Author Topic: Celtics (11-2) at Hornets (3-9) Game #14 11/20/23  (Read 19418 times)

Re: Celtics (11-2) at Hornets (3-9) Game #14 11/20/23
« Reply #510 on: November 21, 2023, 04:24:10 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Playing back to back with no Al or White, gotta be a hard win no matter who u play but bench got to step it up..Payton played good thou
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #511 on: November 21, 2023, 06:38:24 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
Playing back to back with no Al or White, gotta be a hard win no matter who u play but bench got to step it up..Payton played good thou

Didn’t the bench get back an 11 point lead in the 4th after starters lost the lead and then didn’t the starters proceed to lose that lead, and the game?

« Reply #512 on: November 21, 2023, 06:52:06 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
  • International Superstar

I did not watch the game, but I was sent this image this morning. Accurate summary?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #513 on: November 21, 2023, 07:06:47 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 204

I did not watch the game, but I was sent this image this morning. Accurate summary?

Woof

« Reply #514 on: November 21, 2023, 07:09:06 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 502
Mark Williams is a stud by the way. He is going to be a top 10ish center for a LOOOONG time.
#JKJB

« Reply #515 on: November 21, 2023, 07:10:56 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
My God this board is insufferable after a loss.

Celtics are not going to win 82 games. This was a bad loss. But honestly they just looked tired. Everyone was front running shots, missing fts.

And for those saying we haven't beaten anybody. You do realize our strength of schedule has been tougher than Philly or Milwaukee. We mostly have played teams above .500

« Reply #516 on: November 21, 2023, 07:16:24 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen

Celtics are not going to win 82 games. This was a bad loss. But honestly they just looked tired. Everyone was front running shots, missing fts.

And for those saying we haven't beaten anybody. You do realize our strength of schedule has been tougher than Philly or Milwaukee. We mostly have played teams above .500

We have played Philly twice and split and played the Timberwolves and lost and beat the heat.
What are the other good teams we beat? I’m waiting for someone to provide an answer. It’s a bunch of middling average , non contending teams. Pacers without haliburton. Knicks twice, raptors twice, nets, wizards and grizzlies.
The numbers can say whatever they want but that’s not impressive.

« Reply #517 on: November 21, 2023, 07:18:00 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
  • International Superstar

We have played Philly twice and split and played the Timberwolves and lost and beat the heat.
What are the other good teams we beat? I’m waiting for someone to provide an answer. It’s a bunch of middling average , non contending teams. Pacers without haliburton. Knicks twice, raptors twice, nets, wizards and grizzlies.
Where are the impressive wins?

It's early days yet, that's fair enough, but at what point would you say 'you are what your record says you are' starts to apply to the C's?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #518 on: November 21, 2023, 07:21:29 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen

It's early days yet, that's fair enough, but at what point would you say 'you are what your record says you are' starts to apply to the C's?

Considering the Celtics hit the all star break last season as the consensus best team with the best record and then completely fell off a cliff it’s gonna take a while. There’s 68 games left, them having the best record 14 games in means nothing to me especially when all but 2 wins come against the raptors, Knicks and wizards of the world

« Reply #519 on: November 21, 2023, 07:30:35 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

And yet the teams we beat have a higher wins % than whom Philly and Milwaukee have beaten and we have a better record than both of them. I doubt you would apply the same criticism to them even though they have worse records and beat worse teams

That's the point.  Sorry the schedule doesn't have them facing contenders every night.

No team does. But the fact is they've faced a tough schedule and have the best record in the NBA. Have a top 5 defense and offense and 6 players averaging double figures.

It's pretty clear top teams in East are the usual Celtics, bucks, Philly, Miami will be in there somewhere.

There will be losses and nights guys play like garbage. That's just how it is in the NBA. No one goes 82-0

Or are we going to go through this extreme negativity every loss?

« Reply #520 on: November 21, 2023, 07:43:29 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen

And yet the teams we beat have a higher wins % than whom Philly and Milwaukee have beaten and we have a better record than both of them. I doubt you would apply the same criticism to them even though they have worse records and beat worse teams

That's the point.  Sorry the schedule doesn't have them facing contenders every night.

No team does. But the fact is they've faced a tough schedule and have the best record in the NBA. Have a top 5 defense and offense and 6 players averaging double figures.

It's pretty clear top teams in East are the usual Celtics, bucks, Philly, Miami will be in there somewhere.

There will be losses and nights guys play like garbage. That's just how it is in the NBA. No one goes 82-0

I’m pretty sure them playing the 6ers twice and Timberwolves has skewed that winning percentage for opponents but we are 1-2 in those games. Do I have to list the absolute garbage they’ve played again? Congrats on those teams being above .500 14 games into the season.

I don’t expect the Celtics to win every game I just don’t need them anointed as the best team in the league 14 games into the season when it appears the same problems they’ve had for years are still lingering
No offense but I fully expect Milwaukee to start figuring it out and tear through the second half of the season and finish in first place just like last season while we lose unacceptable games to teams like the hornets

« Reply #521 on: November 21, 2023, 07:43:55 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

For some reason the Celtics are the only team who gets criticized for winning against whom is in front of them.

Fans will scream how scary Philly and Milwaukee are even though their strength of schedule has been weak while Boston supposedly has faced the most teams with records over .500.

Most teams face garbage every season. Not sure why no one is allowed to make an opinion until 70 games in. Mostly the season playing out the teams who are contenders are who you thought they would be in the east

Wins don't matter, but every loss shows who they truly are!

« Reply #522 on: November 21, 2023, 07:49:18 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen

For some reason the Celtics are the only team who gets criticized for winning against whom is in front of them.

Fans will scream how scary Philly and Milwaukee are even though their strength of schedule has been weak while Boston supposedly has faced the most teams with records over .500.

Most teams face garbage every season. Not sure why no one is allowed to make an opinion until 70 games in. Mostly the season playing out the teams who are contenders are who you thought they would be in the east

Wins don't matter, but every loss shows who they truly are!
Bucks have wins against the 6ers, heat and mavericks…slightly better than our quality wins. But yeah other then that they’ve played garbage too

« Reply #523 on: November 21, 2023, 07:50:10 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

I’m pretty sure them playing the 6ers twice and Timberwolves has skewed that winning percentage for opponents but we are 1-2 in those games. Do I have to list the absolute garbage they’ve played again? Congrats on those teams being above .500 14 games into the season.

I don’t expect the Celtics to win every game I just don’t need them anointed as the best team in the league 14 games into the season when it appears the same problems they’ve had for years are still lingering

You make it seem like Celtics are stinking up the joint to an 11-3 record.

They have been a dominant team thus far. Last night was a bad loss and those issues have popped up last night and against Memphis. (Although I would say Memphis is a game we lose last year yet we found a way to win)

But I don't just see these huge warts of impending doom.

Media and fans can only call what is in front of them. Or is no one allowed to make opinions on the best teams until next year? All media shows should stop.

« Reply #524 on: November 21, 2023, 07:53:06 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen

You make it seem like Celtics are stinking up the joint to an 11-3 record.

They have been a dominant team thus far. Last night was a bad loss and those issues have popped up last night and against Memphis. (Although I would say Memphis is a game we lose last year yet we found a way to win)

But I don't just see these huge warts of impending doom.

Media and fans can only call what is in front of them. Or is no one allowed to make opinions on the best teams until next year? All media shows should stop.

I don’t think they’re stinking up the joint and i do consider them a real contender which is exactly why my standard and expectations are higher and I’m just not seeing it and not blown away by anything they’ve done this season, sorry