Author Topic: I want to hear from Celtics fans! Let's fan the flames!!!!  (Read 7882 times)

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
It's been 22 years?  Feels like a century in the desert!  A whole generation of Celts fans grew up without getting their due, without knowing what it can be like to be on top (for which I'm grateful to younger fans). 

C'mon, tell me how you feel heading for the Finals, and why you feel that way!  Jeff, THANK YOU for celticsblog and the opportunity to share this moment!!!!

Re: I want to hear from Celtics fans! Let's fan the flames!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:39:28 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
My first experience was with honda, cowens and the phoenix series.  I guess I was spoiled during bird era.
Hang #34 in the rafters! Physically beat the lakers, let rondo run.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TEAM DEFENSE

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:42:34 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
My first experience was with honda, cowens and the phoenix series.  I guess I was spoiled during bird era.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TEAM DEFENSE

You have me by a couple years but that's why I ask!!!  Tell us about the different teams and what stands out for you.  Please!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:44:02 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
the goal is still gettin the ring so im not as excited as most cause we still got much work to do

this was def a sweet win in deroit on the road~

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:45:43 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TEAM DEFENSE

I didn't know they made Hondas back then...did Cowens drive it to the game?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 11:46:16 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Just imagining the scene in the Garden for Game 1 is giving me chills up and down my spine.  This is going to be special.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 11:48:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I started rooting for the Celtics in the 87 playoffs...the first NBA game I have a clear memory of is Finals Game 1 against LA.  My parents liked them and I was fascinated enough by Larry Bird to get my dad to put a hoop against the garage. I was 8 years old.

This is the first Celtics team I've ever followed into the Finals...and it's against LA, again - good bookending, it seems like.  And to win like this, instead of the way we won Game 5, makes it all the sweeter.  Already can't wait til Thursday...

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 11:51:21 PM »

Offline celtpinoy

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • BEAT LA
cdif911 ...hahahaha ...you're crackin me up..

must be all these euphoria...I'll laugh at any joke at this point...

BEAT LA ...it's been more than 20 years....gosh...my BEAT LA shirts have already faded...but I will definitely wear it with PRIDE again!!!!  8)

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 11:52:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I was 11 years old watching game 5 vs Phoenix go into triple overtime and was already a follower of the team. I became a basketball junkie and bled Celtic Green ever since.

After that things got slim but then that kid Bird came along and looked good, but his first year that other rookie Magic won it all. Then the next year the Celts were down 3-1 to the Sixers and I was thinking "Maybe this kid Bird is overrated."

Three unbelievable games in a very hot late April later and I knew Bird was everything advertised.

The rest is history.

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 11:54:07 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TEAM DEFENSE

I didn't know they made Hondas back then...did Cowens drive it to the game?
:D Sad thing is I can go into detail about when Honda dealerships first came to the US (motorcyles) but that is another issue.
Excuse me #17 Honda, bottle of wine with the wife for our anniversary, after dinner drinks, C's to the finals-I'm  8) so honda; hondo

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 11:57:47 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
:D Sad thing is I can go into detail about when Honda dealerships first came to the US (motorcyles) but that is another issue.
Excuse me #17 Honda, bottle of wine with the wife for our anniversary, after dinner drinks, C's to the finals-I'm  8) so honda; hondo

Hey brother, happy anniversary!

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 11:58:48 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TEAM DEFENSE

You have me by a couple years but that's why I ask!!!  Tell us about the different teams and what stands out for you.  Please!!!
I've been a fan for too long at this point; what stands out??
Very happy with Perk in the series less posturing more quickness to ball,love rondo, pierce's number is heading up, garnett is great; that said cowens as a defensive hound was amazing, bird......people that didn't see him play have no idea
jojo should be in hall
i can go on forever
rick robey!
thanks about ann., its actually june 2nd but we will be apart because of work

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 12:04:14 AM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
I absolutely have to get myself a BEAT LA t-shirt before Thursday!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 12:07:04 AM »

• Jim Loscutoff
I'll take my shot.  

It wasn't a game.  It wasn't a series.  It was a season.  1986.  

It was also moments.  Like when Bird pulled Parrish away from a fight so he could get a punch in.  Like when McHale could set a record for most points in a game by a Celtic and Bird could top it a week later.

It's Doctor J having a game against us like he'd never play against anyone else.  Same with those murderious early '80s Bucks or late '80s Pistons.

It's the fans too.  Wasn't it Barkley who called Boston fans the most knowledgeable?  We know our heroes.  We celebrate our heroes.  But we have generation after generation had the nobility to recognize the heroes of our adversaries and their good qualities.  

It's the teams, and its the players, and its the fans.  We are fortunate to be the best fans of the best franchise.  Thank God I am a Boston Celtics fan.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 12:11:53 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Let's win the championship Celtics!

Ubuntu!
Anything is possible!!!