Author Topic: With the Celtics' and Clippers' picks I think the best we could realistically...  (Read 16240 times)

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Who do you think are the best kids the C's could realistically get with our picks?

Let's make a game out of this:

C's have #15 (Playoffs :) ) and#24

I love this draft and I'd love to hear what you guys think.

We need a SF and a C (But you can draft who you think will be BPA)

My picks:
#15 Poeltl
#24 I'm stuck between Hunter/Dekker/Lavert

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
I really want Poeltl, he will be very good. One of our best options.

With Clippers pick Dekker or Tyus Jones.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

So we agree on our picks, TP to you :)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Poetl is one of last option at 15 for me.  We already have Zeller.  Good chance Poetl wont be much better (if ceiling reached).

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday

So we agree on our picks, TP to you :)

TP too!

I forgot about Christian Wood, another good option for Clippers pick, if he is available.

Poeltl will be a good rim protector. And his ceiling is higher than Cauley-Stein's in my opinion. With his defense we could try to bring Love. Tyus Jones would be a safety pick: if Smart doesn't develop the point guard instinct, we could use Jones at PG in the future and Marcus at SG to defend.

Smart / Thomas / Jones
Bradley / Turner / Young
Free agent SF / Crowder / Wallace (meh)
Love (we can trade Kelly then) / Sullinger / Jerebko or Bass
Poeltl / Zeller / Hernangomez (second round pick)
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 167
Isn't Jones a PG?  So we'd have Smart, Thomas, Pressey, Bradley, all of whom can play the point, why add Jones?  I'm looking for a scorer at that position, unless we can spin the two firsts in a trade.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
Whoever falls of Oubre(SF)/Turner (C) at #15, which I think one of them probably will.

Then reach for the opposite prospect at #24 - someone like D. Johnson maybe?

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
trade up to get winslow or cauley-stein

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I dont think you even have to tradeup for wcs

Has not looked impressive in the tourney so far

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Isn't Jones a PG?  So we'd have Smart, Thomas, Pressey, Bradley, all of whom can play the point, why add Jones?  I'm looking for a scorer at that position, unless we can spin the two firsts in a trade.
I wouldn't use those players as an excuse not to select him. 
Smart -> not showing a lot of natural PG skills.  hoping he can at least be a solid combo guard
IT -> backup PG on good team.  he's not someone I'd want starting
Pressey -> 3rd string PG.  I like the kid but we could really use an upgrade at PG overall
AB -> in no way, shape or form is AB a PG.  his ballhandling and passing are low quality for a SG, nevermind a PG.  AB should never be played at PG if it can ever be avoided.  I'd rather play KO at PG instead.
Turner -> has been used as PG a lot this year.  fine bringing the ball up and ok passer but dribbling or passing in traffic is not great.

If Jones is BPA at the time we pick with the Clips pick I'd be fine taking him but a tad bummed someone better didn't fall to us.  if he's there with the philly second, he'd be a good selection at that spot IMHO

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Who I want at 25
1. Nigel Hayes
2. Rondae Hollis Jefferson
3. Malik Pope
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
I wouldn't use those players as an excuse not to select him. 
Smart -> not showing a lot of natural PG skills.  hoping he can at least be a solid combo guard
IT -> backup PG on good team.  he's not someone I'd want starting
Pressey -> 3rd string PG.  I like the kid but we could really use an upgrade at PG overall
AB -> in no way, shape or form is AB a PG.  his ballhandling and passing are low quality for a SG, nevermind a PG.  AB should never be played at PG if it can ever be avoided.  I'd rather play KO at PG instead.
Turner -> has been used as PG a lot this year.  fine bringing the ball up and ok passer but dribbling or passing in traffic is not great.

If Jones is BPA at the time we pick with the Clips pick I'd be fine taking him but a tad bummed someone better didn't fall to us.  if he's there with the philly second, he'd be a good selection at that spot IMHO

Exactly! TP.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Who I want at 25
1. Nigel Hayes
2. Rondae Hollis Jefferson
3. Malik Pope

Not bad. For me

1. Rhj
2. Jarell Martin
3. Moussa Diagne
4. Hield

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572

yep. there is a reason he is still at UK
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

yep. there is a reason he is still at UK

Just looks like a pilon on the offensive end.  Mainly good for dunks, putbacks. Doesnt even set very good screens.

Towns is easily a better overall player