Author Topic: 2009 Celticsblog Draft: Draft Thread  (Read 1099091 times)

Re: 2009 Celticsblog Draft: Draft Thread
« Reply #5535 on: August 11, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If people would like I can cast the first vote

I'll be casting my vote fairly early, too.  If other GMs are going to vote against Portland because I didn't like their team, that reflects more on them than it does me, Edgar, or the team we put together.

However, I trust the integrity of the other 29 (or so) GMs, so I'm not going to worry about gamesmanship and trying to wait until the very last minute to cast my vote.
Aren't you the guy that termed the phrase "jock blocking" and released every single one of his cut players 2 minutes before the signing deadline to prevent people from getting players?

Again, what does integrity have to do with gamesmanship when playing a game against 30 complete strangers? It's a gaming strategy and has nothing to do with integrity.

Release your vote early at your own peril. Same way you release your players early at your own peril. 

« Reply #5536 on: August 11, 2009, 09:43:43 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I'll be casting my vote fairly early, too.  If other GMs are going to vote against Portland because I didn't like their team, that reflects more on them than it does me, Edgar, or the team we put together.

However, I trust the integrity of the other 29 (or so) GMs, so I'm not going to worry about gamesmanship and trying to wait until the very last minute to cast my vote.
Aren't you the guy that termed the phrase "jock blocking" and released every single one of his cut players 2 minutes before the signing deadline to prevent people from getting players?

Again, what does integrity have to do with gamesmanship when playing a game against 30 complete strangers? It's a gaming strategy and has nothing to do with integrity.

Release your vote early at your own peril. Same way you release your players early at your own peril. 

So then by saying, "vote early at your own peril," that your vote will be based on how others vote your team? if that is the case it kinda sucks
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #5537 on: August 11, 2009, 09:46:46 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Just curious for the sake of asking. So someone sends in what someone else feels to be a "questionable" vote. Do they get stretched across the rack? Bamboo shoots under the fingernails. Banished from CB? What happens? Like the roster analysis thread showed, views are obviously subjective.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #5538 on: August 11, 2009, 09:50:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

There's a difference between retaining players to gain a competitive advantage, and hiding your vote because you're worried of offending somebody.

I'm voting the best team, regardless.  I have nothing to hide, and I trust my fellow GMs.  If other people don't feel that way, that's on them.  This is a game, plain and simple, and if Portland loses because somebody held a grudge, I'm sure we'll be able to make it through our day.

You never struck me as somebody scared to give his opinion, nick.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5539 on: August 11, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Just curious for the sake of asking. So someone sends in what someone else feels to be a "questionable" vote. Do they get stretched across the rack? Bamboo shoots under the fingernails. Banished from CB? What happens? Like the roster analysis thread showed, views are obviously subjective.

Have you ever seen Edgar actually say what he does for a living? No, you haven't. Because he's the darker side of celticsblog. He's the muscle. The sometimes drunk, animal loving, not speaking english so good muscle. He will break your legs, but he'll feel pretty bad about it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5540 on: August 11, 2009, 09:54:33 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I will try and vote early. 

« Reply #5541 on: August 11, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
What if I spitefully rank people who refuse to recognize the fact that I passed 300 Tps and am coming up on my second star? ;)

YOU ARE ALL IN 14th PLACE!

« Reply #5542 on: August 11, 2009, 09:57:29 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Also, in reference to buckner's concern, if there's any shady "strategic voting" taking place, I'll make it my personal mission to make sure that such GM is excluded from next year's draft.

Integrity absolutely does have a place in games on here.  Strategic voting is, essentially, cheating.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #5543 on: August 11, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
What if I spitefully rank people who refuse to recognize the fact that I passed 300 Tps and am coming up on my second star? ;)

What if someone is spiteful over the self promotion?   ;)

« Reply #5544 on: August 11, 2009, 09:58:12 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

Have you ever seen Edgar actually say what he does for a living? No, you haven't. Because he's the darker side of celticsblog. He's the muscle. The sometimes drunk, animal loving, not speaking english so good muscle. He will break your legs, but he'll feel pretty bad about it.

He no speakie ingles so he doesn't have to fall for your desparate cries for mercy.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #5545 on: August 11, 2009, 09:58:32 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Also, in reference to buckner's concern, if there's any shady "strategic voting" taking place, I'll make it my personal mission to make sure that GM is excluded from next year's draft.

You wouldn't like Roy when he's vendettaing. Its a verb, look it up.

« Reply #5546 on: August 11, 2009, 09:59:03 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Well then I never had a chance now did I?

YOU ARE IN 16th PLACE!

« Reply #5547 on: August 11, 2009, 09:59:57 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

I think Portland already has the monopoly on self-promotion-related spite.

« Reply #5548 on: August 11, 2009, 10:00:22 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Well then I never had a chance now did I?

YOU ARE IN 16th PLACE!

So you are say I am one of the 16 teams that will make the playoffs?  

Sweet!!

« Reply #5549 on: August 11, 2009, 10:01:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

So then by saying, "vote early at your own peril," that your vote will be based on how others vote your team? if that is the case it kinda sucks
No, my vote will be my vote and there will be a clear record of how I feel and how I am going to vote because in each and every single presser I have already revealed my rankings of the teams in the division. I am one of the very few who have listed in each presser exactly how I felt and given a brief description why.

But, I personally know no one here and I am not going to assume that people will not make their voting decisions based on a retaliatory reaction of seeing my vote. Some have already called my team worse than a consensus last in a division team simple because they didn't like the stand I had about a certain owner's actions. Another got bent out of shape and went public with trade negotiations because he didn't like what I said about his players in a PM. Yet another owner went public criticizing my trade offers because I rudely answered a trade proposal to him with the same rude answer he forgot that he had given me over a trade proposal.

I say vote early at your own peril because you may think you know the other 29 owners, but you don't. And you shouldn't trust they won't be effected by your vote if your vote looks like it might harm their chances of winning.

I'm going to vote late. But if anyone wants to know how I am going to vote, go read my:

"Just one GM's opinion on the __________________Division, for what it's worth:"

posts that you can find in each and every press conference. It won't be too hard to figure out how my vote is going to go.