Author Topic: With the Celtics' and Clippers' picks I think the best we could realistically...  (Read 16239 times)

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
15-Portis
24-Looney

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
15-Portis
24-Looney

Portis is most likely staying at Arkansas and Looney is a lottery pick.
DKC Suns

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
15-Portis
24-Looney

I bet portis is declating. He won sec player of the year award

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Who I want at 25
1. Nigel Hayes
2. Rondae Hollis Jefferson
3. Malik Pope

Not bad. For me

1. Rhj
2. Jarell Martin
3. Moussa Diagne
4. Hield

Huge reach, Diagne and Hield are nowhere near being first round picks.

Hield is a 1st round talent imo. Kind of like a Marcus Thornton but better handles/passing skills

He has great body, nba body already. Active defender, smooth, quick release 3 pt shot.  Good at driving to the basket also. Wip mid range game.

http://youtu.be/HIk0ig9AeWg

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Its really tough to predict who will be available at this point, using Draftexpress as a mock and my tiers( http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/3/18/8241001/tiers-of-an-nba-draft-addict )I would do the following

#15 Poeltl (DX has him going 14 so this may require using a 2nd [#43] and $$ to trade up a spot). This pick is actually against my tiers but his potential and position make a stretch worth the shot. Looney or M Pope are also options but both are higher risk then Poetlt. If it wasn't for KO and Sully being on the roster the safe pick at this spot would be Harrell. He will be a very solid pro and provide toughness and D at the 4 where ever he is drafted.

#26 Hollis-Jefferson (DX has him going 24 but it would be well worth it to trade #33 to move up). He has a lot to work on but his athleticism and D are elite thats a great starting point.

If not traded, Euro stash will be likely but if the Cs stay domestic

#33 D Johnson, if he was on a different team I think his stats would make him a late teens pick. Worth a shot in the 2nd.

#43 Ron Baker, has a great skill set to make it as a role player

I like this a lot!

To those saying Poeltl's potential is Zeller - they have nothing in common, except the fact that they both are white and 7 f tall. Poeltl is longer, way better defender, worse offensively and 6 years younger. Poeltl's potential is rich man's Asik - similar defender and better on O. He is a good fit.

RHJ has obvious flaws, but is also elite defensively - fast enough to guard faster opponents, strong and long enough to guard bigger ones. At this draft position, elite at anything is great IMO.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Montrezl Harrel and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

I'd love to draft a big, but there's not going to be one worth the slot. I might be ok taking a chance on Robert Upshaw with the Clippers pick. It's tough to find a starter at that slot anyway.

I wish there was a strong team defender in the cards for us who could also either shoot or reach the net without jumping, but when you're picking 15th and 25th you're not going to get everything. My philosophy is don't overthink this... take these dudes who you know won't disappoint you and might grow into something more.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:06:20 AM by sofutomygaha »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
To those saying Poeltl's potential is Zeller - they have nothing in common, except the fact that they both are white and 7 f tall. Poeltl is longer, way better defender, worse offensively and 6 years younger. Poeltl's potential is rich man's Asik - similar defender and better on O. He is a good fit.

Exactly! That's why he is my choice at #15.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

Same

15 Jakob Poeltl, Frank Kaminsky, Bobby Portis

26 Montrez Harrel, Caris LeVert, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, RJ Hunter

33 Justin Anderson, Dakari Johnson, Cliff Alexander

43 Ron Baker, Buddy Hield, Rashad Vaughn

I'm just happy we get multiple swings at bat this draft...

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Package it so we can move up and draft Justice Winslow or Myles Turner..

If we can't, then get the best player available. At that point it's just get whoever would turn to be the best asset or has the highest upside. But those two names should be the target.

And LeBryan Nash as a 2nd round pick. That kid is going to be a steal waiting to happen.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:24:42 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

You're saying that Poetl has the potential to be one of the better defensive centers in the NBA. The word potential comes with a lot of license, though, and the further you stretch it the less likely it is to come true. Right now all you can say is that Poeltl has tools.

On Friday Poeltl is going to face the kind of animal he will have to deal with in the NBA. I'm looking forward to seeing how he responds. I expect him to get dominated, but if he can figure out a way to bother Okafor without fouling himself out I think I'll be open to the idea of drafting him.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
15-Portis
24-Looney

I believe Portis will declare. Also someone always slips in the draft. Looney has been up and down draft boards through the year both lotto and mid round. Looney looks like a young Tashuan Prince as his play and numbers show. He doesn't warrant a high pick in my opinion.

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

You're saying that Poetl has the potential to be one of the better defensive centers in the NBA. The word potential comes with a lot of license, though, and the further you stretch it the less likely it is to come true. Right now all you can say is that Poeltl has tools.

On Friday Poeltl is going to face the kind of animal he will have to deal with in the NBA. I'm looking forward to seeing how he responds. I expect him to get dominated, but if he can figure out a way to bother Okafor without fouling himself out I think I'll be open to the idea of drafting him.

I am so EXCITED for that matchup.... That game will be awesome. I think Poeltl is going to surprise some people, and I'm worried that game could push him out of our reach  :'(

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Imo Danny is going to try his best to package the 1sts plus late 2nd to get a 7-8 pick.  Wouldnt be surprised if he attempts to get hezonja or porzingis (top level international talents). 

Keep that 76ers pick to draft a guy like Jarell Martin, Dakari Johnson , Christian wood to replace Bass

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Imo Danny is going to try his best to package the 1sts plus late 2nd to get a 7-8 pick.  Wouldnt be surprised if he attempts to get hezonja or porzingis (top level international talents). 

Keep that 76ers pick to draft a guy like Jarell Martin, Dakari Johnson , Christian wood to replace Bass

This is what I'm hoping for, I want us to move up to get Porzingis and we need to do anything to get him.
I think we'll need to offer more than that though.
I think the minimum to get a pick from say, Detroit at number 7 or 8 in exchange for our #14 or #15 is an enormous price.
either:

2015 Celtics first round pick #15
+2015 Clippers pick#25
+Olynyk

or

2015 Celtics pick+
a Brooklyn pick+
2nd rounder

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Package it so we can move up and draft Justice Winslow or Myles Turner..

If we can't, then get the best player available. At that point it's just get whoever would turn to be the best asset or has the highest upside. But those two names should be the target.

And LeBryan Nash as a 2nd round pick. That kid is going to be a steal waiting to happen.

I agree. I really like those two guys. While im not one to usually say we draft for need, Winslow and Turner fit our needs and will be good.