Author Topic: Rumor (now reported by Spears) - Rondo to Memphis?  (Read 63810 times)

Re: Rumor (now reported by Spears) - Rondo to Memphis?
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2009, 10:27:58 AM »

Offline VPofCommonSense

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
pull the trigger on the deal no doubt.  I'd love to get a draft pick out of it too... maybe some height as well... like that Haddadi kid.

« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2009, 10:28:57 AM »

Offline Gemini

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
This deal would be a complete steal for Boston. Anyone who wouldnt do this is off there rocker

gay is an upgrade over scal, no question about it.  but rondo is far better than conley, imo.  there is one glaring difference between conley and rondo, and it is experience.  rondo has won a championship and has been in 4 game 7's in the postseason. i guess i value rondo more than conley and gay combined.

I love Rondo but my unbiased opinion is that a gay for Rondo swap would basically be a good return for Rondo. you are also getting a good young PG for free. I think that if Conley had Ray PP and KG last season you would think higher of him. ;)

i hear you, but you are basing it on speculation. we already know what rondo can do, and what he can do with our starters...and thats play championship basketball.

valid point but i really think that your undervaluing Conley. He is a smart PG who can shoot the ball from deep and doesn’t turn the ball over. I really think he has just as much upside as Rondo. On top of that you add a 20ppg guy in Gay. You make yourself much better for the future without really hurting yourself in the present
Green 18!

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

conley has top 10 pg potential.....we already have a top 10pg (i say even higher, maybe around top 6 or 7).  rondo is proven, and as i said earlier in the thread has experience....postseason and finals experience isnt something u teach.  conley isnt even in rondos league

When the Celtics won the title, how much finals experience did Rondo (or any of the other starters) have?  

Was Rondo a top 10 PG then?  

of course not, and it was a gamble then....and it paid off.  so we know what we have.  i wouldnt give that up knowing what we have works.  

« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2009, 10:31:32 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
This deal would be a complete steal for Boston. Anyone who wouldnt do this is off there rocker

gay is an upgrade over scal, no question about it.  but rondo is far better than conley, imo.  there is one glaring difference between conley and rondo, and it is experience.  rondo has won a championship and has been in 4 game 7's in the postseason. i guess i value rondo more than conley and gay combined.

I love Rondo but my unbiased opinion is that a gay for Rondo swap would basically be a good return for Rondo. you are also getting a good young PG for free. I think that if Conley had Ray PP and KG last season you would think higher of him. ;)

i hear you, but you are basing it on speculation. we already know what rondo can do, and what he can do with our starters...and thats play championship basketball.

valid point but i really think that your undervaluing Conley. He is a smart PG who can shoot the ball from deep and doesn’t turn the ball over. I really think he has just as much upside as Rondo. On top of that you add a 20ppg guy in Gay. You make yourself much better for the future without really hurting yourself in the present

i hear you.  gay is intriguing and the only reason i would consider the deal because he is the X factor, but ultimately i would pass. i might be undervaluing conley, or maybe overvaluing rondo.....which is vice versa of you. i guess we agree to disagree :)

« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Please hold the rationalizing with regards to Conley ever being as good as Rondo.  Just be happy he can make a wide open jumper.  Their games are close as Scal and Gay's games.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:53:49 AM by Birdbrain »
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Would Celtics fans be ready for the Gay Jesus era in Beantown? ;D

« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2009, 10:36:23 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Would Celtics fans be ready for the Gay Jesus era in Beantown? ;D

LOL  ;D

« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Please hold the rationalizing with regards to Conley ever being as good as Rondo.  Just be happy he can make a wide open jumper.  There games are close as Scal and Gay's games.
Except because Conley is younger as he gets older the gap between him and Rondo might shrink. Where Gay is only going to widen the gap on Scal.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2009, 10:37:28 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

conley has top 10 pg potential.....we already have a top 10pg (i say even higher, maybe around top 6 or 7).  rondo is proven, and as i said earlier in the thread has experience....postseason and finals experience isnt something u teach.  conley isnt even in rondos league

When the Celtics won the title, how much finals experience did Rondo (or any of the other starters) have?  

of course not, and it was a gamble then....and it paid off.  so we know what we have.  i wouldnt give that up knowing what we have works.  

Kinda seems, though, that management isn't happy with what we have and how it "works."
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Or the Moore Gay House second unit?

« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2009, 10:39:45 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
You guys think there's anyway we could turn this into Gay, #2 and Gasol? Then the Grizz could look elsewhere with Conley(Blazers for Outlaw and a pick?)

Seems like a heckulva lot for the Grizz to give up, but it'd be nice to acquire a good big off the bench so we could use our entire MLE on a veteran PG.

« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2009, 10:40:04 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
There games are close as Scal and Gay's games.

scal is a better defender and 3pt shooter than gay

« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2009, 10:42:03 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Kinda seems, though, that management isn't happy with what we have and how it "works."

when we won the title, they were happy how it works. when we got off the the best start of any celtics team in history, they were happy how it worked. 

« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2009, 10:45:39 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
Please hold the rationalizing with regards to Conley ever being as good as Rondo.  Just be happy he can make a wide open jumper.  There games are close as Scal and Gay's games.
Except because Conley is younger as he gets older the gap between him and Rondo might shrink. Where Gay is only going to widen the gap on Scal.

You still are either really talented or your not and Conley has never been really talented but, he's a capable wide open shooter.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2009, 10:46:55 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

Being a 'coach' haven't you ever heard of saying one thing and meaning another.  Or is that only when we agree with that premise?
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10