Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 248953 times)

Re: Robert Williams' knee
« Reply #630 on: July 07, 2018, 11:29:21 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Didn't Robert mention had a MRI after arriving

« Reply #631 on: July 07, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
When I was 19 I had horrible jumper's knee from playing too much basketball. I started training my legs with heavy squats and lunges and haven't had the pain since. I am not concerned.

« Reply #632 on: July 07, 2018, 12:00:10 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
When I was 19 I had horrible jumper's knee from playing too much basketball. I started training my legs with heavy squats and lunges and haven't had the pain since. I am not concerned.

All bodies are the same!

Just joking, I’m not worried yet either.

« Reply #633 on: July 07, 2018, 12:05:35 PM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33

All bodies are the same!

Just joking, I’m not worried yet either.

I'd think his 19 year old tendinitis would be worse because of all the growing he has done. I think he just needs time to "grow into his body"

« Reply #634 on: July 07, 2018, 01:07:42 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Pretty sure his knee was checked by our medical staff pre draft and pre contract.

I doubt we sign him if they didnt believe it was structurally sound or at least confident it was repairable if necessay. Tendonitis is inflammation with pain but not serious structural problems usually, if I'm  not mistaken. Hopefully not cause for concern.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #635 on: July 07, 2018, 01:10:35 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Pretty sure his knee was checked by our medical staff pre draft and pre contract.

I doubt we sign him if they didnt believe it was structurally sound or at least confident it was repairable if necessay. Tendonitis is inflammation with pain but not structural problems usually, if I'm  not mistaken.

He was not checked by staff pre-draft.  They were sent medical records maybe 30 minute before he was picked.  I assume he would have had a pre-contract physical, but I don’t think that would have prevented his signing unless he was liable to never be able to play, since his contract is near-minimum salary territory this year.

« Reply #636 on: July 07, 2018, 01:14:33 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178

I doubt we sign him if they didnt believe it was structurally sound or at least confident it was repairable if necessay. Tendonitis is inflammation with pain but not structural problems usually, if I'm  not mistaken.

He was not checked by staff pre-draft.  They were sent medical records maybe 30 minute before he was picked.  I assume he would have had a pre-contract physical, but I don’t think that would have prevented his signing unless he was liable to never be able to play, since his contract is near-minimum salary territory this year.

I'll  have to take your word for it, but that seems like a small window to spend even just a couple million on a draft pick. High risk potential but maybe thats the nature of the business.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #637 on: July 07, 2018, 01:30:48 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 324

I'll  have to take your word for it, but that seems like a small window to spend even just a couple million on a draft pick. High risk potential but maybe thats the nature of the business.

I'm not sure about a high risk. He was the 27th pick in the draft, and there are a lot of scrubs in the league on longer/bigger contracts. I'd say picking Williams was a small risk.

« Reply #638 on: July 07, 2018, 01:33:15 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
He's a number 27 pick joining an Eastern Conference Finalist.  Its a low risk/potentially high reward pick.  There should be little to no expectation here.  Anything he gives us is gravy.  And if he can become a situational rotation player, its a win.

« Reply #639 on: July 07, 2018, 02:26:13 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 287
He probably just needs to strengthen his quads I doubt that it's a big deal.

« Reply #640 on: July 07, 2018, 02:29:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Maybe we should ask KG's Knee?

Robert Williams dominates in 6 minutes of summer league action!
« Reply #641 on: July 07, 2018, 02:31:00 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Six minutes of Russell-like ball last night lead to 4 pts and 2 rbs before he chose to sit  the rest of the game.

Highlights -

https://youtu.be/bJZjczfdBjc

Re: Robert Williams dominates in 6 minutes of summer league action!
« Reply #642 on: July 07, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The biggest achievement was showing up. So we got that. Granted then he sat right away

Re: Robert Williams dominates in 6 minutes of summer league action!
« Reply #643 on: July 07, 2018, 02:38:36 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Six minutes of Russell-like ball last night lead to 4 pts and 2 rbs before he chose to sit  the rest of the game.

Highlights -

https://youtu.be/bJZjczfdBjc

I get the point but it is not the kid's fault people dream with the eyes open.

« Reply #644 on: July 07, 2018, 02:42:25 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm sure the Celtics doctors are checking out his knee thoroughly.  If it was serious they would say it was.  I know we want to see him play as much as possible in preseason but it seems they were just being careful with him.