Author Topic: Lebron James Smoked Marijuanna (in HS)  (Read 15410 times)

Re: Lebron James Smoked Marijuanna (in HS)
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 09:43:27 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
The bigger story is that he probably does steroids or HGH now. 

If that ever comes out as a story, sure.

I'm not one for assassinating a man's character on assumptions.

That's not to say he doesn't (or didn't) but naive as it is, i still believe your innocent until proven otherwise.
If LeBron didn't want to be speculated about publicly, she shouldn't have or wouldn't have signed up to be in the NBA. 
But LeBron isn't the one complaining about a completely blind accusation. So this sentence is not really apt.

I do think any athlete should expect some sort of PED rumor now a days, but that doesn't mean we should just nod our heads when people just spout off random accusations.

True.  But similarly, I don't think people need to defend professional athletes either.  There's far too many people in the world who actually need someone to stick up for them to waste time defending a professional athlete making tens of millions of dollars per year.  

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 09:44:57 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
there may be far to many people in the world needing to be stuck up for but that doesnt mean try to strike down the others with factless accusations
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 09:47:54 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Yawn.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

That's not to say he doesn't (or didn't) but naive as it is, i still believe your innocent until proven otherwise.
If LeBron didn't want to be speculated about publicly, she shouldn't have or wouldn't have signed up to be in the NBA. 
But LeBron isn't the one complaining about a completely blind accusation. So this sentence is not really apt.

I do think any athlete should expect some sort of PED rumor now a days, but that doesn't mean we should just nod our heads when people just spout off random accusations.

True.  But similarly, I don't think people need to defend professional athletes either.  There's far too many people in the world who actually need someone to stick up for them to waste time defending a professional athlete making tens of millions of dollars per year.  
We're on a NBA basketball internet forum. The argument that we have better uses of our energy is pretty hollow.

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 10:03:19 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'll say the same thing I said about Michael Phelps.. Whoopde doo.

I'll try not to argue the legality of pot, but really big deal. He got stoned a few times (probably more) it's part of the culutre, and at least he isn't like Vin Baker or Keon Clark... The alcohol is worse for you than weed.

And it certainly hasn't effected his game.

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I say Take two and pass so the blunt will last!!!!

Gomes: "[dang] Bron your ball hog and a blunt hog, pass the blunt man!"
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 10:27:30 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
a large percentage of kids in high school experiment, lbj is no different.  it is no big deal.

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 10:29:38 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

How is affording someone the benefit of the doubt when no proof, or indeed any credible accusation "sticking up" for them?

It's kinda what our entire justice system and American ideals are based on...That pesky innocent until proven guilty thing.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 10:48:12 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
but he never had relations with that woman?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 11:03:17 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
but he never had relations with that woman?

it depends on what your definition of the word "is" is :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
On his new book, he admits to smoking maryjane in high school. 

That is not necessarily something surprising, although somehow I doubt that he only did it once.  That would mean that he didnt even get high.
Serious yawn. I'd guess the trial rate of weed among NBA players is higher than the general public. This was always a statistical probability.

Secondly - he's probably clearing the way for the presidential run in the future - drugs in your auto-bio are the coolest, ask BHO.

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 11:11:39 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Does that come in a smokeable form?   ;)

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

That is not necessarily something surprising, although somehow I doubt that he only did it once.  That would mean that he didnt even get high.
Serious yawn. I'd guess the trial rate of weed among NBA players is higher than the general public. This was always a statistical probability.

Secondly - he's probably clearing the way for the presidential run in the future - drugs in your auto-bio are the coolest, ask BHO.

not as cool as coke, thats reserved for GWB  ;)

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 11:19:27 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

From his book I thought it was implied that he used coke as well though. Doesn't really matter, people experiment.

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 11:21:10 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Nah, Obama did coke too, according to his autobio.  But then again, Bush smoked pot too, so it's all good.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4282799.stm

LeBron smoking pot isn't unusual or unexpected.  I think ESPN's gonna be disappointed by the collective yawn this story gets, but it's a slow sports month anyway.