Author Topic: CB Draft Western Conference Finals: Kings (1) Vs Blazers (2)  (Read 32447 times)

Re: CB Draft Western Conference Finals: Kings (1) Vs Blazers (2)
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Im not claiming Chandler is going to be our go to scorer IP.  Im just claiming that in this series Chandler will limit Boguts ability to be your secondary scorer

A) He's not my secondary scorer.

B) In the last 2 years, Chandler has done that once out of 3 games. If Chandler can do that once out of 3 games here, I'm happy with Bogut scoring 20 points on 64% shooting in those other two games (which is you know...what happened).

In their 9 career matchups Chandler is averaging 1.5 less points on a better shooting percentage while averaging 1 more rebound.  I will take that

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chandty01&p2=bogutan01
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2011, 01:52:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
You see Rondo, the whole point here is to get the ball in Amare's hands, because as Who is saying, "Millsap is a poor man-on-man defender".

Kinda like your whole point is to get the ball in LeBron's hands, except Carlos Delfino is not, in fact, a poor man-on-man defender.

Im not claiming Chandler is going to be our go to scorer IP.  Im just claiming that in this series Chandler will limit Boguts ability to be your secondary scorer

B) In the last 2 years, Chandler has done that once out of 3 games. If Chandler can do that once out of 3 games here, I'm happy with Bogut scoring 20 points on 64% shooting in those other two games (which is you know...what happened).

In their 9 career matchups Chandler is averaging 1.5 less points on a better shooting percentage while averaging 1 more rebound.  I will take that

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chandty01&p2=bogutan01

Right. And how many of those matchups were in the last 3 calender years?

Because unless my eyes are mistaken, you're pointing at Chandler's production while Bogut was 23 or less and pretending like he could do it today.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Im not claiming Chandler is going to be our go to scorer IP.  Im just claiming that in this series Chandler will limit Boguts ability to be your secondary scorer

Who is your secondary scorer?

Kyle Lowry or James Harden, depending on how well Matthews holds up.

Either guy is good enough with the ball in their hands to take advantage of their matchup. Harden with his skill, Lowry with his speed. Either one should do well in a pick and roll setting with Amar'e.  

Matthews and harden had virtually the same offensive stats in the playoffs this year with Mathews shooting better from 3 point range.  

Billups and Jennings have outplayed Lowry both in their head to head matchups and Billups played better than Lowry for their full season.  I am not worried about either of your secondary scorers
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Either guy is good enough with the ball in their hands to take advantage of their matchup. Harden with his skill, Lowry with his speed. Either one should do well in a pick and roll setting with Amar'e. 

Matthews and harden had virtually the same offensive stats in the playoffs this year with Mathews shooting better from 3 point range. 

Billups and Jennings have outplayed Lowry both in their head to head matchups and Billups played better than Lowry for their full season.  I am not worried about either of your secondary scorers

That's fine. You know, I haven't even looked at Brandon Jennings' H2H stats, because we both know he's a non-factor. And you can talk about Billups all you want.. I know who he is, and I know who Lowry is, and Lowry has passed him at virtually ever aspect of the game, excepting clutch shooting. For me, its a non-starter.

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2011, 01:56:37 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
You see Rondo, the whole point here is to get the ball in Amare's hands, because as Who is saying, "Millsap is a poor man-on-man defender".

Kinda like your whole point is to get the ball in LeBron's hands, except Carlos Delfino is not, in fact, a poor man-on-man defender.

Right. And how many of those matchups were in the last 3 calender years?

Because unless my eyes are mistaken, you're pointing at Chandler's production while Bogut was 23 or less and pretending like he could do it today.

Im trying to look at a body of work and not cherrypick stats, they are all relevant to me.  However if it looks like Bogut is getting into a rythem we will just put in Jeffries or Nazr, and take bogut out of his rythem and force the 44% free throw shooter to beat us at the line

« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2011, 01:57:08 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Billups and Jennings have outplayed Lowry both in their head to head matchups and Billups played better than Lowry for their full season.  I am not worried about either of your secondary scorers

That's fine. You know, I haven't even looked at Brandon Jennings' H2H stats, because we both know he's a non-factor. And you can talk about Billups all you want.. I know who he is, and I know who Lowry is, and Lowry has passed him at virtually ever aspect of the game, excepting clutch shooting. For me, its a non-starter.

You are the only person here who thinks Lowry is better than Billups

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2011, 01:59:45 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
I also said earlier that Millsap is a fine matchup in isolations against Amare. He has enough quickness and defensive ability to defend Amare's face up game well enough.

The problem for Millsap is going to be when Amare makes the catch on the move because anytime he is below 15 feet and heading to the basket ... Millsap simply cannot recover. Amare is too big, too powerful and too explosive athletically for Millsap to stop.

You gotta get Amare the ball on the move. It's going to be about your team's ball movement. Their ability to force the defense to help and to attack that open space. Let Amare find the holes and work them.

If your offense doesn't create that and it resorts to isolations with Amare against Millsap, I think the Kings defense handles that fairly well.

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2011, 02:04:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
I have Portland with matchup advantages at the two and four. Sacramento at the one and three.

Not convinced Bogut has an advantage over Tyson Chandler. He'll probably go off in one game (maybe two) and have an advantage over Tyson in that one contest ... but the rest of the time, I see it being largely neutral.

I think the Kings defensively can maintain their defensive pressure better throughout 48 minutes than Portland can. I am a fan of Boris Diaw's defense and Millsap's defense. I think they are a capable duo against a smaller Blazers frontcourt with Amare + one of D.Williams/Jerebko/Tolliver ... whereas I think the Blazers really struggle (defensively) without Bogut on the court.

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2011, 02:08:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
And looking at their performances this year:

Billups averaged against Lowry as a starter: 11pts, 1.6 asts, 2 rebs, 1 stl, 52.6% shooting in 22 minuts.

Lowry averaged: 13pts, 2.3 steals, 5.3 assists, 4.7 rebs, and 30% shooting.

And, every single one of these games were before the Aaron Brooks trade, where Lowry really picked up.

As a starter, Lowry went 2-1 against Billups-led teams this year.

I shouldn't be the only one who thinks Lowry is better. Unless I was the only one paying attention this year.  

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2011, 02:09:40 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Well can we worry about Billups declining speed, poor shot selection, and degrading body?

Billups this past season

16.8 ppg  2.6 rpg  5.4 apg 1 spg .427 fg%  .402 3pt%  on 11 fg pg

Lowry

13.5 ppg  4.1 rpg  6.7 apg 1.4 spg .426fg% .376 3pt% on 10.8 fg pg

So if Billups has bad shot selection i guess that makes sense why he is shooting .427 from the field, whats Lowry,s excuse?   Bad shooter?

« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Well can we worry about Billups declining speed, poor shot selection, and degrading body?

Billups this past season

Lowry

So if Billups has bad shot selection i guess that makes sense why he is shooting .427 from the field, whats Lowry,s excuse?   Bad shooter?

Can Billups be that type of player if the ball is in Lebron's hand? 

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2011, 02:11:19 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Billups this past season

Lowry

Did you see the other post I had after that?

Because Lowry really improved on those numbers once he was allowed the keys to the truck.

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2011, 02:14:55 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Billups this past season

Lowry

I think if Mo Williams could put up those types of numbers on a Lebron team Chauncey will be able to so as well.

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2011, 02:16:13 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
for both teams....
i can assess players and read about your schemes/strategies. i am one of the only people i have seen that consistently factors coaching into each vote i make.  make a case for why your coach is better than the other.

for the kings...
how does lawrence frank manage lbj if he is "choking", appears to be giving up, and his "diva" moments.

thanks in advance

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Billups this past season

Lowry

I think if Mo Williams could put up those types of numbers on a Lebron team Chauncey will be able to so as well.

So you see Billups as Mo Williams?