Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 672856 times)

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #9630 on: May 26, 2024, 10:48:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3091
  • On To Banner 18!
They really do need to trade KAT this offseason. I personally think he's a loser-like player to begin with. Maybe a bit harsh, but he kind of reminds me of the other playoff chokers like Harden and CP3, but the difference is I think they give more effort and care more than KAT does often. Often times KAT just has the facial expression of a guy who just doesn't care or doesn't realize what the moment is. And for a guy of his size and stature, there's no way he should be playing as soft as he does constantly. This should have been a game for him to dominate with Lively out and Gafford in some foul trouble and he was terrible.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #9631 on: May 26, 2024, 10:48:41 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 757
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Mavs won’t be able to guard Boston.

« Reply #9632 on: May 26, 2024, 10:51:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753

Agreed. TV commentators have elevated Gafford and Lively to Bill Russell and Diekembe Motumbo level, but that won't change reality.

« Reply #9633 on: May 26, 2024, 10:52:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
Would be nice for Minny to actually take a few games from Dallas and not just give them that much rest going into the Finals. Ideally, they'd win at least the next two and only give them a few days rest before the Finals start, though I wouldn't complain if they pushed it to seven either.

That said, it could very well be a sweep at this point. Minny looks completely flummoxed.

« Reply #9634 on: May 26, 2024, 10:55:18 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 757
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Agreed. TV commentators have elevated Gafford and Lively to Bill Russell and Diekembe Motumbo level, but that won't change reality.

Minnesota hasn’t figured out that Luka and Kyrie are very mid defensively.

« Reply #9635 on: May 26, 2024, 10:56:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3091
  • On To Banner 18!
White/Holiday will give Doncic/Kyrie way more problems than Conley/Edwards have, and that's not even bringing up Jaylen, Tatum and likely Porzingis. I think IF Boston advances and so does Dallas, there could be some high scoring Finals games.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #9636 on: May 26, 2024, 11:03:10 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Minnesota just isn’t ready for that stage. They did the C’s a massive favor knocking out Jokic though.

They look rough right now, but they are also coming off of a really tough 7 game series. If we were to face them in the Finals, they would have a few days to chill and prepare.

Yeah, DAL looks great right now, and they are playing their best ball of the year, but the playoffs went about as well as possible for them. Injuries in the first round, inexperience in the 2nd round, and fatigue in this round. We've obviously had some breaks ourselves, but DAL isn't exactly facing the 2022 gauntlet the Celtics faced. We have also had a lot of success against them this year - with and without KP.

« Reply #9637 on: May 26, 2024, 11:05:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
White/Holiday will give Doncic/Kyrie way more problems than Conley/Edwards have, and that's not even bringing up Jaylen, Tatum and likely Porzingis. I think IF Boston advances and so does Dallas, there could be some high scoring Finals games.

I'm glad the Cs are getting comfortable playing high flying, high scoring games against the Pacers. We are all used to the fight it out style of teams like MIA and CLE, but playing IND has allowed us to spread our wings a little bit and not make everything a grind. That should be useful against a team like DAL.

« Reply #9638 on: May 26, 2024, 11:53:52 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
first off  thank u mavs  for me winning $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

second  bye bye sota  good luck next year
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #9639 on: May 26, 2024, 11:57:14 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671

bruh

we will attack those two so bad either they will foul out OR be so scared of it we get easy points on thme all series
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #9640 on: May 26, 2024, 11:57:36 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 401
New MJ who? Antman overrated. He’s a good player, surefire allstar, but he’s not even close to being this force that will create a dynasty in Minny.
- LilRip

« Reply #9641 on: May 27, 2024, 12:54:45 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039
I have to admit I was so high on Minnesota all season. Loved Ant the last few years (drafted high in fantasy so really followed him). And root for KAT because he seems like a good kid.

But their antics the last few weeks made me really dislike them as a whole (add to it the widespread AntMan gas up), so I’m happy to see them fizzle.

If it’s Boston-Dallas, it’s going to be a lot of fun. The Celtics on the cusp again. Boston vs. Kyrie. Luka arrived. So many storylines.

We need to take care of business tomorrow and get KP ready for June 6th.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #9642 on: May 27, 2024, 04:34:54 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419

My biggest issue with them is that we might have trouble guarding their pick and roll actions as well. If we are in drop coverage with KP or Kornet, Luka and Cryrie will put those midrange jumpers away all day. And if they decide to switch we have to watch for the lobs to Gafford and Lively. That's how they've been killing Minnesota, just from those two guys shooting 90% because they're getting dunks all day. I'm sure Joe and his army of videographers will have been reviewing all that very carefully and will take that away but they pose a different challenge to us than other teams just because they have two guys that are big time clutch players who can make mediocre players around them better. Even a mediocre player can dunk the ball, especially if KP and Kornet remain hobbled. We have to make them work defensively to wear them out on the defensive end, otherwise there's going to be a lot more wrist slitting in the game threads than we might have planned for as people get a nasty surprise  :police:

Of course, the flip side is Minny haven't played well, KAT has had a historically bad series shooting less than 30% overall and 20% from 3 and the games have all gone down to the wire...we just have to make sure the games aren't close so Luka and Cryrie can't steal them from us  :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 04:44:09 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #9643 on: May 27, 2024, 06:45:39 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
New MJ who? Antman overrated. He’s a good player, surefire allstar, but he’s not even close to being this force that will create a dynasty in Minny.
Worst thing happen to him was they beat Denver twice at home in first 2 games, media blew him up & Minny really hasn’t been same since
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9644 on: May 27, 2024, 08:44:24 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Believe in Boston

Yep. This reminds me of 08 so much. National media gonna fawn over Dallas and pick them. The Lakers were favored if you remember. After watching game 1 everyone was like oh the Celtics are going to win. Same here. And are we forgetting how we look with KP? We’re about to be reminded.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08