Author Topic: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) 4/18  (Read 110689 times)

Re: Bulls (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) 4/18
« Reply #540 on: April 18, 2009, 04:33:48 PM »

Offline TonyAllenisbest

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20
This is what I got from the game.  Doc doesn't know what he is doing, and KG is not helping at all. Why couldn't KG sit on the bench for the 2nd half? How is him sitting out there a distraction and not a help for the team. The mysteriousness of KG is getting a little bit overboard and it is not helping us out lately. Doc made many mistakes in the game. In the 3rd Qtr., when the starters made a run to get us back in the game, he should have taken them all out with 3 minutes left and put in TA, House, Mikki, Star & Powe.  Just because the starters went on a nice run doesnt' mean they are going to keep going on a run, had Doc bought in all 5 subs, the subs could have gone on a run, too but Doc never does that. Late in the 4th while on defense Doc takes out Perkins and puts in Ray, leaving us with only BBD on the floor as a big, Rose takes it right to the hole and scores. That is ridiculous from Doc. If you want to put in Ray then sub him for BBD that was a horrible coaching move. Here is another note, when Brad Miller made that shot at the end of the half, the clock stopped moving and we never saw a replay of that play. That is not blaming the officiating its blaming the coverage of the game by not letting us know exactly what happened on that play, had the clock run regularly I don't know if the basket would have counted.  And finally you people are crazy to think BBD should be in the starting lineup. Mikki should start with Perkins, definitely. We need the length. Mikki is shooting 60% from the field this year and we need him to play with Perkins, but Doc doesn't know what he is doing and it probably will never happen so we won't win. Anybody who blames Mikki in this game doesn't know what they are talking about, he only played 6 minutes.  We will never win with Garnett out and BBD & Perk starting they are too small. Start Mikki.

« Reply #541 on: April 18, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i would love to have KG for his energy...REBOUNDING and defense...offense wold be a bonus...noah shouldn't have 17 boards on any team

« Reply #542 on: April 18, 2009, 04:38:48 PM »

Offline TonyAllenisbest

• The Green Kornet
You people are crazy thinking BBD with Perkins is enough height.  Not even close. With KG out Mikki has to play 30 minutes with Perkins. Don't understand why some of you are down on Mikki, he had 4 rebounds in 6 minutes he is a good defender. If Doc doesn't play Perk with Mikki 30 minutes a game no chance this year with KG out. Its so easy for me to see that yet nobody has even bought it up. Rondo, Ray & Pierce are a little small for their positions as well. We need Mikki out there like we had PJ out there with KG last year.  Doc has to wake up.

« Reply #543 on: April 18, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boston is too small right now...it showed when a guy like noah owns you on the glass...they just don't have enough height without KG

« Reply #544 on: April 18, 2009, 04:43:24 PM »

Offline TonyAllenisbest

• The Green Kornet
Yeah but if they play Mikki with Perk then they have height

« Reply #545 on: April 18, 2009, 04:46:32 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 622
You people are crazy thinking BBD with Perkins is enough height.  Not even close. With KG out Mikki has to play 30 minutes with Perkins. Don't understand why some of you are down on Mikki, he had 4 rebounds in 6 minutes he is a good defender. If Doc doesn't play Perk with Mikki 30 minutes a game no chance this year with KG out. Its so easy for me to see that yet nobody has even bought it up. Rondo, Ray & Pierce are a little small for their positions as well. We need Mikki out there like we had PJ out there with KG last year.  Doc has to wake up.

Coaching,bad game from ray are not to blame. Its lack of desire and defensive intensity that lost it for us. They lack dare I say it, heart. I dont care about 60 wins, I frankley think some have made too big of a deal about it. They compitition in the nba is not very good. To come out and play with no energy and overconfidence like this team did today says that there will be no miracle run this post season. I dont care about the athletisim of chicago, we have the better team on paper and if we played like we gave a [dang] in the first half we would have won this game.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #546 on: April 18, 2009, 04:47:55 PM »

Offline TonyAllenisbest

• The Green Kornet
They did come out with energy in the 3rd, but after the starters made the run to tie it, Doc left all of them out there for the entire 3rd QTR.  That never works in the NBA, he should have bought in all 5 subs at 4:00 left in the 3rd.

« Reply #547 on: April 18, 2009, 04:48:19 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
this team looked to me like a team that knows they dont have a shot today. I guess I overestimated them.

« Reply #548 on: April 18, 2009, 04:48:40 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Coaching,bad game from ray are not to blame. Its lack of desire and defensive intensity that lost it for us. They lack dare I say it, heart. I dont care about 60 wins, I frankley think some have made too big of a deal about it. They compitition in the nba is not very good. To come out and play with no energy and overconfidence like this team did today says that there will be no miracle run this post season. I dont care about the athletisim of chicago, we have the better team on paper and if we played like we gave a [dang] in the first half we would have won this game.

does boston really have a better team than the bulls on paper without KG?

« Reply #549 on: April 18, 2009, 04:50:15 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
They did come out with energy in the 3rd, but after the starters made the run to tie it, Doc left all of them out there for the entire 3rd QTR.  That never works in the NBA, he should have bought in all 5 subs at 4:00 left in the 3rd.

My point is it shouldn't have taken till the 3rd to get them going with energy. It should have been from the opening tip. They have looked lazy all season on d, I know they were 2nd, but they didn't play as good as they did last year.

« Reply #550 on: April 18, 2009, 04:50:23 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Yeah but if they play Mikki with Perk then they have height

And so what? Moore can't block shots or rebound. His height is useless.

« Reply #551 on: April 18, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
maybe they are just mentally worn out...after the long run last year....the defending of the title....the injuries...etc...they certainly looked confused and unfocused today...but to me monday is the season...lose that and it is over

« Reply #552 on: April 18, 2009, 04:50:57 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'm super positive for this team, and this could drive them into an over-acheiving mode, but if this team makes it to the ECF and gets defeated by Cleveland......

Think of how much experience Rondo and Perkins are getting for the future. Rondo was the best player on our team tonight and you could argue that he was just as effective as Rose becuase of his 0 TO's and the fact that he didn't foul out of the game. Rondo made his FT's he made his jump shots. We were saying that when the big three is gone RR will be "The guy" on this team, i'm saying that after this postseason (regardless of what happens) RR could be "The Guy" while the big three is still here.

And Perk is showing offensive gifts that i thought i'd never see out of him, with touches Perk could be a HUGE threat down low with his Hook shot his fade away where he turns to the middle.

I'm not looking past whats going on right now, but going into 09/10 the Boston Celtics starting 5 could be ridiculous.

« Reply #553 on: April 18, 2009, 04:51:19 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald

does boston really have a better team than the bulls on paper without KG?

Today didn't prove it, but yes I believe they do.

« Reply #554 on: April 18, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I'm super positive for this team, and this could drive them into an over-acheiving mode, but if this team makes it to the ECF and gets defeated by Cleveland......

Think of how much experience Rondo and Perkins are getting for the future. Rondo was the best player on our team tonight and you could argue that he was just as effective as Rose becuase of his 0 TO's and the fact that he didn't foul out of the game. Rondo made his FT's he made his jump shots. We were saying that when the big three is gone RR will be "The guy" on this team, i'm saying that after this postseason (regardless of what happens) RR could be "The Guy" while the big three is still here.

And Perk is showing offensive gifts that i thought i'd never see out of him, with touches Perk could be a HUGE threat down low with his Hook shot his fade away where he turns to the middle.

I'm not looking past whats going on right now, but going into 09/10 the Boston Celtics starting 5 could be ridiculous.

but soon they have to mix in some athletic young guys...and no i dont think walker nor giddens are the answer there either