Poll

Do you want Joakim Noah on the Celtics

Yes
41 (62.1%)
No
25 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: [RUMOR] Boston Celtics looking at Joakim Noah  (Read 18287 times)

Re: [RUMOR] Boston Celtics looking at Joakim Noah
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2015, 10:49:03 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
If we could get him under the right circumstances I'd take him.

He's always reminded of KG - defensive intensity, great teammate, makes his team better...

He'd have to be "A" piece, though - a shoe to drop. Just like it was with getting KG and Ray Ray here.

If we're getting HIM, then Danny is about to make some serious moves. You don't take a risk on Joakim Noah unless you're serious about playing into June.

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2015, 12:36:42 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
He's 30 years old, 7' 245 lb. not a lumbering type of center, a strong, and emotional kind of defender, an exceptional passer, he's a decent rim protecter too. Little scoring ability, and a lot of miles. Also, should the C's acquire a young stud center in the future, he'd be a strong mentor and back up, if we sign him later. As for this year, and the immediate future, he would really help at the center position.

Zeller should be included in any deal for sure, and Noah would take minutes from Sully, while providing a different kind of look for the team. He and Amir could give us a more defensive minded front court.

Don't over pay, but I'm for it.
That says it all.  Zeller would be the big I'd move in deal

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2015, 01:35:44 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
If we could get him under the right circumstances I'd take him.

He's always reminded of KG - defensive intensity, great teammate, makes his team better...

He'd have to be "A" piece, though - a shoe to drop. Just like it was with getting KG and Ray Ray here.

If we're getting HIM, then Danny is about to make some serious moves. You don't take a risk on Joakim Noah unless you're serious about playing into June.

I agree. Though the big difference between him and KG (aside from overall talent) is that KG is/was a very, very good shooter. He knocked down that 18 footer like it was a layup. And on a team that already lacks great outside shooters, Noah's lack of range could pose problems for the team with spacing.

That said, if indeed Danny is looking to shake things up even more, that issue may no longer be a problem depending on what other deals go down.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:39:15 PM by Jon »

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2015, 01:54:20 PM »

Offline brundlenye the sciencefly

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
If KO can find his offense I think he and Noah could potentially be an excellent frontcourt for the CBS system, what with all the movement, passing, etc.

« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2015, 06:20:58 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I think we are good on the front of the bigs. Moreover, Noah is declining as a player.

WhatI'd love to have now is a scoring SF.

« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2015, 06:49:50 AM »

Offline revtodd64

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Matching salaries makes this trade a non-starter.  There is no way to simply get Noah on the cheap.  You have to give up equal salaries.  It has to be David Lee or Amir Johnson at the core of the trade.  Is Noah really that much better than either of these two players at the moment?  He may be a better overall defender, but Lee has been looking great on offense and passes very well.  Johnson spaces the floor better and is a decent defender.  Trading more than one of these bigs plus a second rounder or two from our hoard might be OK, but it seems like a lateral move that hurts team chemistry for little gain to get a guy who has fallen out of the rotation on another team.  Stand pat and look for a better deal.  Chicago has to give us something we need to make this work.

« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2015, 08:14:18 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Matching salaries makes this trade a non-starter.  There is no way to simply get Noah on the cheap.  You have to give up equal salaries.  It has to be David Lee or Amir Johnson at the core of the trade.  Is Noah really that much better than either of these two players at the moment?  He may be a better overall defender, but Lee has been looking great on offense and passes very well.  Johnson spaces the floor better and is a decent defender.  Trading more than one of these bigs plus a second rounder or two from our hoard might be OK, but it seems like a lateral move that hurts team chemistry for little gain to get a guy who has fallen out of the rotation on another team.  Stand pat and look for a better deal.  Chicago has to give us something we need to make this work.
I don't know if you can compare it like that, and discuss whether or not Noah is better than Amir or Lee. Noah will definitely add 3 things that we kind of lack on our current roster: 1) Size, 2) Rebounding and 3) Defense.
I agree that Lee has been good off the bench so far, but Noah will probably make this team better as a collective unit based on the things that he could possibly contribute to this team. It is going to be fun to see what will happen at the deadline ;D
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2015, 09:36:12 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Lee and Sully for Noah with some good second round picks included would be fine with me. It clears up the logjam in the frontcourt and gives you a guy that you can sign for some years. You just have to be willing to watch his minutes played but the Celtics are already doing that with Sully, so no big deal.

What a terrible trade that would be.

« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2015, 10:15:44 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Yes I'd like Noah but I would bet my next paycheck that the Bulls are not giving him away and want a lot.  Would I give a #1 pick for him?  No way.  Would I trade our 1-7 players?  No way.

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2015, 11:06:41 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
It's pretty tricky to trade for Noah.  Lee is obviously our best salary for matching purposes, but he makes $2 million more than Noah this year, and the Bulls are already solidly in luxury tax territory, so they may not be inclined to take him on.  Trading Amir would be silly, and then our next largest salary would be Bradley, which doesn't make sense on a number of levels.  I haven't followed the Bulls enough to know if they have an additional player that they would dump to save luxury tax bills, but something like Lee and a pick for Noah costs them approximately $4 million in luxury tax.  If they got an additional young guy on top of it, the penalty would be even greater.

But if it could be worked out, I'm on board with a big rotation of Amir, Noah, Sully, and KO.  I think Noah is a very good fit for what Stevens is trying to do here.

I don't think it would be silly to move Amir in a package for Noah. They would essentially play the same type of role with Noah being more versatile than Johnson. We only have Johnson on the books for this year at 12 mil so we might as well use it wisely. That would almost be the perfect running mate for Sully too. For the Bulls they do it because it gives them cap relief next year so they could potentially miss the luxury tax next year or bring in added help.

Other than Amir has been playing significantly better than Noah, and Noah himself is in a one year contract, plus Amir's team option for next year is a very valuable asset to have.

So yes, trading Amir for Noah would be quite silly.

Yeah, Amir Johnson is probably the better player as of now.

Not much interest in Noah.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2015, 11:20:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Lee and Sully for Noah with some good second round picks included would be fine with me. It clears up the logjam in the frontcourt and gives you a guy that you can sign for some years

Noah is too old in my opinion.  I do not see him as the final piece we need.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:25:44 AM by Celtics4ever »