Author Topic: Heat (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) ECF Game #3 5/21/22  (Read 37420 times)

Re: Heat (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) ECF Game #3 5/21/22
« Reply #1095 on: May 21, 2022, 11:41:55 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517
Good god, we actually got a ton of free throws in this game and STILL couldn't capitalize

« Reply #1096 on: May 21, 2022, 11:43:12 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
i’m still baffled by tatum’s refusal to participate in the offense. i posted this earlier in this thread but it’s worth repeating: tatum receives the ball on the block with tyler guarding him, no big on D in the paint, plenty of shot clock remaining, and instead of punishing tyler, he attempted a lazy kick out, which was easily stolen at the top of the key for a miami fast break.

jt wilts under pressure and the league is learning that the way to take him out of the game is to get physical with him and he’ll checkout.

all the talent in the world, but as tatum’s head/heart go, so go the c’s.

« Reply #1097 on: May 21, 2022, 11:44:32 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 758
That clown Stephen A. will be cooking Tatum for the next 2 days.

Think about our past stars - Russell and Co., Havlicek, Cowens, JoJo, Bird, McHale, Max, DJ, Parish, Pierce and Garnett - they did not have these constant yo-yo performances, great one night, awful the next. They played with consistency. Tatum is so weak mentally.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #1098 on: May 21, 2022, 11:45:11 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517
i’m still baffled by tatum’s refusal to participate in the offense. i posted this earlier in this thread but it’s worth repeating: tatum receives the ball on the block with tyler guarding him, no big on D in the paint, plenty of shot clock remaining, and instead of punishing tyler, he attempted a lazy kick out, which was easily stolen at the top of the key for a miami fast break.

jt wilts under pressure and the league is learning that the way to take him out of the game is to get physical with him and he’ll checkout.

He looked scared to shoot tonight.

« Reply #1099 on: May 21, 2022, 11:45:24 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550

He didn't exactly attack the hoop much tonight, did he? My guess is that changes in Game 4.

« Reply #1100 on: May 21, 2022, 11:47:31 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
How did we not shave any points off the lead in the 3rd? One of the most inexplicable things I've ever seen

We did and cut it to 9, but then for some odd reason they decided to go back to hoisting a few long 3s and then trying to get cute with the ball.

Jaylen for some odd reason decided to go at 3 Miami defenders (including Bam) AND do a spin move and predictably it ended in a jump ball but probably should have easily been a turnover. Like HUH???

I mean, if that's not considered a TO, then it should be. You win the jump ball - no TO; you lose the jump ball - TO.

There were a lot of great things from Jaylen tonight, but he showed Luke Kornet level handle out there and it cost us the game. He is a leader and an All-Star level player on this team - because of all of his TOs, his points essentially equated to empty stats.

Jaylen and Marcus were the only two reasons we were even close at the end.  None of Jaylen's 40 points were empty tonight.  So at worst you take away an IMAGINARY 14 points that might have happened from the turnovers and he is still our leading scorer.  Yeah Jaylen's handle was bad tonight, but his taking it to the hoop and shooting brought us back big time.  We just crapped the bed with the comeback after cutting it to 1.  Tatum was the player that shouldn't even have gone back in the game.  Brown didn't lose us the game tonight, he was the only reason we had a CHANCE in the 4th.

You can't have 8 TOs (I am counting the lost jump ball as a TO) the way he did. Many of them led to easy point for Miami and they came at just the worst time when we had a chance to make up ground after half time.

I already said it, Jaylen was great shooting the ball, but because of his absolutely atrocious ball-control, his exemplary scoring effort just doesn't mean much. He had a chance to make this a signature Jaylen Brown game, but instead his mistakes directly led to our team losing. It sucks, because it's going to be difficult getting that level of efficiency from him again.

And, yeah, obviously Tatum was awful - like one of the worst playoff 'superstar' performances of all-time awful. At least Jaylen was engaged.

« Reply #1101 on: May 21, 2022, 11:47:45 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 179
I'm questioning his "injury." (Van Gundy called out how his shoulder looked fine when as soon as he came back in he threw his shoulder into someone as a moving screen.)
It looked to me like he wanted to quit and was just trying to find a way to bail.

« Reply #1102 on: May 21, 2022, 11:49:54 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This team goes into long stretches of hero ball and refuses to pass the basketball. It’s maddening

23 Celtics turnovers leading to 33 points.

« Reply #1103 on: May 21, 2022, 11:51:00 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1027
Just put in a $5 bet with my friend on who wins this series.

C's better not let me down this time! Cuz we seriously can win this, it's just the Celtics shooting themselves in the foot more than the Heat playing extraordinarily well on defense.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1104 on: May 21, 2022, 11:53:13 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
Problem being that he and Brown attack recklessly, getting stripped, crashing into defenders, throwing up wild shots.
If the two of them had more smarts, they would attack selectively and not out of control. Pull up sometimes to make the easy pass or a 12-foot jumper. Take what the defense gives you instead of trying to force it through three defenders.

Maybe Ime could teach them these habits ????
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 12:03:16 AM by tenn_smoothie »

« Reply #1105 on: May 21, 2022, 11:55:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm questioning his "injury." (Van Gundy called out how his shoulder looked fine when as soon as he came back in he threw his shoulder into someone as a moving screen.)
It looked to me like he wanted to quit and was just trying to find a way to bail.
You’ve clearly never had a stinger.

Also why would he rush back? Your story is a fairytale
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1106 on: May 21, 2022, 11:55:49 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281

yeah, hate to admit it but i thought the same when it happened. i played with a guy in college who would do the same when he was stinking up the joint. he’d always miraculously heal when the circumstances were right.

the writhing in pain, followed by the head down walk to the locker room, only to return exactly when the team had cut the lead to four, had all the telltale signs.

ime should have kept him on the bench for the remainder.

« Reply #1107 on: May 21, 2022, 11:57:57 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1027
Was probably JT's worst performance of the season

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1108 on: May 21, 2022, 11:58:58 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
In 12 quarters of basketball Miami has won two of them. Boston has won 10.

Celtics are their own worst enemy.

« Reply #1109 on: May 21, 2022, 11:59:22 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
People on here keep complaining about Jaylen Brown's lack of ball handling skills.
I'd say he is pretty good with the ball, his "bag of tricks" dribbling, while useless, is impressive.
The dribbling skill is not the problem - the problem is he tries to go through multiple defenders in thick traffic.
Nobody can do that.