Author Topic: "We DO/DON'T Want Allen Iverson" Thread (merged)  (Read 104098 times)

Re: Why not the G.O.A.T Allen Iverson?
« Reply #615 on: October 12, 2012, 10:46:29 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I am sure,that if he worked a little bit harder and took care of himself better he would still be playing good ball, and a few years better he would have been better than Jordan.
::)

Really?

Jordan was the best offensive and defensive player on the court whenever he stepped on a court.

Jordan could shut down three different positions(SF, SG, PG) on the court his defense was so good. Iverson could barelt guard PGs adequately.

Iverson could never have reached the levels of play that Jordan did. Ever.

Yes, really.. You can't really use the defensive argument cause AI is 6'0.. He was never an average defender, he led the league in steals for 3 straight years.
As stated by wdleehi, Iverson was a horrid defend that slacked off of his man and played the passing lanes hoping for steals to pad his stats. He was an awful, on the ball defender, a bad pick and roll defender and could easily get posted up by bigger players.

And size doesn't matter. Rondo is small and a great defender, when he sets his mind to it. Chris Paul is an exceptional defender and the same size as Iverson. many small guys have been such good defenders they could guard the PG or SG positions at an elite level. Iverson couldn't guard either position at even an adequate level.

And that was in his prime.

The notion Iverson could ever have been as good as Jordan is patently ridiculous.

« Reply #616 on: October 12, 2012, 11:05:34 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

I am sure,that if he worked a little bit harder and took care of himself better he would still be playing good ball, and a few years better he would have been better than Jordan.
::)

Really?

Jordan was the best offensive and defensive player on the court whenever he stepped on a court.

Jordan could shut down three different positions(SF, SG, PG) on the court his defense was so good. Iverson could barelt guard PGs adequately.

Iverson could never have reached the levels of play that Jordan did. Ever.

Yes, really.. You can't really use the defensive argument cause AI is 6'0.. He was never an average defender, he led the league in steals for 3 straight years.
As stated by wdleehi, Iverson was a horrid defend that slacked off of his man and played the passing lanes hoping for steals to pad his stats. He was an awful, on the ball defender, a bad pick and roll defender and could easily get posted up by bigger players.

And size doesn't matter. Rondo is small and a great defender, when he sets his mind to it. Chris Paul is an exceptional defender and the same size as Iverson. many small guys have been such good defenders they could guard the PG or SG positions at an elite level. Iverson couldn't guard either position at even an adequate level.

And that was in his prime.

The notion Iverson could ever have been as good as Jordan is patently ridiculous.
What's the difference between Chris Paul camping in the passing lanes and AI?  Chris Paul is a little better at keeping his man in front of him (don't know the stats) but each one's biggest contribution on defense is the same.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #617 on: October 12, 2012, 11:05:44 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
AI is washed dawg rofl he was an icon for my childhood as most of us modeled our games after dude
why would anyone model their game after this selfish, volume-chucker?

Then tell the kids to stop looking up to Kobe

Re: "We DO/DON'T Want Allen Iverson" Thread (merged)
« Reply #618 on: October 12, 2012, 05:11:57 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Okay.

I give in, sign him, play him, watch him do his thing, then watch him get waved.

Just do it Danny!

I'm sick of arguing about this guy. Idc if he's awful, just SIGN HIM so everyone will cease to speak his name in relation to the Celtics.

And while you're at it, trade for Gerald Green, Josh Smith, go back in time and trade for Dwight Howard, sign Reggie Miller, sign Reggie Jackson, sign Tony Gaffney, Stephane Lasme, sign Ryan Gomes, sign Gilbert Arenas; Hell, why not sign me? I'm rehabbing a torn meniscus, but hey, just sign Leon Powe and we'll battle it out for the last roster spot.

Tell me why we shouldn't.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

Re: "We DO/DON'T Want Allen Iverson" Thread (merged)
« Reply #619 on: October 12, 2012, 06:15:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
These days my friend Allen Iverson plays like stuff.