Poll

Do you want Joakim Noah on the Celtics

Yes
41 (62.1%)
No
25 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: [RUMOR] Boston Celtics looking at Joakim Noah  (Read 18215 times)

Re: [RUMOR] Boston Celtics looking at Joakim Noah
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Conviently enough wouldn't James Young be one of the players they were interested in?

Been pondering a Noah for Zeller swap since the start of the season, they have too small a role for Noah but Zeller would be just right for backing up Pay Gasol. Bet Zeller would play well with Taj Gibson too.

Maybe something like this...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pupskl4

+The Dallas, Minnesota or Boston pick.

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The Christian Post?

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1633
  • What a Pub Should Be
The Christian Post?

The Christian Science Monitor's stepbrother.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 12:35:12 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
David Lee, Tyler Zeller and the Mavs pick.

(that'd be my offer)

I don't think Zeller or Lee would be a great fit with Taj Gibson or Pau Gasol, though, so that's a problem.  This wouldn't exactly help things for the Bulls.

I think Lee has to be the starting point for any Noah trade, otherwise we need to include too many people.  I wonder if Lee, Rozier, and a pick could get it done?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 12:37:32 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

(that'd be my offer)

I don't think Zeller or Lee would be a great fit with Taj Gibson or Pau Gasol, though, so that's a problem.  This wouldn't exactly help things for the Bulls.

Could pull in a 3rd team, though (obviously). If Lee went to a team with cap room, Bulls would generate a large TE, which could be a worthwhile asset for them.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
AB, Turner and Zeller would make sense for Noah and Snell.

Since Rose can't guard well anymore. And AB is a decent shooter. AB fits well next to Rose. Zeller fits their bigman offense as well. Snell fits C's more than Turner. While Noah gives team a true defensive center. I can see working for both clubs.

This trade helps Chicago too much.  Unless Snell is an above average defender...If Noah
is not 100 percent healthy have to be careful.

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 12:43:08 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 548
Welp.....Noah definetly is a CBS type of player and fits the pass and defense scheme we run.

He would be amazing energy guy with Crowder and Smart and able to protect the IT from getting swatted.

The thought of a guy as obnoxious (and effective) as Noah to go with Smart, Crowder etc.  I definitely wouldn't mind seeing that. 

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 12:45:52 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
When can we trade Lee? Isnt there some rule stopping us from trading newly acquired players?

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 12:49:49 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 947
I write a blog unrelated to basketball that nobody reads. I'm thinking about doing a post with the title "Celtics Trade for DeMarcus Cousins!" and then just putting a bunch of filler in the post ("Rumor has it that the Celtics are considering trading two of their draft picks from the Nets, etc.") with tons of keywords. Clearly, any rumor during the silly season (which, in terms of NBA trades, is limited to winter, spring, summer and fall) get picked up and disseminated quickly. Think of the Adsense impressions!

Mike

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 12:50:02 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

(that'd be my offer)

Could pull in a 3rd team, though (obviously). If Lee went to a team with cap room, Bulls would generate a large TE, which could be a worthwhile asset for them.

I doubt the Celitcs will give up the Mavs pick.  If it's # 9-11, which I still believe is a good possibility, that's a lot to give up for a guy with an injury.  I need more info on that I guess.... Just give up the Minny pick or the Celtics pick.  Or James Young possibly.

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 12:50:22 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Also, if we could get Noah for Zeller, Lee and a couple seconds that would be amazing. Man, Id even throw in our pick this year (Celtics pick) considering I think Noah really helps us, making our pick a later first.

Smart, AB, Crowder and Noah make our starting line up hands down one of the scariest, hardest working defensive lineups in the league.

Still wondering who is gonna score though  ::)

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 12:52:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
I d be for trading Lee , Zeller , Young , a pick of some sort .

No to CBS 's new son "Hunter" ......I think he is going to be prime player in a couple years.

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 12:59:49 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
The mavs pick could be a lottery one.... lee zeller and 2 seconds... he is free agent this summer

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 01:00:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Noah would be a nice fit here; he's declining so his expiring deal is probably not as bad as being on the hook for 2-3 more seasons after this one. 

I'd love it if we could find a way to snag Doug McDermott, or even Snell, in the deal, though.  We could desperately use a 3 who can shoot somewhere in the rotation.  It'd also make giving up a 1st a lot more palatable than a possible 1/2 season rental of Noah.  Hoiberg seems to like McBuckets though, which is unfortunate - it'd probably be a lot easier to take him from the Thibs regime. 

Lee, Young, and one of our lesser 1sts for Noah + McDermott/Snell both work in the trade machine.  Don't know if they'd want more contributors than that, though; Zeller works in place of Young but that might still not be enough.

EDIT: Yeah, that'd leave them with a pretty big hole at the 3 unless they wanted to slide Butler up or something.  We'd probably have to include Turner somewhere in there.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:08:14 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 01:09:52 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Noah would be a nice fit here; he's declining so his expiring deal is probably not as bad as being on the hook for 2-3 more seasons after this one. 

I'd love it if we could find a way to snag Doug McDermott, or even Snell, in the deal, though.  We could desperately use a 3 who can shoot somewhere in the rotation.  It'd also make giving up a 1st a lot more palatable than a possible 1/2 season rental of Noah.  Hoiberg seems to like McBuckets though, which is unfortunate - it'd probably be a lot easier to take him from the Thibs regime. 

Lee, Young, and one of our lesser 1sts for Noah + McDermott/Snell both work in the trade machine.  Don't know if they'd want more contributors than that, though; Zeller works in place of Young but that might still not be enough.

EDIT: Yeah, that'd leave them with a pretty big hole at the 3 unless they wanted to slide Butler up or something.  We'd probably have to include Turner somewhere in there.

Maybe target a 3 from another team in a separate deal?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague