Author Topic: CB Draft Finals: (1) Mavericks vs. (1) Bulls  (Read 58220 times)

Re: CB Draft Finals: (1) Mavericks vs. (1) Bulls
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

So are you willing to acknowledge Jennings/?Lebron/Illy/Noah is a championship team?

You know I was actually thinking GC/Lucky's team from 2009 with

Lebron James, Marc Gasol, Andrew Varejao, Aaron Afflalo, Ty Lawson, Kirk Hinrich, Jason Richardson, Charlie Villanueva,  Jeff Foster, Sebastian Telfair, Dominic McGuire, Darrell Arthur, Damien Wilkins,  Trenton Hassell, Joel Antony

But you're right your 2010 LeBron team was pretty good too, though maybe the worst of the bunch

« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Weeeelp i'm laying low tonight (a combination of work, a party tomorrow, a trip next weekend, and just general lameness) so my plan is going to be get as many more beers in me in the next 2 hours as I can and then stumble onto this site and submit a vote.

Right now I'm leaning Portland or Lakers but my mind isn't made up. Have at is, Hoss'

I think Dallas and Chicago are the two most talented teams in the league.

I think that, H2H, the Lakers would have beat Chicago, and Portland would have, too.  I think Lakers vs. Mavericks would have been epic.  They were the team that caused us the most matchup problems in my mind.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2012, 10:11:28 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I just want everyone to know that next year with the first pick in the draft we will take: Novakaine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnZmdQzlPkI

« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Weeeelp i'm laying low tonight (a combination of work, a party tomorrow, a trip next weekend, and just general lameness) so my plan is going to be get as many more beers in me in the next 2 hours as I can and then stumble onto this site and submit a vote.

Right now I'm leaning Portland or Lakers but my mind isn't made up. Have at is, Hoss'

I think that, H2H, the Lakers would have beat Chicago, and Portland would have, too.  I think Lakers vs. Mavericks would have been epic.  They were the team that caused us the most matchup problems in my mind.

This was going to be my argument, just days after the gold medal game:

LeBron is a great power forward, provided he doesn't have to play against a front court with two offensively talented and flexible big men. Like the problems he had against the Super Gasol Brothers in the Gold Medal game, he would have the same issues against us except we're a better overall team than the spanish national team and the Mavs are a serious step down from team USA.

« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2012, 10:26:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

LeBron is a great power forward, provided he doesn't have to play against a front court with two offensively talented and flexible big men. Like the problems he had against the Super Gasol Brothers in the Gold Medal game, he would have the same issues against us except we're a better overall team than the spanish national team and the Mavs are a serious step down from team USA.

At the same time:

Lebron shot 8-for-13;

He hit the back-breaking three down the stretch;

Gasol/Gasol is a bigger and more talented front line than Aldridge/Horford.

One of the arguments that I was waiting to trot out is that the Grizzlies are actually a better team with Rudy Gay on the bench than when he's on the floor.  That showed in the plus/minus stats this year, and it showed in the playoffs last year, when the Griz looked great when Gay was injured.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

My response to the Lakers/Mavs series would've been:

Too many American flags and memes. Didn't read.

I think Roy built a great team around Lebron, my only complaint (and saving grace) is that I think be shot his wad (in revolutionary war terms) too early on Irving and didn't secure the right second star. I acquired Holiday in large part because he's shown he could limit Kyrie Irving, and I saw this matchup coming as soon as I acquired Pierce.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2012, 10:32:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I think Roy built a great team around Lebron, my only complaint (and saving grace) is that I think be shot his wad (in revolutionary war terms) too early on Irving and didn't secure the right second star. I acquired Holiday in large part because he's shown he could limit Kyrie Irving, and I saw this matchup coming as soon as I acquired Pierce.

Kyrie Irving is significantly better than Jrue Holiday.  People who disagree are either easily fooled, or are arguing in the CB Draft Finals. ;)

I mean, seriously?  A two-game sample size when Irving barely played?  You don't give the voters a whole lot of credit by running that weak argument out there.

Kyrie Irving is going to be a top-15 player next season.  In terms of his efficiency, his clutchness, his ball-handling ability, and his swagger, I don't think there's a better point guard in the entire NBA to place beside Lebron.

« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2012, 10:32:54 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Where do I vote?

I'm sold with Dallas.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Where do I vote?

I'm sold with Dallas.

PM to CB Draft Voting.

« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2012, 10:35:53 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
I really dont care who wins as i think both of these guys are geniuses and both made a great team, and well since they both voted for my team in my series i know i should have won that one :D

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

At the same time:

Lebron shot 8-for-13;

He hit the back-breaking three down the stretch;

Gasol/Gasol is a bigger and more talented front line than Aldridge/Horford.

One of the arguments that I was waiting to trot out is that the Grizzlies are actually a better team with Rudy Gay on the bench than when he's on the floor.  That showed in the plus/minus stats this year, and it showed in the playoffs last year, when the Griz looked great when Gay was injured.

Roy, you were going to come at me with Grizzlies stats, you know better than that.

8-13 while getting trucked on the other end by the Gasols. And at this point, I'm not sure the gasol's are better than LaMarcus and Horford.

As far as Gay goes, they were playing better last year when OJ went to the bench before Rudy got hurt. As for the plus minus, it's .4, not exactly drastic. To me it means they played a buncha blow outs.

But if your hopes were hinging on defaming ( :P ) our third-- and IP would say fourth) best player, then I would have liked our chances in that series.

« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Kyrie Irving is significantly better than Jrue Holiday.  People who disagree are either easily fooled, or are arguing in the CB Draft Finals. ;)

I mean, seriously?  A two-game sample size when Irving barely played?  You don't give the voters a whole lot of credit by running that weak argument out there.

Kyrie Irving is going to be a top-15 player next season.  In terms of his efficiency, his clutchness, his ball-handling ability, and his swagger, I don't think there's a better point guard in the entire NBA to place beside Lebron.

- said Danny Ferry in 2009, about Mo Williams.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Funny guy.  I think you meant to say "said IndeedProceed, about Travis Outlaw".

I remember being told a team of Andris Biedrins / Al Jefferson / Travis Outlaw / Nate Robinson was going to be the next great dynasty.  I remember being sold Kyle Lowry and Ersan Ilyasova as the NBA's next stars.

In other words, don't believe everything you read, folks.

« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2012, 10:56:23 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Kyle Lowry and Ilyasova are good players, and i think you are selling Kyrie way too much, Tyreke had a great rookie season and look at him now, he is definetly not the Kings franchise player
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:04:40 PM by ronaldo943 »

« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2012, 10:57:15 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Funny guy.  I think you meant to say "said IndeedProceed, about Travis Outlaw".

I remember being told a team of Andris Biedrins / Al Jefferson / Travis Outlaw / Nate Robinson was going to be the next great dynasty.  I remember being sold Kyle Lowry and Ersan Ilyasova as the NBA's next stars.

In other words, don't believe everything you read, folks.

Carlos Boozer, Post defense maven.