Author Topic: Parker and Randle studs. Wiggins Meh.  (Read 24557 times)

Re: Parker and Randle studs. Wiggins Meh.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 08:24:37 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
A team cant go wrong with any 3..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 08:36:01 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
So many amateur scouts.

Hmm...

Hmmm?

I know I am one was well.  But what I can see is a guy absolutely fly down the court and have a blinding quick firsts step.  That all matters.  Athletes thrive in the NBA more than they do in college.

If only that principal had applied to Kedrick Brown...

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 08:41:37 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
After watching those games tonight it just confirmed for me that the C's need to land a high lottery pick.  The league hasn't seen this type of high end talent enter the league in a long time.  When I say high end talent, I mean 4 or 5 guys that could easily go number 1 in any other year.  Even the late lottery picks are solid, Young, Selden etc....Right now Parker is probably the better basketball player but Wiggins just does things that can't be taught. 

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
These guys are not ready except maybe randle.

Wiggins is a toothpick and needs to stay for another year. Also like many have said too passive still for a number 1 potential pick. Ellis and selden played big games also, so it wasnt all wiggins

Parker was the better offensive player. Inside outside game. But his defense is ways away. His body at this pt is going to struggle in the nba. He has the frame of a pf but skills of a sf. Which is a good and a bad thing (like derrick williams)

Randle is a beast. A quicker, more athletic jared sullnger. He is aggressive and strong

Outside of these guys there will be several other diamonds in the rough.celtics worse case will still draft someone good. In danny we trust

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 09:31:38 AM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wiggins took 15 shots and 6 free throws in 25 minutes. He didn't look too passive to me, he just didn't start with the ball and look to create a shot as much as Parker.

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
completely agree, since when did 22 and 8 become passive? Or nailing a step back jumper or a dunk on a three point play to ice the game? I feel bad for him because people are going to be critical of him because he isn't Lebron...but he is pretty [dang] good and the best prospect we have seen in college hoops in a while...

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 09:37:46 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
So many amateur scouts.

Hmm...

Hmmm?

I know I am one was well.  But what I can see is a guy absolutely fly down the court and have a blinding quick firsts step.  That all matters.  Athletes thrive in the NBA more than they do in college.

If only that principal had applied to Kedrick Brown...

There are obvious failures in the past.  But this guy can play.  To compare him to Parker, yes he doesn't look that polished, but Parker is one of the more polished offensive college players I've seen.  He is like Durant-Melo level.

Wiggins is no slouch.  But I can't remember seeing an athlete this eye opening since Rose, and Wiggins is bigger.  His quickness and speed overall is top shelf.

Wiggins took 15 shots and 6 free throws in 25 minutes. He didn't look too passive to me, he just didn't start with the ball and look to create a shot as much as Parker.

Exactly.  A lot around the rim.  In addition he was posting up a lot and Kansas really couldn't find him when he was getting a great seal.

If this guy plays 2 in the NBA he will be a matchup nightmare, posting up small twos whenever he can.  And the spacing will be better, PGs will be able to find him for baskets off cuts, he will get in transition more.  He is very much one of those players that is more made for an NBA game than a college one.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 09:48:58 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Jeff green vs wiggins

So why is wiggins better for the celts again?

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
What impressed me about Wiggins was that he was able to score within the flow of the game. He didn't force anything out there and was able to get 22 points even with the early foul troubles and not getting nearly as many touches. Yes, Parker does look a lot more polished right now, but I think Wiggins will eventually be the better player.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 09:50:27 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
Wiggins is 19 years old, he a better defender, better athlete and Jeff Green can only dream of being the type of prospect Wiggins is.  There is a reason the scouts etc...are calling him the best prospect since Lebron...

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 09:52:38 AM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I think Wiggins will eventually be the better player.
Me too, ability to be a defensive game changer as well as a monster on offense.

Definitely would be very excited to get any of the three players this thread is about. Sadly even if we're a bad team its likely we won't get any of the three, only the worst team in the leagues average outcome is a top 3 pick.

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 10:04:46 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

I felt Parker forced it quite a bit in the second half. You could tell he wanted to go out there and prove himself. Wiggins was playing team ball and played within the flow of the game.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Wiggins is 19 years old, he a better defender, better athlete and Jeff Green can only dream of being the type of prospect Wiggins is.  There is a reason the scouts etc...are calling him the best prospect since Lebron...

Really better defender, athlete? Green has 7'1 wingspan and 40 inch max vert. I doubt wiggins can match these measurements

Wiggins might run faster and a little more slicker now but lets see how he will be affected by putting on pounds.

The better defender part is false also. Green is an excellent nba defender

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 10:12:18 AM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Really better defender, athlete? Green has 7'1 wingspan and 40 inch max vert. I doubt wiggins can match these measurements
I'd be shocked if Wiggins doesn't exceed Green's combine measurements by significant margins. Even beyond his vert and no step, his second jump and quickness are extraordinary in game.

I also think Green is pretty average defensively. Solid, but not a remarkable one on one or team defender.

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
why do people love Jeff Green?  Wiggins is 6'8 with a 6'11 wing span.  He is already quicker, faster and a better leaper than Jeff Green and he is 18 years old.  Wait until the combine, Wiggins will break records, he is a once in a generation type of athlete.  Like the other guy said, they are saying his second jump is the best some scouts have ever seen...