Author Topic: I want to hear from Celtics fans! Let's fan the flames!!!!  (Read 7878 times)

Re: I want to hear from Celtics fans! Let's fan the flames!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 12:20:15 AM »

Offline Dirk

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'm 23 years old, my best memory so far was pp taking over on the best comeback in nba playoffs history against the nets.

Today, once again my captain took over and the whole team stepped up and took it to them to get to the stage they have always dreamed of, the Finals. I'm so happy for pierce and kg anmd so proud of everyone on the team. Happy for celtics fans but also realize where not THERE yet... just 4 more wins.

Right now, I'm still dropping tears off emotions... 

GO CELTICS. & Beat LA.
the team to beat...
a force to reckon with...
just pick your poison.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 12:23:35 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
This is the happiest day of my life. I'm also 23, I was 2 in '86 and this is the closest I've gotten to a true Finals experience. BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 12:25:12 AM »

Offline DutchHoops

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'll take my shot. 

It wasn't a game.  It wasn't a series.  It was a season.  1986. 

It was also moments.  Like when Bird pulled Parrish away from a fight so he could get a punch in.  Like when McHale could set a record for most points in a game by a Celtic and Bird could top it a week later.

It's Doctor J having a game against us like he'd never play against anyone else.  Same with those murderious early '80s Bucks or late '80s Pistons.

It's the fans too.  Wasn't it Barkley who called Boston fans the most knowledgeable?  We know our heroes.  We celebrate our heroes.  But we have generation after generation had the nobility to recognize the heroes of our adversaries and their good qualities. 

It's the teams, and its the players, and its the fans.  We are fortunate to be the best fans of the best franchise.  Thank God I am a Boston Celtics fan.

Amen to that. After watching an NBA 1978 season highlights film i started reading Russell's bio and History of the Celtics (boy, great reading that is), and trying to get my hands on year-old issues of SI, which were only sold in 1 shop in Amsterdam, life as a Celtics fan always been hard over here. In the 80'smost my teammates where Doctor J. or Magic adepts, kidding me around for wearing a Bird T. The championships made up for all that. Hate to never have been able to watch Bird live in the Garden or on TV.
The hubbub at the start of this season got me all excited again, following every result closely, building up hope, and now we're here, the Finals arena: 
"In the greeeeeen corner, weighing 1095 pounds, the 1986 NBA Champions....BOSTON CELTICS".
How sweet it is for Paul Pierce.

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 12:26:32 AM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
omg omg am so happy l just can"t believe am still shaking jesus l been a celtics fan for 25 years l believe is our time #17 here we come ;D

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 12:26:47 AM »

Offline jblaze

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
first Finals i've seen for the guys in Green. 6 Games is all it should take

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 12:31:53 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
the girlfriend's gonna be mad...the playoff beard lives on!
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 12:38:54 AM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
can l ask are we in the finals hell yes here we come #17 ;D

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 12:46:14 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
This is the happiest day of my life. I'm also 23, I was 2 in '86 and this is the closest I've gotten to a true Finals experience. BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

The happiest day of my life was when I got my first retainer...this is a close 2nd
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 01:09:17 AM »

Offline WW1MR

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
I'm 23 years old, my best memory so far was pp taking over on the best comeback in nba playoffs history against the nets.

believe it or not, I'm 23 years old too (represent 1984!)

the thing is, I turn 24 on June 13th.... the day after Game 4 of the finals. Not saying it'll happen, but how sweet would it be to wake up on my birthday and remember "my Celtics won the championship last night!"

BEAT. L.A.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you..." (R. Kipling)

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 01:16:36 AM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
I have a ticket stub from the 1986 finals. I'm a young man again!

The Finals are not the promised land, but you can see it from here. The time has come.

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 01:19:07 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I was 10 the last time we went so far. At that time, I was fouling my parents, getting up silently in the middle of the night, to watch the games (through a spanish tv channel) and having some sleepy days at school. It took long to be back...

To bad we don't have a chance. Haven't you read the analysts? We can't execute in the 4th... [dang]... :(

"Posey with the steal, and took it away! Posey with a huge defensive play!!!!" AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I can't take this stupid smile out of my face. BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 01:23:58 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
To bad we don't have a chance. Haven't you read the analysts? We can't execute in the 4th... [dang]... :(

Hahahahaha -- and we can't win on the road either!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 01:48:16 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133

Today, once again my captain took over and the whole team stepped up and took it to them to get to the stage they have always dreamed of, the Finals. I'm so happy for pierce and kg anmd so proud of everyone on the team. Happy for celtics fans but also realize where not THERE yet... just 4 more wins.

Right now, I'm still dropping tears off emotions... 

GO CELTICS. & Beat LA.

Hey Dirk, I am thinking the best is yet to be written.  4 more wins man!

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 02:10:54 AM »

Offline westupcali

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I would just would like to say that I was 4 when they won it in 86' and 5 in 87' since they been there. This is great, i'm stoked, and i'm straight trippin. I'm excited for (pie-pie) captain Paul Pierce numero treinta y quatro. Go Bo Celtics, beat L.A. Lets do it, we must protect the house, what, what.

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 08:55:58 AM »

Offline tapper

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
Celtics in 5.......the refs will give La one game