Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 672964 times)

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #9645 on: May 27, 2024, 08:47:39 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Believe in Boston
Mavs won’t be able to guard Boston.

Yep. This reminds me of 08 so much. National media gonna fawn over Dallas and pick them. The Lakers were favored if you remember. After watching game 1 everyone was like oh the Celtics are going to win. Same here. And are we forgetting how we look with KP? We’re about to be reminded.

Don’t let Minnesota’s stupidity cloud it. Just a horrible job by them so far. They’re not taking advantage of anything. Why aren’t they going at Luka every time ? Coaches should be fired.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #9646 on: May 27, 2024, 08:49:17 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 757
  • MASTER OF PANIC
For the most part Dallas plays at a very average pace. No tempo like Indiana. They usually play deep into the shot clock and a lot of time it ends with a Luka step back.

Pj Washington stands in the corner as a release value. They run no plays for Gafford or lively but an ally oop. Jones doesn’t scare me.

We already know Kyrie’s game.

« Reply #9647 on: May 27, 2024, 08:50:24 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
NBA can’t be loving the potential of two sweeps in the conference finals.  Though a Dallas/Boston Finals is certainly hypeable.
Yup

« Reply #9648 on: May 27, 2024, 08:50:39 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
celtics actually match up well wtih the mavs which is why they've beat them twice in the regular season. NBA is a game of matchups. its how the wolves can beat Denver but lose to mavs. its how Denver would've demolished the mavs in 4-5 games.

they can throw white/jrue on kyrie. and Brown/tatum on luka. Brown did a very good job defending luka in the regular season.

on the offensive side, i'm not sure who they have to stop Tatum/brown. Brown had his way with Luka during the regular season. this isn't taking into account KP or or other options who can score with White/jrue

« Reply #9649 on: May 27, 2024, 08:52:59 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Believe in Boston
I’m really looking forward to the majority of the national media picking Dallas. This will be fun watching them eat it.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #9650 on: May 27, 2024, 08:55:44 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
NBA can’t be loving the potential of two sweeps in the conference finals.  Though a Dallas/Boston Finals is certainly hypeable.
The Finals has been entertaining despite 3-0 lead by both teams..Minnesota & Indiana easily could be up 2-1
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9651 on: May 27, 2024, 09:00:53 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
its pretty simple why Minnesota is losing. their two stars are shrinking in the biggest moments and playing like garbage. honestly thats all it comes down to this time of the year.

KAT is shooting 34% and 16% from 3. if your #2 is doing that its going to be hard to win. ANT isn't exactly shrouding himself in glory either. but I doubt the media will give him the same grief Tatum got for his abysmal finals series that haunts him to this day.

66 points from Kyrie/luka vs. 40 from KAT/ANTman

somehow I doubt Tatum/brown will play as bad.

« Reply #9652 on: May 27, 2024, 09:02:50 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’m really looking forward to the majority of the national media picking Dallas. This will be fun watching them eat it.

It's already happening.  I love being underdogs.  It's shades of 2008.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9653 on: May 27, 2024, 09:18:20 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
National media has waited all year for the Celtics to fail. They will go all in on a Dallas team that they know is not very good. The narrative that Dallas is some sort of great team is a farce.

The narrative that west was so much tougher is a farce.

Denver was the only team that concerned me and would still concern me and they were flawed this season.

« Reply #9654 on: May 27, 2024, 09:18:24 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
The Finals has been entertaining despite 3-0 lead by both teams..Minnesota & Indiana easily could be up 2-1

Indeed.  Very intense games with the exception of Game 2 in our series.  It’s just the idea of missing a weeks worth of action before the Finals start.
Yup

« Reply #9655 on: May 27, 2024, 09:33:00 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
We need to have Minnesota win 4 and 5 so that limits the amount of days Luka has off.

« Reply #9656 on: May 27, 2024, 09:48:25 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039

It's already happening.  I love being underdogs.  It's shades of 2008.

I vividly remember when the ESPN (16 years ago, there weren’t as many options) “expert” picks came out, Tim Legler was the only one that picked the C’s. Everyone had the Lakers winning.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #9657 on: May 27, 2024, 10:27:51 AM »

Online smicker16

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15

Indeed.  Very intense games with the exception of Game 2 in our series.  It’s just the idea of missing a weeks worth of action before the Finals start.

This is me overthinking it, but I am already worried about this fact and that the NBA will desperately want a game 7 in the Finals.  Not a conspiracy guy really, but I do think some favorable whistles will go towards extending the series.  Maybe it will benefit the Cs though in which case I am all for it! 

« Reply #9658 on: May 27, 2024, 10:28:22 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The importance of KP in the finals cannot be overstated. His ability to shoot from 3 is something the Mavs have not seen. Wolves do not have 5 guys that can shoot 3s at a time and zero spacing with KAT and Gobert in there together.

KP also will draw out Gafford and Lively opening up the lane. We already know Luka and Kyrie are mid defenders.

On defense it allows KP to help on Luka and protect the rim seeing Gafford isn't going to be a threat from outside.

« Reply #9659 on: May 27, 2024, 10:36:45 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
  • International Superstar
National media has waited all year for the Celtics to fail.

So have of the regular posters on this forum.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.