Author Topic: With the Celtics' and Clippers' picks I think the best we could realistically...  (Read 16244 times)

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
#15 - Kevon Looney ; Excellent rebounder, can guard multiple positions, only 19 (should fill out nicely)

#24 - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson ; better version of Jae Crowder when its all said and done

Both players have wingspans at over 7'....Both extremely raw and young.  Both solid defenders.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Whoever falls of Oubre(SF)/Turner (C) at #15, which I think one of them probably will.

Then reach for the opposite prospect at #24 - someone like D. Johnson maybe?
I like Turner and hope he falls to us. Also with our other pick maybe Cliff Alexander...thats if we can't get him in the 2nd round.

Also Robert Upshaw with a 2nd rounder may be an option

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
trade up to get winslow or cauley-stein

I dont think you even have to tradeup for wcs

Has not looked impressive in the tourney so far
yep. there is a reason he is still at UK

Just looks like a pilon on the offensive end.  Mainly good for dunks, putbacks. Doesnt even set very good screens.

Towns is easily a better overall player

Can't agree with any of this, except that Towns is the better player (hence why he will go top 3). WCS can be an elite rim protector, which is super valuable in this league. Offensively he doesn't need to be a top-3 option offensively to have an excellent career - he just needs to be able to finish lobs, drive-and-kick, put-backs, plus some transition points, which are the things he's doing in Kentucky.

Also, DX has WCS at #5 - I think that's a little high, but it tells you that he will definitely not be available at #15.

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Whoever falls of Oubre(SF)/Turner (C) at #15, which I think one of them probably will.

Then reach for the opposite prospect at #24 - someone like D. Johnson maybe?
I like Turner and hope he falls to us. Also with our other pick maybe Cliff Alexander...thats if we can't get him in the 2nd round.

Also Robert Upshaw with a 2nd rounder may be an option

Yeah, as long as his medical stuff checks out, I'd trade up a bit for Turner--even though he does have a funny gate.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Thankful that you folks are not our GM.  Some of these guys have really been all over the place in terms of performance.   Ainge usually takes a guy who can play over potential in the past.  If I was drafting some of these guys I think I would try to trade down because they still may be there.

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
Its really tough to predict who will be available at this point, using Draftexpress as a mock and my tiers( http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/3/18/8241001/tiers-of-an-nba-draft-addict )I would do the following

#15 Poeltl (DX has him going 14 so this may require using a 2nd [#43] and $$ to trade up a spot). This pick is actually against my tiers but his potential and position make a stretch worth the shot. Looney or M Pope are also options but both are higher risk then Poetlt. If it wasn't for KO and Sully being on the roster the safe pick at this spot would be Harrell. He will be a very solid pro and provide toughness and D at the 4 where ever he is drafted.

#26 Hollis-Jefferson (DX has him going 24 but it would be well worth it to trade #33 to move up). He has a lot to work on but his athleticism and D are elite thats a great starting point.

If not traded, Euro stash will be likely but if the Cs stay domestic

#33 D Johnson, if he was on a different team I think his stats would make him a late teens pick. Worth a shot in the 2nd.

#43 Ron Baker, has a great skill set to make it as a role player

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Just looks like a pilon on the offensive end.  Mainly good for dunks, putbacks. Doesnt even set very good screens.

You know you're actually describing your boy Aaron Gordon, right? The difference though is Cauley-Stein is a true center, while nobody really knows where to play the non-shooting tweener Gordon.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

You know you're actually describing your boy Aaron Gordon, right? The difference though is Cauley-Stein is a true center, while nobody really knows where to play the non-shooting tweener Gordon.

I think Gordon has much better offensive skills than WCS. Good handles, elite rim finishing. He just needs to play next to a stretch 4 and I think he can be 2-way player. However, WCS provides more defensive value due to position.

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 961
Thankful that you folks are not our GM.  Some of these guys have really been all over the place in terms of performance.   Ainge usually takes a guy who can play over potential in the past.  If I was drafting some of these guys I think I would try to trade down because they still may be there.

I'm glad you brought up the "trade down" possibility, since I've also considered that.  My question is what we could get for a 15 and/or 24.  We could try to snag a later pick this year and one next year, I guess, but we're taking on a lot of inherent risk.  This question is probably a whole new thread...

Mike

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422

I'm glad you brought up the "trade down" possibility, since I've also considered that.  My question is what we could get for a 15 and/or 24.  We could try to snag a later pick this year and one next year, I guess, but we're taking on a lot of inherent risk.  This question is probably a whole new thread...

Mike

Trading down is a possibility given the way the talent pool looks maybe the Cs and 76ers make something happen Cs could do a #15, #26, and #33 for #16 and #19 if the current standings hold
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Mike

Trading down is a possibility given the way the talent pool looks maybe the Cs and 76ers make something happen Cs could do a #15, #26, and #33 for #16 and #19 if the current standings hold
think the C's would be overpaying there.  swap out #33 for the later second rounder and I'd consider it depending on who's available that late that makes it worth moving up.  I really think the Clips pick will come at least a couple of picks sooner than #26.

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If we manage to get to the playoffs...turner, hollins upshaw and vezenkov

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Who I want at 25
1. Nigel Hayes
2. Rondae Hollis Jefferson
3. Malik Pope

Not bad. For me

1. Rhj
2. Jarell Martin
3. Moussa Diagne
4. Hield

Huge reach, Diagne and Hield are nowhere near being first round picks.
DKC Suns

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Kaminsky and Pope for me.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 563

Mike

The Sixers already have 5 2nd rounders so I don't think they'd want another one in this draft.  I'd rather keep the #33 as this draft looks deep enough for their to be some good players still available.