Author Topic: Parker and Randle studs. Wiggins Meh.  (Read 24558 times)

Re: Parker and Randle studs. Wiggins Meh.
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2013, 12:45:38 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I like Jeff Green.

I root for Jeff Green.

I like rooting for Jeff Green.

He just isn't in the top five at his position in the NBA. Nothing wrong with that.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2013, 12:48:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I like Jeff Green.

I root for Jeff Green.

I like rooting for Jeff Green.

He just isn't in the top five at his position in the NBA. Nothing wrong with that.
Thats fine. Whats crazy imo is we are doing well but ppl are rooting for us to tank and drooling over wiggins

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Come on... bashing Jeff Green has become the new Celticsblog sport or what?

I don't get the connection, but I like Jeff and I like Wiggins a lot. Both are completely different players, maybe it's their quiet and calm demeanor, but nothing else in common.

I'd love to see Jeff doing something like what Wiggins did last night, when he forced the issue to guard Parker even against his coach's opinion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--andrew-wiggins--jabari-parker-deliver-show-to-remember-on-college-basketball-s-center-stage-083834610.html

That kid wanted to win, and IMO he's the best prospect because he's not caring a lot about his stats, but rather doing what's needed to win. Like Bill Russell said, the only stat that matters is who won the game, and that's the kind of player you need on your team. I guess he'd be terrific playing with Rondo, another "stubborn" guy.

I didn't watch the Kansas game, but I caught the MSU vs Kentucky and the Wildcats are loaded with talent, but they better learn Defense if they want to win. Randle is a beast, but the game was never in his hands, it was all MSU.

I don't think the Cs will be lucky enough to get the top pick, but I'd love to have Wiggins, Parker or Randle, in that order.

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Come on... bashing Jeff Green has become the new Celticsblog sport or what?

It's a glorious evening-out.

I'd say that, as a whole, CB is outstanding at properly rating Celtics players, because we incessantly debate about their merits.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2013, 01:19:26 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
When someone advances the idea that with Jeff Green onboard Wiggins is a luxury I'll bash him all the live long day. Same if people think he's a top 6 forward in the league and might make the all-nba team.

« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »

Offline JChu1

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Personally I think a team of Jeff Green and Wiggins with a healthy Rondo for 2014 would be one of the most fun and entertaining teams I have ever seen. You could slide JG to the 4 and slide Wiggins into the 3 with AB at the 2 and assorted 5. It'd be the "run and gun" Celtics with the ability to push the break and the athletic talent to defend the perimeter and on the break. The only issue, I could see with this lineup is if the game moves towards a much bigger style of play, which is not going to happen anytime soon.

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2013, 01:37:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When someone advances the idea that with Jeff Green onboard Wiggins is a luxury I'll bash him all the live long day. Same if people think he's a top 6 forward in the league and might make the all-nba team.

Has jeff green had a full season yet as a sf to show what he can do??

Is he young enough to make thr all nba team??

Does he have the talent?

Just think about it first fafnir b4 making the  assumption that he has no chance. He has to be given a chance first

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2013, 01:40:05 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Personally I think a team of Jeff Green and Wiggins with a healthy Rondo for 2014 would be one of the most fun and entertaining teams I have ever seen. You could slide JG to the 4 and slide Wiggins into the 3 with AB at the 2 and assorted 5. It'd be the "run and gun" Celtics with the ability to push the break and the athletic talent to defend the perimeter and on the break. The only issue, I could see with this lineup is if the game moves towards a much bigger style of play, which is not going to happen anytime soon.

Welcome to CB!

« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2013, 02:10:15 PM »

Offline greenmountain

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
That was a fun night of basketball. 

Randle:  You can't teach his level of offensive aggression.  There aren't many players who can successfully attack when being triple teamed. What's scary is that he can get better if he learns to finish with his right hand more consistently and develops a mid range j to keep defenders off balance.  He needs work defensively, but I think he has the motor that he'll at least try to improve on that end, even if he might always be limited on that end.

Parker:  He really impressed.  Going into the game I had no idea what to expect, since his numbers against Davidson were roughly the same as Sulaimon and Hood.  Against better competition he looked at home, NBA ready, with an array of moves, confidence to drive, and a good jumper. Defensively he used his length well for a couple steals.

Wiggins:  Rarely forces the issue.  Both fluid and explosive as an athlete (we've seen in Gerald Green similar explosion but not the same ease and balance that Wiggins possesses). Solid rebounder, challenges shots, looks to care about defense.  With a consistent  jumper he'll be a force.  With his athleticism, you would expect him to drive more often.

I'd be happy getting any of them next year.  At this point of their seasons, I think picking "the best" comes down to personal preference.

« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2013, 02:19:58 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Well if we're going off 1 game judgements then Perry Ellis is better than Wiggins.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2013, 02:25:05 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I am just catching up on the big duke Kansas game.

Wow! What a draft class this will be! Wiggins, Parker and Randle are the real deal. Any of them are worthy of being a number 1 overall pick. What talent, height, speed, instincts.

I am also becoming intrigued with Joel Embiid. What a frame and agility!  I would not be sad about drafting him in the 4-7 range.

Also i think it is important to note that wiggins athletic game is better suited to the pros over college. In the pros he will have more room to operate. He has so much Tracy Mcgrady to his game.

« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2013, 02:25:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
I am just catching up on the big duke Kansas game.

Wow! What a draft class this will be! Wiggins, Parker and Randle are the real deal. Any of them are worthy of being a number 1 overall pick. What talent, height, speed, instincts.

I am also becoming intrigued with Joel Embiid. What a frame and agility!  I would not be sad about drafting him in the 4-7 range.

Also i think it is important to note that wiggins athletic game is better suited to the pros over college. In the pros he will have more room to operate. He has so much Tracy Mcgrady to his game.

Does he look like he's half asleep on the floor?

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2013, 02:30:53 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Randle is the type of player I just don't see succeeding at the next level. He gives me a Michael Beasley/Derrick Williams vibe, where he's going to dominate the hell out of college basketball, but never be a strong NBA player. He might not be as bad as them, but I wouldn't touch him at the top of the draft.

Wiggins is incredibly gifted, and I still think he's the clear top pick in this draft. When the knock on a player is that he doesn't seem to be trying, more often than not the player just makes everything look easy. The sequence toward the end of the game last night where he hit the shot, then slammed it down after the steal was something special. When he broke down court, nobody was going to stop him, even Parker.

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

Has jeff green had a full season yet as a sf to show what he can do??

Is he young enough to make thr all nba team??

Does he have the talent?

Just think about it first fafnir b4 making the  assumption that he has no chance. He has to be given a chance first

I like Jeff Green. But until he scores 20-25 per game on a playoff level team for an entire season, he doesn't belong in the same conversation as Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony and Paul George. Those are all nba small forwards.

Behind those guys are probably Rudy gay and kawhi Leonard.

Then, I think green is in the mix with Gordon Hayward, luol deng, batum, gallinari, Thaddeus young, Harrison Barnes, and chandler parsons.

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
Randle is the type of player I just don't see succeeding at the next level. He gives me a Michael Beasley/Derrick Williams vibe, where he's going to dominate the hell out of college basketball, but never be a strong NBA player. He might not be as bad as them, but I wouldn't touch him at the top of the draft.

Wiggins is incredibly gifted, and I still think he's the clear top pick in this draft. When the knock on a player is that he doesn't seem to be trying, more often than not the player just makes everything look easy. The sequence toward the end of the game last night where he hit the shot, then slammed it down after the steal was something special. When he broke down court, nobody was going to stop him, even Parker.

I see more guard skills in randle. He looks like Antoine walker or billy Owens, but with the inside scoring determination that you wished other versatile big guys like that had. He has a great feel for the game already.