Author Topic: Tim Tebow to the Jets  (Read 30123 times)

Re: TIm Tebow to the Jets
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 01:39:49 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I'm guessing Ryan won't make it through half the season if they start the way they ended last season.  I doubt that management will tolerate the dysfunction again.

Tebow might add something...But it won't be dysfunction.  It's already there.

Ryan seems to thrive on dysfunction...But it's a lot easier to tolerate when you're winning.

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Mark Sanchez is the better QB, IMO.

Tebow is the better Fantasy producer.

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
And I thought there was no way I could possibly hate Tebow more...

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 01:48:52 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I'm guessing Ryan won't make it through half the season if they start the way they ended last season.  I doubt that management will tolerate the dysfunction again.

Ryan seems to thrive on dysfunction...But it's a lot easier to tolerate when you're winning.

You don't think adding a QB who was the starter on a team that won a playoff game last year, and who has a lot of fans who will want him to start, to a team with a fragile starting QB position already won't cause more dysfunction?

As the old saying goes, if you have 2 QBs, you have 0 QBs.  It is going to be a bigger circus than ever this year, and by bringing in a guy like Tebow, who is not good enough to clearly take Sanchez' position, but is good enough to make him uncomfortable, will just be another distraction for a team that needs stability if they want to get to the next level.

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 01:50:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I guess they're going to a more gimick based offense, or at least run based with the Wildcat.

If they play him at TE/FB/QB (in Wildcat snaps) I guess it can work. But I don't think that's a good offense to run in today's NFL, you have to score points with the way the rules are currently.

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 01:56:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

You don't think adding a QB who was the starter on a team that won a playoff game last year, and who has a lot of fans who will want him to start, to a team with a fragile starting QB position already won't cause more dysfunction?

As the old saying goes, if you have 2 QBs, you have 0 QBs.  It is going to be a bigger circus than ever this year, and by bringing in a guy like Tebow, who is not good enough to clearly take Sanchez' position, but is good enough to make him uncomfortable, will just be another distraction for a team that needs stability if they want to get to the next level.
Of yeah its going to be a circus for the Jets again, this just adds to the madness.

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Tebow I think is Rex Ryan basically saying to Mark Sanchez "get better or move over."

Football wise, on certain packages I think it's great. I just don't know hat happens in the locker room.

Can't wait to here Stephen A.'s reaction to this.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 01:58:39 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Hope he plays against the pats, ill take Sanchez over Tebow.

PATS PATS PATS!!

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1648
  • What a Pub Should Be
Im not the biggest NFL fan, but isnt Tebow supposed to be good?
4th Round pick? It really sounds like the Jets stole him from Denver?

Most NFL pundits thought the market for Tebow was somewhere in the 4th-5th round pick range. 

I thought it was accurate.

Especially with Denver being a motivated seller. Denver knew better than to draw this out.

I mean, the only thing you have to wonder is, whether or not a more desperate team (cough...Jacksonville...cough) would've offered up even more if given a little more time.

Still a 4th rounder isn't bad compensation on Denver's part.

ITs a 4th and a 6th for Tebow and a 7th.

Roy and Fafnir both say Denver should've got more value for Tebow, but as long as you get your guy its all that matters.

See, I pretty much toss out the 6th and 7th rounders.  Don't see much value in either of those. 

I'm not really sure they could've gotten anymore value for Tebow.   I really think this is a pretty accurate price for the guy at this point.  I think the majority of football personal around the league would agree with this and perhaps even think the Jets overpaid for the guy.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Oh man this is great, can we get HBO to go back to Jet practices???

Seriously though, the very FIRST time Sanchez struggles in a series (nevermind a game) there are going to be fans wondering out loud what Tebow would've done.  And i can see that starting in preseason.

Why don't the Jets focus on trying to land a running back that can take some pressure off Sanchez?? - Greene has done nothing so far in his career.  Focus on getting a reciever that doesn't have an attitude problem or has served jail time.  This franchise is a joke and i love it.

Go Pats!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Unspoken story - The Jaguars must be trying to move out of Jacksonville.

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 02:31:50 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
Antonio Cromartie - Twitter

Y bring Tebow in when we need to bring in more Weapons for @Mark_Sanchez let's build the team around him. We already signed to 3 year ext.

It begins already.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 02:32:47 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
This is just delightful. This could be the worst QB battle in the history of QB battles.

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 02:36:38 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1648
  • What a Pub Should Be
Unspoken story - The Jaguars must be trying to move out of Jacksonville.

That organization is in serious trouble.

If it wasn't for the world's worst lease agreement, they'd probably be in LA already.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 02:40:01 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
John Elway & the Broncos are chicken-poop! Im sure Jacksonville gave them a better offer but they don't want Tim to come back & make them look like fools by playing well & turning JAX around. And they know he won't start for the Jets being they just gave Sanchez 40 million. They did this to screw Tebow & I don't understand that when he is a great kid! Mark Sanchez & the Jets locker room is not where you learn, if Tebow wanted to go that route he could have just stayed in Denver & learned behind Peyton.