Poll

Do you want Joakim Noah on the Celtics

Yes
41 (62.1%)
No
25 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: [RUMOR] Boston Celtics looking at Joakim Noah  (Read 18308 times)

[RUMOR] Boston Celtics looking at Joakim Noah
« on: November 18, 2015, 11:55:23 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
This is the link and not sure how credible this source is, just want to create this thread purely for the discussion of - do you want Joakim Noah

http://www.christianpost.com/news/nba-trade-rumors-chicago-bulls-sending-joakim-noah-to-boston-celtics-150328/

Chicago Bulls player Joakim Noah may be traded off to Boston Celtics because of his declining game performance, the latest NBA trade rumors say.

Joakim Noah used to be an "untouchable" player of the Chicago Bulls and he was part of the team's starting five. But now that the Bulls have a new coach and Noah no longer plays a major role in games, he may be traded off to the Boston Celtics, according to an All About Rookies report cited by Realty Today.

Nikola and Pau Gasol seemed to have taken over Noah's role in the team, so he is now spending lesser time on the court. In addition, his injury has already affected his performance this season, the report details.

A blog entry by Pippen Ain't Easy said Noah's performance has been declining because of his age and his lack of energy. In addition, he is not aligned with the Bulls' offensive tactic, so the team may be looking to trade him while he is still valuable, the report relays.

Rumor has it that Boston Celtics would be willing to take Noah in, as this would be a rare chance to snag a star player. If he gets back in shape, he will be a good addition to the Celtics' roster, especially because they do not need to sign a huge check just to lure Noah into the team, Australia Network News reports.

If Noah were to leave the Chicago Bulls, many other teams would benefit from a trade. The Bulls, for one, would probably be interested to acquire some of the Celtics' young talents, the report adds.

Meanwhile, there are also rumors brewing about DeMarcus Cousins' possible trade to the Boston Celtics. As of now, the Sacramento Kings is in a chaotic situation and they got off to a bad start in the 2015-2016 NBA Season, the NESN said.

The NBA trade rumor about Joakim Noah is still unconfirmed, so fans would have to wait and see how things work out for the Chicago Bulls player.

may be a smoke screen as the article mentions Cousins

Who would you give up for Noah, since he is falling out of favor in Chicago

Zeller/Lee and a 2nd rounder?

Re: [RUMOR] Boston Celtics looking at Joakim Noah
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 11:59:10 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
I would totally go for Noah depending on the asking price. He's being misused now in Chicago and is exactly the type of center this Celtics team needs.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 11:59:29 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
ko,zeller and dallas pick plus filler

Noah is way to injury prone to give up more than that

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 12:00:54 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 294
So both Realty Today and the Australian News Network are reporting and commenting on this rumor (and then christianpost.com picked it up)?

Who are these people?

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 12:02:23 PM »

Offline Funk_e_Frank

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Zeller, KO i don't think a Dallas's pick should go maybe a second or 2(FILLERS AS NEEDED). He's great on D and very limited on offense. He's not what he used to be at all. Still a good passer but can't draw the other teams centers out the paint due to lack of shooting.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:15:11 PM by Funk_e_Frank »

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 12:04:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'd love to get Noah, but if Bulls fans read this and think, "Maybe we can get the Nets pick.."

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 12:06:18 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
So both Realty Today and the Australian News Network are reporting and commenting on this rumor (and then christianpost.com picked it up)?

Who are these people?

Don't forget "the NESN."

Credibility aside, I have wondered whether Noah might be a potential "disgruntled star" trade target for the Celtics. But the price tag has to make sense. He's in the final year of his contract, so he could easily walk after the season.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 12:08:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Who would you give up for Noah, since he is falling out of favor in Chicago

Zeller/Lee and a 2nd rounder?
Zeller/Lee and a first rounder that doesn't project in the lottery. The problem is that Mirotic is actively trying to play himself out of the starting lineup, so the Bulls may decide to pull the breaks on that one.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 12:10:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
Welp.....Noah definetly is a CBS type of player and fits the pass and defense scheme we run.

He would be amazing energy guy with Crowder and Smart and able to protect the IT from getting swatted.

My question is WHO is going to score the points ? LOL .....besides the IT.

Probably somebody we an't drafted yet

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
AB, Turner and Zeller would make sense for Noah and Snell.

Since Rose can't guard well anymore. And AB is a decent shooter. AB fits well next to Rose. Zeller fits their bigman offense as well. Snell fits C's more than Turner. While Noah gives team a true defensive center. I can see working for both clubs.

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 12:15:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Who are these people?
Other publications picking it up include the Delhi Daily News, SportsBlog.com, KDramaStars, and Reality Today. No joke.

It's clearly bogus, but I think we can use him even with his declining skills/health.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 12:15:44 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Who are these people?

Their source is famed journalist Pippin Ain't Easy.  Pretty sure he won a Pulitzer a couple years ago

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 12:16:26 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I've been interested in getting Noah for a long time. I think we have a good thing going and I think it's also not easy to get a good thing going, so I don't think I'd want to trade more than guys we are not really using. Zeller and Lee make a lot of sense. I guess we could add a late pick or maybe some deal where the bulls get an option to swap a pick. No Nets picks but something like our pick or Dallas's pick or a swap option. Out D is winning us games and Noah would only add to that.

I wonder if Sac would value Noah more than Lee as the contract filler part of a potential deal? Maybe we could trade for Noah soon and then by the deadline trade him with other assets for DMC if he was on the block.

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 12:25:46 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
Welp.....Noah definetly is a CBS type of player and fits the pass and defense scheme we run.

He would be amazing energy guy with Crowder and Smart and able to protect the IT from getting swatted.

My question is WHO is going to score the points ? LOL .....besides the IT.

Probably somebody we an't drafted yet

Can you imagine our current defense with the addition of Noah? We would be one of the best defensive teams in the past 10 years.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 12:27:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
David Lee, Tyler Zeller and the Mavs pick.

(that'd be my offer)

I don't think Zeller or Lee would be a great fit with Taj Gibson or Pau Gasol, though, so that's a problem.  This wouldn't exactly help things for the Bulls.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain