Author Topic: Anyone else find this alarming?  (Read 17588 times)

Re: Anyone else find this alarming?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 10:28:06 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
So the fact that he had the second highest -number tonight for the Celtics doesn't mean anything? I personally don't buy into this +, - stuff, but it seems a lot of people here like to point to it. And tonight, Krstic and the second worst - number for the Celtics. So, it has to mean something, right? That said, he grabbed 15 rebounds, which is great. However, he did require 15 shots to score 16 points.
and how many shots did KG, Ray and PP require to get their points tonight?  The answer is: more than it should have. 

better question
when was the last time a celtic not called KG got 15rebounds

p.s. its pretty touhg to have a decent plus minus when your whole team is playing crappy
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
So the fact that he had the second highest -number tonight for the Celtics doesn't mean anything? I personally don't buy into this +, - stuff, but it seems a lot of people here like to point to it. And tonight, Krstic and the second worst - number for the Celtics. So, it has to mean something, right? That said, he grabbed 15 rebounds, which is great. However, he did require 15 shots to score 16 points.
and how many shots did KG, Ray and PP require to get their points tonight?  The answer is: more than it should have. 

The point I am trying to make is this -- if in the playoffs, Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic are combining for 29 shots and only getting a total of 34 points, the Celtics likely are not winning those games.

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 10:32:30 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

The point I am trying to make is this -- if in the playoffs, Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic are combining for 29 shots and only getting a total of 34 points, the Celtics likely are not winning those games.

In the playoffs the ones combining for 29 will be shaq,Jo and bbd

Nice to be back!

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 10:39:23 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I loved Krstic's game tonight, except for his field goal attempts. 15 is just too many.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 10:42:52 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Compared to last year? Ha! This season has been a walk in the park....it took some of the more knowledgeable Celtics Fans here to remind me of what happened to Boston in 1969.

This year's team? IMO not even in the same category of 1969 or last year - yet. Lord I hope they don't do that to us again.

I don't believe they will, though. We have too many key pieces missing, and too many (new)key pieces to incorporate into a cohesive unit in just the time since The Trade.

This will all come together eventually. While it does, we can expect a few more speed bumps on the way to June.

Still many games to play until then. A lot more.

But I'll take Nenad's 16 and 15 and Jeff's 18 pts in 18 min, though. Nice games by those two.

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 11:11:56 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Believe in Boston
The Celtics gave up 89 points today---- that's more than pleanty for a win.  This loss isn't on the defense at all.  How bout the offense going the last 4 minutes with what 4 points?  Rondo and KG are both in funks, and Ray was terrible tonight.  Defense wasn't the problem.  The big 3 were all in a funk tonight, Pierce too.  And Spencer Hawes was hitting 3 pointers-- a sure sign it's not gonna be your night.  The starters minus Kristic aren't playing well, it's a long season & your gonna go through periods like this.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 11:20:51 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
it took some of the more OLDER ;) Celtics Fans here to remind me of what happened to Boston in 1969.

fixed

p.s. kidding

Nice to be back!

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 11:21:47 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
The Celtics gave up 89 points today---- that's more than pleanty for a win.  This loss isn't on the defense at all.  How bout the offense going the last 4 minutes with what 4 points?  Rondo and KG are both in funks, and Ray was terrible tonight.  Defense wasn't the problem.  The big 3 were all in a funk tonight, Pierce too.  And Spencer Hawes was hitting 3 pointers-- a sure sign it's not gonna be your night.  The starters minus Kristic aren't playing well, it's a long season & your gonna go through periods like this.

not to mention Philies offense was close to attrocious too

Nice to be back!

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 01:02:31 AM »

Offline vandromeda

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 1
I loved Krstic's game tonight, except for his field goal attempts. 15 is just too many.
You don't need to worry about that. In whole season he has 12 FGA 2 times, and after that his maximum was 10.
Hope BBD will be back soon, so with healthy rotation of 3 bigs shoot distribution will be more reasonable.

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 01:20:13 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
I found this interesting...

That lack of an extra big man left Boston's starting frontcourt of Kevin Garnett and Nenad Krstic walking on eggshells on Wednesday. With no true backups, Rivers had told the pair to avoid early foul trouble, so instead of hacking away at Clippers big man DeAndre Jordan and making him earn his points at the free-throw line (where he boasts a cringe-worthy 40.3 career percentage), they watched him test the hoop supports with a series of rim-rattling jams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=forsberg_chris&id=6203284

This says a lot to me. We didn't even have BBD last night (although Doc said he'd be back Sunday). It was KG, Krstic, Green playing some minutes at the 4, and then Murphy. And that was IT.

Anyways, I'd like to see where we are when healthy and Krstic is allowed to be a bit more aggressive, defensively. At least, that's how I interpreted what Doc said.

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2011, 10:38:08 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
better question
when was the last time a celtic not called KG got 15rebounds

Perk, last season.  Also, he pulled down 13 in 32 minutes this year.  ;D

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 10:51:18 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He's fine. But we didn't need him. When you have three HOF's in the starting line-up, you don't need another shooter.

You need an Iavaroni. You need a Rambus. You need a Perkins.

And that's why we're sliding right down the tubes folks.
jeese man he's played 7 games for us.
'sliding down the tube'?
give it a rest with the emergency monologue- it takes time for new players to settle in and frankly he's exceeded pretty much everyone's expectations.
You know why we won so many games with shaq at the start of the year right? because like krstic, he stands in the paint and waits for an easy shot under the rim and actually puts it in the hole OR hits the free throw- both of which perkins wasn't the best at doing.

it amazes me how many people over react to losses like these last 2. Be thankful we are 5-2 with our new players. They've got another 10 games to play before they'll be comfortable.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 10:56:49 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
He's fine. But we didn't need him. When you have three HOF's in the starting line-up, you don't need another shooter.

You need an Iavaroni. You need a Rambus. You need a Perkins.

And that's why we're sliding right down the tubes folks.

Yeah, Perk has been playing well with OKC.

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 83
Nenad's stats were "exaggerated" a little bit for the PHI game because there were 2 or 3 tips at the rim that didn't go in.  These count as both an offensive rebound and a shot attempt.

We didn't lose the PHI game because of D, it was a lack of offense.  You don't win often when scoring 86 points as every team in the league averages over 90.

I guess Nenad can do no right with these team; he'll take the blame even when he goes 16-15. 

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2011, 11:22:32 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
Krstic's shooting was a little off, but he was far from our biggest problem tonight.  Any night that Krstic grabs 15 boards he should be pretty much off-limits for criticism.

but i'm saying if he were to have taken fewer shots we would've been more successful

on this team our center's line should be like 6 pts, 10 rebounds. this is similar to how i was frustrated by bbd taking more shots than everyone else going like 6/17 from the floor. he should be working around the rim, not so much on the outside because kg has a tendency to go outside. if we have both of them outside of the paint, who is going to be there to box out. and with nobody boxing out, it opens the opposing team to start running. even if we get back on time, we can't keep up with speed.
So with everyone on the floor passing to Krstic for open shots and with him ending up leading all starters with 16 pts, he shouldn't take those shots?

Hmmm