Author Topic: Today in Nets' Disasters: Lawrence Frank Let Go  (Read 20642 times)

Re: Today in Nets' Disasters: Lawrence Frank Let Go
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2013, 12:50:56 PM »

Offline Chris.J

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Just saw this in Nets Daily by poster elksem. Blew my mind about their situation.

This is what happened…
Obvious Prokhorov’s mistakes since he became a principal owner of the NETS:

-   Let Rod Thorn on his way out to Philadelphia to sign FA (Outlaw, Farmer, Morrow, Petro)
-   Used Thorn’s advice to hire Billy King. BK sold to Prokhorov his five year championship plan by using available assets to trade for at least two superstars.
Prokhy liked that and hired BK.

See what happed after that:

-   After several trades BK gave us DWill, KG, PP, JT.

Those four players cost us:

-   2010 #3 pk D. Favors – R. Thorn picked (players available for Nets D.Cousins (Sac), P. George (Ind))
-    2011 #3pk (players available for the Nets K. Thompson (Sac), K. Leonard (SA)

-   2012 #6 pk (players available for the Nets Lillard, (Por), Barnes(GS), Drummon (Det)
-   2013 #16 pk from GS (players available for Nets T.HardawayJr (Knicks)

-   2014 (traded – unprotected) – players available for Nets….?

-   2015 swaped

-   2016 (traded – unprotected) players available for Nets….?

-   2017 swaped

-   2018 (traded – unprotected) players available for Nets….?

« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Just saw this in Nets Daily by poster elksem. Blew my mind about their situation.

This is what happened…
Obvious Prokhorov’s mistakes since he became a principal owner of the NETS:

-   Let Rod Thorn on his way out to Philadelphia to sign FA (Outlaw, Farmer, Morrow, Petro)
-   Used Thorn’s advice to hire Billy King. BK sold to Prokhorov his five year championship plan by using available assets to trade for at least two superstars.
Prokhy liked that and hired BK.

See what happed after that:

-   After several trades BK gave us DWill, KG, PP, JT.

Those four players cost us:

-   2010 #3 pk D. Favors – R. Thorn picked (players available for Nets D.Cousins (Sac), P. George (Ind))
-    2011 #3pk (players available for the Nets K. Thompson (Sac), K. Leonard (SA)

-   2012 #6 pk (players available for the Nets Lillard, (Por), Barnes(GS), Drummon (Det)
-   2013 #16 pk from GS (players available for Nets T.HardawayJr (Knicks)

-   2014 (traded – unprotected) – players available for Nets….?

-   2015 swaped

-   2016 (traded – unprotected) players available for Nets….?

-   2017 swaped

-   2018 (traded – unprotected) players available for Nets….?
On pace to win the lifetime Ted Stepien award for p1sspoor management.  probably be making a new league rule shortly to save them from themselves just like the league did with Cleveland way back in the day

« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2013, 01:30:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This part of the post indicates exactly what's wrong with post-hoc fan draft "analysis". Leonard and Klay Thompson (I assume that's who he means, even though he's in GS and not Sac) were picked 15th and 11th respectively.

Sure, they were "available" at the 3rd spot, but they were also passed on by 8-10 teams. So that discussion is all fine and dandy, but quite pointless, given that the Nets could have easily ended up with someone like Vesely, Tristan Thomspon or Biyombo.

As a matter of fact, I'd argue that they dodged a bullet by getting a sure thing in Deron Williams, rather than trying to read a lottery that looks like more of a crapshoot than the average draft.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:38:05 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Different philosophies?

Like, Frank understands coaching basketball while Kidd does not?

lol....Very well put.