Author Topic: Latest from Bill Simmons  (Read 22829 times)

Re: Latest from Bill Simmons
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2014, 10:36:05 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
That second tweet scares me.

Danny getting the 8th pick for a role player in Rondo would be the 2nd smartest move he's made in Boston. First obviously being the Nets trade. Rondo is the most overrated player in the NBA period. I'd love to see Boston get Aaron Gordon 8th and pair him up with Embiid.

This could reasonably be seen as proof that you weren't following the nba when Danny traded for Ray and KG and have no idea how they came to be playing in Boston.

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2014, 10:38:01 PM »

Offline ticket18

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
That second tweet scares me.

Danny getting the 8th pick for a role player in Rondo would be the 2nd smartest move he's made in Boston. First obviously being the Nets trade. Rondo is the most overrated player in the NBA period. I'd love to see Boston get Aaron Gordon 8th and pair him up with Embiid.

This could reasonably be seen as proof that you weren't following the nba when Danny traded for Ray and KG and have no idea how they came to be playing in Boston.
[/quote
This thread is ridiculous and gotten too many replies. Clearly trolling

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2014, 10:39:14 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Nobody wants Rondo.
That's why he hasn't been traded yet.

Danny does. That's why he hasn't been traded yet. Anyone who follows the league more than casually has heard plenty of rumors about teams calling Ainge about Rondo.

Rondo is not the player he once was and never will be.

He ranked 29th in PER among point guards this year and 14th the year before that.

You really can't go by PER's the last couple years. When he was 14th, the team wasn't very good at all. And last year he spent half of his time on the court working on his game and getting back into the groove. Which makes sense in a lost season.

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2014, 11:25:38 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Nobody wants Rondo.

Danny does. That's why he hasn't been traded yet. Anyone who follows the league more than casually has heard plenty of rumors about teams calling Ainge about Rondo.

He ranked 29th in PER among point guards this year and 14th the year before that.

...29th in a tanking season where he was coming off an acl injury and sat every other game. Also 'Never will be' Wow! You must be a psychic!! Will I be married in 6 years? Should I buy a new car? How old will I live to be?

You conveniently left out that the Celtics lost the last six games Rondo played when he was healthy, and that he was the 14th ranked point guard in the league before the injury.

And then you insulted me.

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2014, 11:29:41 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
Nobody wants Rondo.

You really can't go by PER's the last couple years. When he was 14th, the team wasn't very good at all. And last year he spent half of his time on the court working on his game and getting back into the groove. Which makes sense in a lost season.

And after "working on his game", Rondo shot 40% from the field, 28% on threes, and 62% from the line while committing over 3 turnovers per game.

Imagine what he would have shot if he hadn't worked on his game.

Plus, he can't defend any more. Sorry guys, Rondo is not the player he once was.

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2014, 11:34:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Nobody wants Rondo.

If you just ignore posters like this - those trying to get a rise out of you - they will go away.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2014, 11:35:48 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Nobody wants Rondo.

And after "working on his game", Rondo shot 40% from the field, 28% on threes, and 62% from the line while committing over 3 turnovers per game.

Plus, he can't defend any more. Sorry guys, Rondo is not the player he once was.

He was coming off of ACL surgery...What did you expect 2005 Steve Nash?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:51:03 PM by Smokeeye123 »

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2014, 11:40:41 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
Nobody wants Rondo.

He was coming off of ACL surgery...What did you expect 2005 Steve Nash?

triboy makes more valid arguments than you.

I quoted Rondo's stats. Numbers don't lie.
If you want to pay Rondo max money to dribble out the 24 second clock before passing to some poor soul who then has to jack up a shot, fine. I would rather have a point guard who can shoot and defend. Rondo can do neither.

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2014, 11:41:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
PER is a bad stat.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2014, 11:42:30 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
Nobody wants Rondo.

If you just ignore posters like this - those trying to get a rise out of you - they will go away.

Not trying to get a rise out of anyone. I have watched pro basketball forty years, and I know my stuff.

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2014, 11:44:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Nobody wants Rondo.

Rondo has flaws in his game, but he's still a darn fine player.  If you surround him without enough talent a tailor a system to his strengths, you could have some success.

I believe a core of Rondo + Melo + Love would be very successful.  They would benefit greatly from having an elite interior defender and probably another capable shooter at SG.

I don't see that happening, though.

I also don't see this Sac trade happening.  Supposedly we pursued this at the trade deadline and it got to a serious enough point that news came out that Rondo refused to re-sign in Sacto... I'm still curious how that information came out unless Boston was actually considering making the trade.  Did Rondo just hear the rumor and have his people make it known ?  Odd.

More likely we'd see Rondo traded to the Kings for Nash's expiring deal and the #7.  The Lakers are a big market team that Rondo probably would re-sign with. 

Rondo + Gay + Cousins would be an interesting team if that ever actually happened, though. 

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2014, 11:45:21 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
PER is a bad stat.

PER is a very good stat.
The top three point guards in PER are Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, and Stephen Curry.

Quite accurate, I'd say.

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2014, 11:47:55 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Numbers dont lie but there is a difference between lying and telling the truth. The couple of stats you plucked to suit your agenda are ones that don't tell the whole truth. Celtics were in tank mode and sat Rondo more than half of the season. Rondo, like I said, was recovering from major reconstructive surgery on his ACL and had little to no time to get into a groove with his new teammates. In addition to this, Rondo is smart and knew winning was not in the best interest of the team last year.

Rondo will be rebounding, and either 1st or 2nd in assists next year and will be back to his former self mark my words. You can not like Rondo and think he is overrated, but to imply that he is a horrible pointguard near the bottom of the league is a joke. At worst he is a top 10 PG. The only ones I count that are better than him are Lilliard, Paul, Curry, and Wall.

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2014, 11:48:29 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
Nobody wants Rondo.

Rondo has flaws in his game, but he's still a darn fine player.  If you surround him without enough talent a tailor a system to his strengths, you could have some success.

I believe a core of Rondo + Melo + Love would be very successful.  They would benefit greatly from having an elite interior defender and probably another capable shooter at SG.

I don't see that happening, though.

I also don't see this Sac trade happening.  Supposedly we pursued this at the trade deadline and it got to a serious enough point that news came out that Rondo refused to re-sign in Sacto... I'm still curious how that information came out unless Boston was actually considering making the trade.  Did Rondo just hear the rumor and have his people make it known ?  Odd.

More likely we'd see Rondo traded to the Kings for Nash's expiring deal and the #7.  The Lakers are a big market team that Rondo probably would re-sign with. 

Rondo + Gay + Cousins would be an interesting team if that ever actually happened, though.

You make a good point. "If you surround Rondo with enough talent, you could have some success." I think that is what happened.

Rondo by himself was never as good as he looked surrounded by three Hall of Famers.
And now that he is old and with a bad knee, he is even worse.

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2014, 11:51:07 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
Numbers dont lie but there is a difference between lying and telling the truth. The couple of stats you plucked to suit your agenda are ones that don't tell the whole truth. Celtics were in tank mode and sat Rondo more than half of the season. Rondo, like I said, was recovering from major reconstructive surgery on his ACL and had little to no time to get into a groove with his new teammates. In addition to this, Rondo is smart and knew winning was not in the best interest of the team last year.

Rondo will be rebounding, and either 1st or 2nd in assists next year and will be back to his former self mark my words. You can not like Rondo and think he is overrated, but to imply that he is a horrible pointguard near the bottom of the league is a joke. At worst he is a top 10 PG. The only ones I count that are better than him are Lilliard, Paul, Curry, and Wall.

Once again you ignore the fact that the Celtics lost the last six games Rondo played when he was healthy and ranked 14th in PER that season playing with Pierce and Garnett.

And once again the insults. I did not lie.