Author Topic: Anyone else find this alarming?  (Read 17586 times)

Anyone else find this alarming?
« on: March 11, 2011, 09:43:56 PM »

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Krstic taking 15 shots tonight?

his +/- was -6

our offense was a lot better with him off the floor. our best lineup is Rondo, Pierce, Ray, Green, KG at the moment

plus Hawes destroyed us especially early 14/10, he scored 14 on 10 shots as opposed to krstic who took 15 to score 16. Also deandre jordan killed us last game...he hasn't been playing defense well consistently

There were possessions where krstic was taking his 20 footers..but there was nobody down low in case of an offense rebound. he needs to play down low. he is good around the glass. I enjoy that he was able to get those offensive rebounds and go straight up as opposed to regrouping like perk. I think he'll be effective for 11-14 minutes off the bench because he provides some offensive spark.

Jeff Green, i have nothing bad to say about him. he's been good

Murphy still looks lost out there, but he does what he does best and get rebounds

sasha stiill looks a bit lost, but i think he'll make it through

Arroyo has been fantastic, he's a seasoned vet and knows what to do, he provided quality minutes in that pistons championship run. he can do the same for us

Re: Anyone else find this alarming?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
ya'll are reachin.  Krstic played great.  We have a bunch of key players still injured and 5 new players trying to learn the system.  A couple weeks of slump is inevitable.

That's all that needs to be said.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:52:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Krstic's shooting was a little off, but he was far from our biggest problem tonight.  Any night that Krstic grabs 15 boards he should be pretty much off-limits for criticism.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Krstic's shooting was a little off, but he was far from our biggest problem tonight.  Any night that Krstic grabs 15 boards he should be pretty much off-limits for criticism.

Roy is "The Truth". ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
...and yet another thread.  ::)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
So the fact that he had the second highest -number tonight for the Celtics doesn't mean anything? I personally don't buy into this +, - stuff, but it seems a lot of people here like to point to it. And tonight, Krstic and the second worst - number for the Celtics. So, it has to mean something, right? That said, he grabbed 15 rebounds, which is great. However, he did require 15 shots to score 16 points.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 10:00:55 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
He's fine. But we didn't need him. When you have three HOF's in the starting line-up, you don't need another shooter.

You need an Iavaroni. You need a Rambus. You need a Perkins.

And that's why we're sliding right down the tubes folks.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 10:01:03 PM »

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis

but i'm saying if he were to have taken fewer shots we would've been more successful

on this team our center's line should be like 6 pts, 10 rebounds. this is similar to how i was frustrated by bbd taking more shots than everyone else going like 6/17 from the floor. he should be working around the rim, not so much on the outside because kg has a tendency to go outside. if we have both of them outside of the paint, who is going to be there to box out. and with nobody boxing out, it opens the opposing team to start running. even if we get back on time, we can't keep up with speed.

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 10:01:39 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
So the fact that he had the second highest -number tonight for the Celtics doesn't mean anything? I personally don't buy into this +, - stuff, but it seems a lot of people here like to point to it. And tonight, Krstic and the second worst - number for the Celtics. So, it has to mean something, right? That said, he grabbed 15 rebounds, which is great. However, he did require 15 shots to score 16 points.

I remember those games when Scal's +/- was solid...  And I NEVER wanted him on the floor.  Yeah, I feel that stat is misleading...but there are those who will do anything to point out how much they miss Perk and that Krstic is just a stooge...

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

but i'm saying if he were to have taken fewer shots we would've been more successful

on this team our center's line should be like 6 pts, 10 rebounds. this is similar to how i was frustrated by bbd taking more shots than everyone else going like 6/17 from the floor. he should be working around the rim, not so much on the outside because kg has a tendency to go outside. if we have both of them outside of the paint, who is going to be there to box out. and with nobody boxing out, it opens the opposing team to start running. even if we get back on time, we can't keep up with speed.

So because he's a center he shouldn't shoot?  What kind of logic is that?  I guess it's a product of today's NBA...  Sorry, but I remember watching basketball when centers actually had skills.  Krstic is a "throwback" player, and we should be thankful to have him as a threat on the offensive end...  Our problems are not his fault, no matter how many people try to paint him as the bad guy.

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 10:06:22 PM »

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis

I remember those games when Scal's +/- was solid...  And I NEVER wanted him on the floor.  Yeah, I feel that stat is misleading...but there are those who will do anything to point out how much they miss Perk and that Krstic is just a stooge...

the issue i have is i'd much rather have krstic taking his 4-6 shots down low that come to him as a result of driving in and handing off or offensive rebounds. because that = high percentage shot, and i trust him at the line.

by letting other players take those other shots, it allows them to get into rhythms or break out of slumps if necessary. i'd rather have kg/pp/ray missing shots than krstic missing them [although i'm still against kg taking 20 footers], i have more confidence in them taking shots. Pierce and Ray are also more able to get into their zone by taking more shots.

Shaq did what i liked, he took the ball down low posted up, or took the dish down low and scored. else he grabbed o-board and went up for the dunk. plus he was always down low to grab any rebound or give others trouble by being physical grabbing the rebound

krstic is letting people off easy when he's standing so far away from the rim.

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 10:08:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Anybody who has read my posts over the last week or so knows that I'm not a Krstic apologist, but a few things:

1.  One of his roles in the offense is to spread the floor.  In theory, this opens things up for everyone else to get to the hoop.  In other words, he sets up outside by design;

2.  Krstic can hit those shots.  He's a significantly better outside shooter than BBD is, and he wasn't forcing it; he was shooting open shots;

3.  With both Ray and KG struggling with their shots, the offense had to come from somewhere, and Krstic was often the open man; and

4.  The majority of Krstic's shots *were* in the paint.  According to ESPN, he only took four outside jumpers (but he shot 0-4 on them).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 10:18:59 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Krstic has always been a nice offensive player. and that hasn't changed here.

unfortunately, as OKC discovered, the trade-off is on the defensive end. He puts the effort in. He's playing hard, but he can't give us that edginess that makes our defense our main weapon.

We have always been known for our defense. That's what wins us games.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 10:23:24 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Krstic has always been a nice offensive player. and that hasn't changed here.

unfortunately, as OKC discovered, the trade-off is on the defensive end. He puts the effort in. He's playing hard, but he can't give us that edginess that makes our defense our main weapon.

We have always been known for our defense. That's what wins us games.

deffense can be played in soo many ways
the way we are supposed to play it need a couple of pieces and time
its tough to play when you have 3 of your rotation bigs and one main guard out
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 10:25:58 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
and how many shots did KG, Ray and PP require to get their points tonight?  The answer is: more than it should have.