a "business" until moments like this, huh?

My assessment...grow up and get over it.  The binky known as "Perk" isn't coming back.  If poor little Rajon can't handle it than that's just too bad.

Gee, your love for the Celtics and appreciation of Celtic Pride has almost brought me to tears - can we watch a game together soon ?

I root for the name on the front of the jersey...not the back.

At the end of the day these guys (most of them) play for one thing: a paycheck.

oh really ?

the account i read about what transpired the day Perkins was traded doesn't match up with your version of these Celtic players ...............

"I wasn't surprised to hear that Perkins cried for most of the day Thursday, that Boston's veterans were infuriated by the trade, that Rondo (Perk's best friend) was practically catatonic heading into Thursday night's game in Denver. These guys loved one another."

not sure how long you have been a Celtics fan, but for me, since the 60's, the Celtics are absolutely about the players that have played there, along with Mr. Brown and Red and Johnny and the staff over the years and the Garden and the fans. an organization without the people is just a machine. Nothing in this world is special unless the people who have created it and are a part of it are also special and the Celtics are the most famous name in basketball only because of the players and coaches who have made them so successful and unique. yes, i do care a lot about those players who have cared about being a Celtic, those who share a special feeling about wearing that jersey you mentioned being so fond of ........................ and i believe Kendrick Perkins was one of those players.

The game is different now, and there's a boatload of money involved in it. I hate to break this to you, but the Celtics offered Perkins more in one year than most Americans make in a lifetime.

Ask yourself this: Why did Paul Pierce step, even briefly, into free agency?

This is a business, and I'm afraid you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment down the road.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2011, 04:01:00 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
TP to Tennsmoothie.

Some fans may look at this as just a business and just look at the name of the front of the shirt, but there's the other half of us who have our fav. players and can see how important chemistry is to this team.

I don't mind that we traded Perk - and that is strictly a business decision to me. But I am not going to say that it didn't have an effect on our chemistry nor that the acquiring of all these new players didn't effect our chemistry.

Whether it's a business or not, whether the players are wealthy or not, has nothing to do with players caring about each other and making friends and all having the same goal as a team.

It's hard to integrate new players, especially so many of them. Hopefully it will happen sooner than later.

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2011, 05:29:05 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 748

My assessment...grow up and get over it.  The binky known as "Perk" isn't coming back.  If poor little Rajon can't handle it than that's just too bad.

Gee, your love for the Celtics and appreciation of Celtic Pride has almost brought me to tears - can we watch a game together soon ?

oh really ?

the account i read about what transpired the day Perkins was traded doesn't match up with your version of these Celtic players ...............

"I wasn't surprised to hear that Perkins cried for most of the day Thursday, that Boston's veterans were infuriated by the trade, that Rondo (Perk's best friend) was practically catatonic heading into Thursday night's game in Denver. These guys loved one another."

not sure how long you have been a Celtics fan, but for me, since the 60's, the Celtics are absolutely about the players that have played there, along with Mr. Brown and Red and Johnny and the staff over the years and the Garden and the fans. an organization without the people is just a machine. Nothing in this world is special unless the people who have created it and are a part of it are also special and the Celtics are the most famous name in basketball only because of the players and coaches who have made them so successful and unique. yes, i do care a lot about those players who have cared about being a Celtic, those who share a special feeling about wearing that jersey you mentioned being so fond of ........................ and i believe Kendrick Perkins was one of those players.

Oh really?

Kendrick Perkins (following trade): "I walked in today and didn't have a pair of shoes. I had my old Celtics shoes. So I was like, 'Man, you gotta get that outta here,' so I threw it right in the trash. [Someone tried] to pass me a green medicine bottle today, and I said, 'I don't want to see anything green.' Boston is the last thing on my mind now."

This isn't your 1960's NBA anymore...

and you took those words and actions at face value ?  your "insight" into people's emotions is impressive. but then again, your overall perspective seems rather superficial.

sorry pal, you & i may both call ourselves Celtic fans, but that is where the similarities end.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2011, 05:56:27 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

oh really ?

Oh really?

Kendrick Perkins (following trade): "I walked in today and didn't have a pair of shoes. I had my old Celtics shoes. So I was like, 'Man, you gotta get that outta here,' so I threw it right in the trash. [Someone tried] to pass me a green medicine bottle today, and I said, 'I don't want to see anything green.' Boston is the last thing on my mind now."

This isn't your 1960's NBA anymore...

and you took those words and actions at face value ?  your "insight" into people's emotions is impressive. but then again, your overall perspective seems rather superficial.

sorry pal, you & i may both call ourselves Celtic fans, but that is where the similarities end.

Those are Perk's words, not mine.  Sounds like there is some "emotion" coming through, wouldn't you say?  But you seem to have the pulse of the team as some kind of insider. 

Because I don't follow individual players you've now labeled me as "superficial?" 

Well, I would label you as naive...  You seem to think it's all about the jersey and not about the money and you're stuck in a mindset of professional sports that died long ago, as if the paycheck is secondary.  You're only kidding yourself, pal...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 748
and with that - i'll give you the last word.
i've said my piece.

now let's get this Bucks game tonite.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2011, 09:30:58 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Agree Tenn, Perk's words were 'bravado' and hyping himself up for what he must do. I admire him so much for that.

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2011, 09:44:47 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Now i find alarming to think Doc will have to think on a way to put one of 4 players as 10th player during  playoffs
specially posicional wise
or natural position wise

with

Rondo Arroyo
Ray and Delonte
PP and Green
KG
Shaq and Kristic

and Green playinf some 4

Doc will now have to find one space between

BBD, Murphy, Pav and JO if healthy
thats a great problem to have
But i was deffending today at chat that those 9 because
of position or what they bring are over the 10th posible on
the rotation and probably BBD have the edge because his scoring
ability and what he brngs deffensively (charges) but when hes off hes a worrysome liability and kind of a black whole that
Murphy can surpass for playing time.

Interesting problem and dilema to have

If the rotation is shortened one guard as much as i like what i saw from Arroyo thus far i think hes the other one out

what do you think
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2011, 09:49:35 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Now i find alarming to think Doc will have to think on a way to put one of 4 players as 10th player during  playoffs
or natural position wise

with

Rondo Arroyo
Ray and Delonte
PP and Green
KG
Shaq and Kristic

and Green playinf some 4

ability and what he brngs deffensively (charges) but when hes off hes a worrysome liability and kind of a black whole that

If the rotation is shortened one guard as much as i like what i saw from Arroyo thus far i think hes the other one out

what do you think

Delonte can't be counted on...he's made of paper mache.

I think it's quite possible that Doc will run Rondo and Arroyo together in the backcourt for short doses.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2011, 10:53:43 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
or natural position wise

with

Rondo Arroyo
Ray and Delonte
PP and Green
KG
Shaq and Kristic

and Green playinf some 4

what do you think

Delonte can't be counted on...he's made of paper mache.

I think it's quite possible that Doc will run Rondo and Arroyo together in the backcourt for short doses.

probably
but if hes healthy hes in
hes a paper mache playaaaaaa
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!