Author Topic: Tyreke Evans rumor  (Read 23841 times)

Re: Tyreke Evans rumor
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
That Simmons trade is an LOL.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2018, 07:59:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
New woj article. Evans is officially benched for the eventual trade
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22278839/memphis-grizzlies-benching-tyreke-evans-amid-trade-talks
As trade discussions involving Memphis Grizzlies guard Tyreke Evans intensify, the organization plans to sit him out until a deal is completed, league sources tell ESPN.

The Grizzlies are shopping Evans to try to bring back a first-round draft pick, league sources said, and discussions with several playoff-contending teams have intensified in the past 24 hours.

Teams chasing the playoffs in the East (Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Boston) and the West (Denver and New Orleans) are among those expressing interest in acquiring Evans, league sources said

« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2018, 08:03:46 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
A. Sherrod tweeted to not be surprised if Rozier's name comes up in trade talks.  No way you give him up for a half season rental - however could an expanded deal be made?  Do they have anything else on their roster who might actually help the C's?

« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2018, 08:06:09 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2743
A. Sherrod tweeted to not be surprised if Rozier's name comes up in trade talks.  No way you give him up for a half season rental - however could an expanded deal be made?  Do they have anything else on their roster who might actually help the C's?

Marc Gasol.

« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2018, 08:15:38 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I wouldn't give up rozier

« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2018, 08:15:44 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Marc Gasol.

Other than Gasol and Evans the Grizzlies have absolutely nothing on their roster. They should blow it up.

« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2018, 08:22:03 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
with those teams, particularly the western ones, their first round picks are going to be more enticing. If Danny really wants him He’ll have to include a good player too. Otherwise we won’t get him.

« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2018, 08:25:25 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
how do you know danny isn't interested in paying evans a good deal

« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2018, 08:29:04 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130

Blakely isn't an insider like Woj. His trade talk is often speculative, so take it with a grain of salt.

That said, I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if Rozier's name comes up - he has enough upside to be a decent acquisition for a team via trade, but his skill set is also easily replaceable for the Celtics should they need to deal him.

« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2018, 08:31:48 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
@KevinOConnorNBA
Following
Following @KevinOConnorNBA

More
Kevin O'Connor Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
I've heard multiple teams have put a first-round pick on the table for Tyreke Evans. As I reported on Monday the Celtics, Sixers and Pelicans all have interest. Woj has them, and the Bucks and Nuggets too. Unclear which teams already offered a first but Memphis will have options.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/958873556691050496

« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2018, 08:39:13 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2743
Steve Bulpett‏
@SteveBHoop
Follow Follow @SteveBHoop
More
Keep hearing that Memphis is trying to hold out for a first round pick for Tyreke Evans, but Celtics apparently unwilling to fork one over... It'll be interesting to see if anyone does. Also wonder how Celts weigh offensive gain of Evans vs defensive questions.

https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/958875467976757248

« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2018, 08:46:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Steve Bulpett‏
@SteveBHoop
More
Keep hearing that Memphis is trying to hold out for a first round pick for Tyreke Evans, but Celtics apparently unwilling to fork one over... It'll be interesting to see if anyone does. Also wonder how Celts weigh offensive gain of Evans vs defensive questions.

First-round pick for 30 games of Tyreke Evans? Good luck with that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2018, 08:49:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Steve Bulpett‏
@SteveBHoop
More

First-round pick for 30 games of Tyreke Evans? Good luck with that.

According to the post right above this one, they've been offered a 1st by a few teams. Bulpett's a mouthpiece for the front office. Take his tweets in that light.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2018, 08:57:38 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Keith Smith‏
Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA
Following
Following @KeithSmithNBA

More
I have heard the Celtics would like Tyreke Evans and are willing to talk moving their own first round pick, but want to send a player(s) to Memphis, to conserve the DPE for use on another player. They don't want to just let go of the $5M in salary difference between Evans & DPE.

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/958880851336589312

« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2018, 09:00:12 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Keith Smith‏
Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA
Following
Following @KeithSmithNBA

More
I have heard the Celtics would like Tyreke Evans and are willing to talk moving their own first round pick, but want to send a player(s) to Memphis, to conserve the DPE for use on another player. They don't want to just let go of the $5M in salary difference between Evans & DPE.

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/958880851336589312

I've always thought that was the most logical path.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman