Author Topic: Today in Nets' Disasters: Lawrence Frank Let Go  (Read 20643 times)

Re: Today in Nets' Disasters: Lawrence Frank Let Go
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2013, 12:45:36 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
And Lionel Hollins sits at home, waiting by the phone.

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2013, 09:28:26 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Byron Scott on the Frank vs Kidd breakdown

The first point Byron Scott emphasized — a point he stressed repeatedly — is he was not around the Nets this season and did not know what went on between head coach Jason Kidd and now-exiled assistant Lawrence Frank.

Fair enough. But Scott does know both Kidd and Frank, and the man who coached the Nets to consecutive trips to the NBA Finals was not at all surprised the union between the two barely outlasted the Kim Kardashian-Kris Humphries marriage.

“It does surprise me a little that it happened so quickly,” Scott told The Post, admitting he had not been aware of Tuesday’s bombshell move when Kidd demoted his former lead assistant Frank because of philosophical differences. “But it’s safe to say that I’m not [surprised] it happened at all because of the personalities involved.”

In Kidd and Frank, Scott sees two “very strong-willed” individuals who easily could have a hard time distinguishing the boss-employer relationship.

“When I’m putting a staff together,” said Scott, “the key point of emphasis for me is, ‘I want you to be open and honest, I want your input but at the end of the day, I’m going to do what I think is best.’

“In Jason and Lawrence, I detect two very strong-willed people who don’t back down,” Scott said. “I could easily see maybe Jason getting to the point where he felt Lawrence was over-stepping his bounds.”

NY Post

I just thought it was interesting to read what Scott said about both men that he worked closely with. Interesting to read Scott seeing similarities in their personalities which he thought could cause problems.

Byron Scott also says that he has little to no relationship with Kidd (as expected) but still has a good cordial relationship with Lawrence Frank.

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2013, 01:37:40 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It's possible that Frank got a big head from being given such a big contract for an assistant, but this smells more and more like Kidd really isn't putting the time and effort in that coaching at the NBA level requires and couldn't stand Frank showing him up by doing all that stuff.

Mike

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2013, 01:50:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10112168/jason-kidd-brooklyn-nets-used-13-letter-word-assistant-rant

"Sit the (expletive) down! I'm the coach of this (13-letter word) team! When you're on the bench, don't (expletive) move," Kidd said, according to NBA.com, which did not offer further details of what the 13-letter word was.

My money's on dysfunctional.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2013, 02:54:51 PM »

Offline green tea

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
dysfunctional too big a word for Kidd's vocabulary. 

It's definitely something to do with one's mother, etc.  You get the picture. 

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2013, 03:03:35 PM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
Motherfornicator   :o

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja

nope, nope, nope...too many letters. i counted. maybe "LICKERISHNESS"?? yeah, that has to be it!!!

feel free to use this list to help us find out the answer.  ;D

http://www.becomeawordgameexpert.com/wordlists13.htm
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Jason Kidd always has been, and always will be, a scumbag.  No big surprise here.

Sure, Frank could have over-stepped his bounds, and probably did, but if that is they way Kidd is going to handle his business, he isn't long for this league as a coach.  Let him try that with a super-star player and let's see who wins that battle.

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

nope, nope, nope...too many letters. i counted. maybe "LICKERISHNESS"?? yeah, that has to be it!!!

feel free to use this list to help us find out the answer.  ;D

http://www.becomeawordgameexpert.com/wordlists13.htm

If only it was a fourteen letter word, It could've been "Wafflescarfing."
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2013, 10:25:40 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Things seemed to be coming together for them today. Should be able to ride Lopez and Williams's backs into the playoffs as long as they stay healthy.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2013, 10:36:14 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Things seemed to be coming together for them today. Should be able to ride Lopez and Williams's backs into the playoffs as long as they stay healthy.

Heat and Pacers will bulldozer their ways to their ailing bodies
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2013, 10:55:12 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Hibbert and Lopez are about the only centers with enough size and skill to take advantage of our front line like that.

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2013, 11:35:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Celtics helped th Knicks cause in the playoffs by assuring Kidd will e around a while longer as coach of the Nets.

If Lopez gets hurts ,  the Nets deal falls apart.

He monster size body clogs up the paint ,  and reduces the effectiveness of driving........and discourages players from using the interior to score .

Duncan, Splitter, Marc Gaol,  the other Lopez creature, Hibbert, and Howard,  , Etc......and more have the centers to deal wit each other........we are lost without a big center or a freak like Bill Russell, or Lebron James with crazy athletic ability , size and speed.

Kobe and Wade needed Shaq or Bynum  and Gasol

No big man ....no chance,

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2013, 02:06:07 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I'm sure if somebody discovered that word we'd compulsively burst into tears
Banner 18 please 😍