Author Topic: Hinrich & Deng on block  (Read 6329 times)

Re: Hinrich & Deng on block
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 10:15:15 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Chicago is on the hook for $31.9 million next season, with the cap set at $54ish.

If Lebron/Bosh signs for $20 in his first season there, that leaves them $2-$3 under the cap, without an MLE or starting shooting guard.

If we (or anyone) sent them a package of Ray, Daniels and Sheed (for example) at a combined salary of $16.3 million they would have a starting shooting guard, some bench depth, and close to $7 million under the cap.

By the way, Deng just turned 25. Six months younger than Perk, 10 months older than Rondo, and an excellent defender.
Sign and trade players have to be traded by themselves, and not as a part of a package.

Are you sure about this?  Wasn't Keith Van Horn signed-and-traded in the Jason Kidd deal as part of a package?
Time to check Coon.

For two months after receiving the player in trade or claiming him off waivers, if the player is being traded in combination with other players. However, the team is free to trade the player by himself (not packaged with other players) immediately. This restriction applies only to teams over the salary cap. (Also see question number 74 for a special case where players can be traded together in less than two months.)

That's the only restriction I found about not combining players in a deal, nothing about S&T having to go solo.

Yeah, I didn't think there was a restriction.  I was correct about KVH:

Keith Van Horn has agreed to terms on a sign-and-trade with the Dallas Mavericks, SI.com has confirmed. Van Horn will be sent to New Jersey along with guard Devin Harris, swingmen Trenton Hassell and Maurice Ager, center DeSagana Diop, two first-round picks and cash considerations in exchange for Kidd and forward Malik Allen.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Hinrich & Deng on block
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 01:31:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Chicago is on the hook for $31.9 million next season, with the cap set at $54ish.

If Lebron/Bosh signs for $20 in his first season there, that leaves them $2-$3 under the cap, without an MLE or starting shooting guard.

If we (or anyone) sent them a package of Ray, Daniels and Sheed (for example) at a combined salary of $16.3 million they would have a starting shooting guard, some bench depth, and close to $7 million under the cap.

By the way, Deng just turned 25. Six months younger than Perk, 10 months older than Rondo, and an excellent defender.
Sign and trade players have to be traded by themselves, and not as a part of a package.

Are you sure about this?  Wasn't Keith Van Horn signed-and-traded in the Jason Kidd deal as part of a package?
Time to check Coon.

For two months after receiving the player in trade or claiming him off waivers, if the player is being traded in combination with other players. However, the team is free to trade the player by himself (not packaged with other players) immediately. This restriction applies only to teams over the salary cap. (Also see question number 74 for a special case where players can be traded together in less than two months.)

That's the only restriction I found about not combining players in a deal, nothing about S&T having to go solo.

Yeah, I didn't think there was a restriction.  I was correct about KVH:

Keith Van Horn has agreed to terms on a sign-and-trade with the Dallas Mavericks, SI.com has confirmed. Van Horn will be sent to New Jersey along with guard Devin Harris, swingmen Trenton Hassell and Maurice Ager, center DeSagana Diop, two first-round picks and cash considerations in exchange for Kidd and forward Malik Allen.
TP to the King of Salary Cap for once again coming through with the research and correct answer.

I don't think people appreciate just how much you bring to the overall basketball intelligence of this blog with your unbelievable knowledge of the NBA CBA and salary cap.

Thanks Roy!!