Author Topic: Rumor (now reported by Spears) - Rondo to Memphis?  (Read 63817 times)

Re: Rumor (now reported by Spears) - Rondo to Memphis?
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2009, 08:54:33 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
this deal would suck for the celtics!

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2009, 09:05:03 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i would love to see andre miller and mcdyess here along with big baby...but to me a decision has to be made on pruitt, giddens and walker...if they are keeping them...it is time to see if they can actually contribute...then sitting on the bench wasting space is not what the Cs need

« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2009, 09:21:36 AM »

Offline garypayton

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2

Let's do this trade! the big three only needs to play with a point guard who can knock down open jumpshots. Conley is a lot better shooter than Rondo ever will be.

There is a reason Kobe likes to play with Fisher, or MJ with Paxson/BJ Armstrong or Lebron with Boobie Gibson/Mo Williams, great players want to play with knockdown shooters. It just makes their job a lot easier and defenses a lot more honest.

« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2009, 09:23:08 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
i would love to see andre miller and mcdyess here along with big baby...but to me a decision has to be made on pruitt, giddens and walker...if they are keeping them...it is time to see if they can actually contribute...then sitting on the bench wasting space is not what the Cs need

Giddens would leave to Memphis too. It seems hard to have both Miller and McDyess for the MLE and LLE since i suppose both will be looking for the whole MLE. Maybe if Ray gets traded too we won't need to look for 2 free agents...just saying

I like this trade for the C's, it seems that Rondo has generated trouble in the team, and if so now it's the moment to deal him. Conley is a good PG and Gay has talent. Let's do it Danny

« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2009, 09:56:24 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
If the Celtics do this deal, I think the chances of Ray getting traded are slim. They need the money from his expiring contract to sign Rudy because is also on an expiring contract. I think Conley's contract will be up as Pierce's comes off, if I'm not mistaken. Thus, the contract situation would be staggered nicely in this scenario. However, it necessitates keeping Ray's expiring contract, which is not a bad thing at all in my opinion. The C's would just have to add a vet point guard and big off the bench. Of course, all they really need now is a vet wingman and big off the bench, so six-one-half-dozen-the-other.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2009, 10:03:33 AM »

Offline Gemini

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
This deal would be a complete steal for Boston. Anyone who wouldnt do this is off there rocker
Green 18!

« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2009, 10:13:35 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
This deal would be a complete steal for Boston. Anyone who wouldnt do this is off there rocker

gay is an upgrade over scal, no question about it.  but rondo is far better than conley, imo.  there is one glaring difference between conley and rondo, and it is experience.  rondo has won a championship and has been in 4 game 7's in the postseason. i guess i value rondo more than conley and gay combined.

« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2009, 10:15:58 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
How is that "being reported by Spears?" he didn't say anything of any subtance, at all. He essentially just said the exact same thing the guy over on RealGM said.

« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2009, 10:17:05 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
This deal makes to much sense for the Celtics to pass.

They add another young PG that has top 10 PG potential (for a PG with top 5 PG potential) and pick up a fringe All-Star quality young SF.

Ainge is talking about sign and trades as the best way to land one of the big names next year.  Celtics would be adding a heck of young trade carrot in Gay.  Along with a sign and trade Ray option, Celtics would have the ammo to go after a big name.

« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2009, 10:20:51 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

They add another young PG that has top 10 PG potential (for a PG with top 5 PG potential) and pick up a fringe All-Star quality young SF.

conley has top 10 pg potential.....we already have a top 10pg (i say even higher, maybe around top 6 or 7).  rondo is proven, and as i said earlier in the thread has experience....postseason and finals experience isnt something u teach.  conley isnt even in rondos league

« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2009, 10:22:08 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Ainge is talking about sign and trades as the best way to land one of the big names next year.  Celtics would be adding a heck of young trade carrot in Gay.  Along with a sign and trade Ray option, Celtics would have the ammo to go after a big name.
If you make that deal do you then trade Ray for a better veteran pg? Do you do the deal without getting the second pick?
Would Kidd or A. Miller sign for the MLE? So many questions.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2009, 10:22:28 AM »

Offline Gemini

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16

gay is an upgrade over scal, no question about it.  but rondo is far better than conley, imo.  there is one glaring difference between conley and rondo, and it is experience.  rondo has won a championship and has been in 4 game 7's in the postseason. i guess i value rondo more than conley and gay combined.

I love Rondo but my unbiased opinion is that a gay for Rondo swap would basically be a good return for Rondo. you are also getting a good young PG for free. I think that if Conley had Ray PP and KG last season you would think higher of him. ;)
Green 18!

« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2009, 10:24:52 AM »

Offline ScalPal

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
If you're the Cs you do this trade.

1. Conley can be as good as Rondo and has better potential to be a shooter making us much more balanced on offense, people wont sag off of him. Conley is a good teammate, we know Rondo's issues.

2. GAY is a good replacement for Ray in 2 years, or next if we move Ray for a vet PG, and Paul down the road. He is a stud and we need more athletes on this team and players to give Pierce a rest down teh stretch.

« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2009, 10:25:11 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

I love Rondo but my unbiased opinion is that a gay for Rondo swap would basically be a good return for Rondo. you are also getting a good young PG for free. I think that if Conley had Ray PP and KG last season you would think higher of him. ;)

i hear you, but you are basing it on speculation. we already know what rondo can do, and what he can do with our starters...and thats play championship basketball.

« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2009, 10:26:24 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

If you make that deal do you then trade Ray for a better veteran pg? Do you do the deal without getting the second pick?
Would Kidd or A. Miller sign for the MLE? So many questions.

Celtics would need to pick up a vet to backup Conley.  

Conley has shown just as much in this league as Rondo did leading into the title year.  He would be the starter.  

conley has top 10 pg potential.....we already have a top 10pg (i say even higher, maybe around top 6 or 7).  rondo is proven, and as i said earlier in the thread has experience....postseason and finals experience isnt something u teach.  conley isnt even in rondos league

When the Celtics won the title, how much finals experience did Rondo (or any of the other starters) have?  

Was Rondo a top 10 PG then?

Straight up or with an average NBA player along with Conley, no way do the Celtics make this trade.

But when you add in a player with Gays potential and production, it becomes a no-brainer for the Celtics.