Author Topic: 2016 draft pick tracker  (Read 34096 times)

Re: 2016 draft pick tracker
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2016, 06:56:33 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Nick, your turning negative on us. Pick #15 could be Denzel Valentine, if you don't want him your nuts, kid is the definition of a basketball player.

Also have very solid big man prospects at that range such as Diamond Stone, Deyonta Davis, Ivan Rabb all welcomed additions to this team.

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2016, 07:25:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Rather trade all three draft choices for a star. This team is building, not rebuilding. They need stars not rookies that possibly, maybe, might be, could be a good player in time. With all the cap space the Celtics will have they could absorb any salary in a trade and we could ship the unsigned draft choices off to someone and land a piece this team needs to compete for a title. Or we could do a draft day deal sending out Amir and Jerebko as salary filler and trade the picks before making them. Doesn't matter to me. I want proven stars this off season, not unproven rookies in a down draft that might have potential.

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
houston finally caught up to Dallas and has tied for 7th in the West.  Could finally see Dallas slip to 8th after tonight --> Dallas taking on Indy and Houston has Charlotte.  both games could go either way.

Utah's got Sac on Sunday.  could potentially be 1.5 games closer by Monday which would hopefully bolster their drive for the playoffs.

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2016, 11:21:12 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
Rather trade all three draft choices for a star. This team is building, not rebuilding. They need stars not rookies that possibly, maybe, might be, could be a good player in time. With all the cap space the Celtics will have they could absorb any salary in a trade and we could ship the unsigned draft choices off to someone and land a piece this team needs to compete for a title. Or we could do a draft day deal sending out Amir and Jerebko as salary filler and trade the picks before making them. Doesn't matter to me. I want proven stars this off season, not unproven rookies in a down draft that might have potential.
somehow, i am not sure this sentiment is in opposition to what most everyone thinks here.  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2016, 11:59:06 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rather trade all three draft choices for a star.

Sure, but who?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
link to last year's draft pick tracker
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=75437.0

Standings as of 3/14/16 -- will try to update weekly

Nets pick -- unprotected  -- #4 currently
              Games Behind    Current Wins     Games Left    Last 10
Minnesota         +3                       21                    16                 4-6   
Brooklyn           --                        18                16                 3-7
Phoenix             -1                        17                    16                 3-7

--> PHX still a game behind.  Minny putting some decent space between them and the Nets.  I think Nets are no worse than 4th going into the lottery now.  May end up tied with Phx in the end.

Boston Pick #23 (tied with Memphis) 

Memphis           even                    39                     16                 6-4
Boston          ---                         39                   16                  7-3
Miami                -1                         38                     16                 6-4
Charlotte           -1.5                      37                     17                 8-2
Atlanta              -1.5                      38                     15                 7-3

--> C's might be in a tough place now with Crowder out for 2 weeks and KO possibly returning this week.  Charlotte and Atlanta closing the gap.

Dallas Pick #15-- (tied with Houston) protected if in top 7

Games Behind    Curr5nt Wins   Games Left   Last 10
Indiana              +2                        34                    16                 5-5
Portland             +1.5                     35                    15                 5-5
Detroit                +1                        34                    16                 7-3
===========Eastern Conference Playoff cutoff==============
Houston             even                      33                   16                5-5
Dallas               ----                     33                     16                 4-6
===========Western Conference Playoff cutoff==============
Chicago              even                    32                    18                 4-6
Utah                    -1.5                     31                     16                3-7
Washington        -2                         30                     17                4-6

-->Dallas is all over the place practically on a nightly basis.  Portland finally put a little space between them and Houston did the job and finally caught up.  Need Utah to get it together for the stretch run.  A bit of luck for us and that pick can jump to 12 before the end of the season.  Unlikely to drop that far and even more unlikely it could improve past that point but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Second Rounders:
Philly - #31
Minnesota (if 1st isn't conveyed) - #35
Dallas (better of Dallas or Memphis) - #45
Miami - #52
Cleveland - #58

first rounders
Boston
Brooklyn
Dallas (protected 1-7)
Minnesota (protected 1-12)

Second rounders
Cleveland
Philly
Miami
Best of Dallas/Memphis
Minnesota (if 1st not conveyed)

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2016, 01:48:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
link to last year's draft pick tracker
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=75437.0

Standings as of 3/21/16 -- will try to update weekly

Nets pick -- #3  (tied with Phx)
Minnesota         +3                       22                    13                 3-7   
Brooklyn           --                        19                13                 2-8
Phoenix             even                       19                 13                 4-6

--> PHX now even with Brooklyn with 13 to go.  Getting Knight back has improved their play.  no incentive for Brooklyn to outsuck Phx but I'm think the odds are better than 50/50 in our favor that Brooklyn ends up worse by the end of the season just based on Brooklyn playing in a tougher conference

Boston Pick #21 (tied with Memphis) 

Atlanta              +1                      41                     12                 8-2
Miami                +.5                     40                     13                 7-3
Memphis           even                  40                      12                 4-6
Boston          ---                         40                   12                  5-5
Charlotte           -.5                      39                     13                 8-2

--> C's losing ground.  Dropped to 5th in the East and no Crowder for awhile.  KO also struggling on his return.  C's could wind up alone in 20th spot by next week.  I'm not expecting them to drop further than that by the end of the season since they still have a 3.5 game cushion on the next pack of teams but will continue to monitor. 

Dallas Pick #15-- (tied with Houston) protected if in top 7

Games Behind    Current Wins   Games Left   Last 10
Indiana              +1.5                     36                    13                 5-5
Chicago             +1                        35                    14                 5-5
===========Eastern Conference Playoff cutoff==============
Detroit                +1                        36                    12                 5-5
Portland             +.5                       36                    11                 3-7
Houston             even                     35                    12                6-4
Dallas               ----                     35                     12                 3-7
===========Western Conference Playoff cutoff==============
Washington         -.5                       34                     13                5-5
Utah                    -1                        34                     12                6-4

-->Dallas is actually tied for the 14th worst record but is still in the playoffs for now so worst (best) their pick will be is #15.  one factor in our favor is that Dallas is performing worse over the past 10 games than the teams in their vicinity of the standings.

Second Rounders:
Philly - #31
Minnesota (if 1st isn't conveyed) - #35
Dallas (better of Dallas or Memphis) - #44
Miami - #53
Cleveland - #58

first rounders
Boston
Brooklyn
Dallas (protected 1-7)
Minnesota (protected 1-12)

Second rounders
Cleveland
Philly
Miami
Best of Dallas/Memphis
Minnesota (if 1st not conveyed)

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2016, 02:08:53 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 956
I don't normally get into these games of "Draft Express says these will be our picks," but I'm going to make an exception. They have us picking Jaylen Brown, Valentine and Stone. I would be very happy with that draft.

I know we spend most of our time concentrating on this Brooklyn pick, but the Utah/Dallas/whomever contest is going to be right down to the wire, particularly Utah/Dallas. The second to last game of the season is Dallas at Utah. That game might be the deciding factor. Last game for each: Utah vs. LAL, Dallas vs. San Antonio (who will likely be resting players).

Mike

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 02:46:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I don't normally get into these games of "Draft Express says these will be our picks," but I'm going to make an exception. They have us picking Jaylen Brown, Valentine and Stone. I would be very happy with that draft.

I know we spend most of our time concentrating on this Brooklyn pick, but the Utah/Dallas/whomever contest is going to be right down to the wire, particularly Utah/Dallas. The second to last game of the season is Dallas at Utah. That game might be the deciding factor. Last game for each: Utah vs. LAL, Dallas vs. San Antonio (who will likely be resting players).

Mike
I think that will be on everyone's radar as the season winds down.  even is SAS rests most of their players, I'd still say Utah should have the easier opponent.  if SAS is in a home court battle with Cleveland at that point, I'm not so sure they rest their players.

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Mike

Ending up with Jaylen Brown and Diamond Stone would concern me.  Both talented players, especially in terms of physical attributes.  Not sure how well a no-jumper slasher and a back to the basket bruiser would fit on this team, or more importantly, find an opportunity to develop and carve out a role on this team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2016, 11:29:51 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
It would be nice and epic that the celtics finish wit the second overall pick in the draft after exactly 30 years of the sad tragedy of Len Byas(RIP), GO CELTICS!!!!

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2016, 08:30:02 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
had a few moments to look at the schedule through next Sunday to see how the teams that impact our draft slots may do.  came up with the following projections
Atlanta 2-0
Boston 1-1
Brooklyn 0-3
Charlotte 2-1
Chicago 3-0
Dallas 1-2
Detroit 2-1
Houston 1-3
Indiana 3-0
Memphis 1-1
Miami 1-1
Phoenix 1-2
Portland 2-1
Utah 1-2
Washington 2-1

doesn't look like Utah will finally close that gap with Dallas.
Phx looks like it should overtake Nets to get Brooklyn back into the 3rd slot
Boston looks like it will settle into more of the pack.

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2016, 11:38:01 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 956
I'm a little nervous about the Charlotte game tonight, with CLT on the 2nd of a BTB, but the rest of the month's schedule looks brutal for the Nets. Week of March 28th, they have four games in five nights, all on the road (if we count the Knicks as a road game).

Of course, every time I've made predictions about whether BKN should win/lose a game this year, I've been wrong, so they'll probably go 4-0.

Fun fact for Dallas: If they finish in a tie with Utah, head-to-head is the first tie-breaker. They've split the season so far. That 4/11 game is looking increasing large. Road trip to Salt Lake City, anyone?

Mike

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2016, 11:46:16 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I'm a little nervous about the Charlotte game tonight, with CLT on the 2nd of a BTB, but the rest of the month's schedule looks brutal for the Nets. Week of March 28th, they have four games in five nights, all on the road (if we count the Knicks as a road game).

Of course, every time I've made predictions about whether BKN should win/lose a game this year, I've been wrong, so they'll probably go 4-0.

Fun fact for Dallas: If they finish in a tie with Utah, head-to-head is the first tie-breaker. They've split the season so far. That 4/11 game is looking increasing large. Road trip to Salt Lake City, anyone?

Mike
I'm anticipating that game will determine who's in the playoffs for the 8th seed.

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2016, 09:04:18 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
had a few moments to look at the schedule through next Sunday to see how the teams that impact our draft slots may do.  came up with the following projections
Atlanta 2-0
Boston 1-1
Brooklyn 0-3
Charlotte 2-1
Chicago 3-0
Dallas 1-2
Detroit 2-1
Houston 1-3
Indiana 3-0
Memphis 1-1
Miami 1-1
Phoenix 1-2
Portland 2-1
Utah 1-2
Washington 2-1

doesn't look like Utah will finally close that gap with Dallas.
Phx looks like it should overtake Nets to get Brooklyn back into the 3rd slot
Boston looks like it will settle into more of the pack.
well, pegged 3 out of 4 games right last night.  who'd have figured the Grizz losing to the Lakers.   while it doesn't hurt the Dallas pick and it doesn't impact Boston's playoff spot, it does hurt the C's draft slot.