Author Topic: Lebron James Smoked Marijuanna (in HS)  (Read 15412 times)

Re: Lebron James Smoked Marijuanna (in HS)
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
The bigger story is that he probably does steroids or HGH now. 

If that ever comes out as a story, sure.

I'm not one for assassinating a man's character on assumptions.

That's not to say he doesn't (or didn't) but naive as it is, i still believe your innocent until proven otherwise.
If LeBron didn't want to be speculated about publicly, she shouldn't have or wouldn't have signed up to be in the NBA. 
But LeBron isn't the one complaining about a completely blind accusation. So this sentence is not really apt.

I do think any athlete should expect some sort of PED rumor now a days, but that doesn't mean we should just nod our heads when people just spout off random accusations.

True.  But similarly, I don't think people need to defend professional athletes either.  There's far too many people in the world who actually need someone to stick up for them to waste time defending a professional athlete making tens of millions of dollars per year.  

How is affording someone the benefit of the doubt when no proof, or indeed any credible accusation "sticking up" for them?

It's kinda what our entire justice system and American ideals are based on...That pesky innocent until proven guilty thing.

You're probably right.  It just irks me that anyone wants to stand up for the character of professional athletes.  As far as I'm concerned, if they want to get paid tens of millions of dollars and teams can charge us hundreds of dollars for tickets, if I want to call LeBron a serial killer, I should be able to. 
You are able to do just that. Doesn't mean we can't point out that your claim is full of crap.

Maybe.  However, you can't prove he isn't either of those things either.  That's what irks me.  It isn't, "I don't think he uses PEDs," it's "I'm not one for assassinating a man's character on assumptions."  

My only gripe is who cares if we're assassinating a professional athlete's character, particularly one on a rival team?  

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2009, 05:31:47 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The bigger story is that he probably does steroids or HGH now. 

If that ever comes out as a story, sure.

I'm not one for assassinating a man's character on assumptions.

That's not to say he doesn't (or didn't) but naive as it is, i still believe your innocent until proven otherwise.
If LeBron didn't want to be speculated about publicly, she shouldn't have or wouldn't have signed up to be in the NBA. 
But LeBron isn't the one complaining about a completely blind accusation. So this sentence is not really apt.

I do think any athlete should expect some sort of PED rumor now a days, but that doesn't mean we should just nod our heads when people just spout off random accusations.

True.  But similarly, I don't think people need to defend professional athletes either.  There's far too many people in the world who actually need someone to stick up for them to waste time defending a professional athlete making tens of millions of dollars per year.  

How is affording someone the benefit of the doubt when no proof, or indeed any credible accusation "sticking up" for them?

It's kinda what our entire justice system and American ideals are based on...That pesky innocent until proven guilty thing.

You're probably right.  It just irks me that anyone wants to stand up for the character of professional athletes.  As far as I'm concerned, if they want to get paid tens of millions of dollars and teams can charge us hundreds of dollars for tickets, if I want to call LeBron a serial killer, I should be able to. 
You are able to do just that. Doesn't mean we can't point out that your claim is full of crap.

Maybe.  However, you can't prove he isn't either of those things either.  That's what irks me.  It isn't, "I don't think he uses PEDs," it's "I'm not one for assassinating a man's character on assumptions."  

My only gripe is who cares if we're assassinating a professional athlete's character, particularly one on a rival team?  
So I'm supposed to prove a negative?  ::)

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2009, 01:21:00 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
This is a good PR move by Lebron too.  It makes him look better when he says something now.  If it was to be found out by somebody else and the story broke, it could be one of those overhyped Sportscenter story.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2009, 01:22:43 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
biggest non story of all time.....whats next he had premarital relations?
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2009, 04:29:06 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i got 5 on it!!!!

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2009, 07:27:49 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
LeBron and I have something in common after all.

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
biggest non story of all time.....whats next he had premarital relations?
I think people already figured that out since he's a father.