Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020  (Read 182513 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020
« Reply #1875 on: September 27, 2020, 01:52:48 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Lebron showed last night why he is still the best player in the NBA. I mean, it's not even close. He was dominant.  Tip of the cap.

He wouldn't even sniff the Finals if he wasn't riding AD's coattails though.

That's absurd. Did you watch the game last night?  Lebron is leading them to the Finals. It's a partnership between them, and Lebron is the managing partner of the enterprise.  And from all indications, he is not slowing down anytime soon. I thought he'd be breaking down a bit by now, but man, he still a beast.

Lebron was definitely dominant last night but for the most part he’s been carried by AD these playoffs and agree that he wouldn’t be in the finals without him.
Heck he didn’t even make the playoffs last season on his own.

« Reply #1876 on: September 27, 2020, 02:41:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
Lebron showed last night why he is still the best player in the NBA. I mean, it's not even close. He was dominant.  Tip of the cap.

That's absurd. Did you watch the game last night?  Lebron is leading them to the Finals. It's a partnership between them, and Lebron is the managing partner of the enterprise.  And from all indications, he is not slowing down anytime soon. I thought he'd be breaking down a bit by now, but man, he still a beast.

Lebron was definitely dominant last night but for the most part he’s been carried by AD these playoffs and agree that he wouldn’t be in the finals without him.
Heck he didn’t even make the playoffs last season on his own.

Yeah this is what I don't understand. The Lakers literally missed the playoffs last season and went into "tank mode" after March. And people will say it's because Lebron was hurt, but I'm pretty sure he missed only about 18 games and the Lakers were .500 in the other 64 games they played with him. Then of course they happen to add a Top-5 player in the league in Davis and are making a deep playoff run with those two leading the charge.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1877 on: September 27, 2020, 04:06:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3142
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Not absurd at all. He would never have made it past the Rockets if they didn't have AD, and instead had Ingram, Ball and Hart
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1878 on: September 27, 2020, 04:16:45 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 563

Not absurd at all. He would never have made it past the Rockets if they didn't have AD, and instead had Ingram, Ball and Hart
So what?  That doesn't mean AD is the driving force on the Lakers.  No one wins a championship on their own.  AD is the best and best fitting #2 that Lebron has played with in his career but AD is definitely #2 to Lebron on the Lakers. 

« Reply #1879 on: September 27, 2020, 04:43:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

So what?  That doesn't mean AD is the driving force on the Lakers.  No one wins a championship on their own.  AD is the best and best fitting #2 that Lebron has played with in his career but AD is definitely #2 to Lebron on the Lakers.
What was said was "he wouldn't even sniff the Finals if he wasn't riding AD's coattails", and I don't think it's absurd. AD is the best scorer and is by far their most important defensive player. I don't think he's a clear #2 nor do I think that LeBron is the clear #1. It's murky.

« Reply #1880 on: September 27, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »

Offline designmao

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8

What was said was "he wouldn't even sniff the Finals if he wasn't riding AD's coattails", and I don't think it's absurd. AD is the best scorer and is by far their most important defensive player. I don't think he's a clear #2 nor do I think that LeBron is the clear #1. It's murky.

Followed all Lakers playoff games this year (disclosure, Lakers fan) Lebron is definitely 1 to AD’s 2 imho. AD’s game perfectly compliments Lebron’s that is why it allows AD to have more consistent explosive games.

Lebron orchestrates the offense and places his teammates in spots that maximixes their strengths. He can’t really go full Lebron anymore for 48 mins so he has to rely on AD to shoulder more of the load. He has to ride him i would agree.

But, again imho, the success to this years playoff run is because he can be full Lebron long enough when needed for the team to close out the other team plus the confidence he instills on teammates when he is in the court for crucial situations.

« Reply #1881 on: September 27, 2020, 05:14:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Followed all Lakers playoff games this year (disclosure, Lakers fan) Lebron is definitely 1 to AD’s 2 imho. AD’s game perfectly compliments Lebron’s that is why it allows AD to have more consistent explosive games.

Lebron orchestrates the offense and places his teammates in spots that maximixes their strengths. He can’t really go full Lebron anymore for 48 mins so he has to rely on AD to shoulder more of the load. He has to ride him i would agree.

But, again imho, the success to this years playoff run is because he can be full Lebron long enough when needed for the team to close out the other team plus the confidence he instills on teammates when he is in the court for crucial situations.
I believe he's the #1 on offence, given he's their point forward, but I believe he is neither #1 nor #2 on defence for them. That's why I hesitate to say one is more important than the other

« Reply #1882 on: September 27, 2020, 05:19:18 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Lebron is other worldly and almost insane that at 35, he is still playing like a very high calibre superstar.

But I also believe he and the rest of the Lakers never had met a defense so stiffening as the EAST.

Milwaukee alone would be be able to atleast stop them and hold them in terms of points allowed and that team is already eliminated by the Heat.
Both raptors and Cs can also stop them from their sets.

Really would be nice if the Cs could just get over the Heat as I truly believe we have the team to make them work hard. I mean no disrespect to the Heat but should the Heat advance, I do not think for a second they can stop the Lakers .

« Reply #1883 on: September 27, 2020, 05:20:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
Regardless of how these playoffs end, this playoff bubble has been great in getting some much needed, well deserved recognition for the younger guys in this league, like Murray, Jokic, Luka, Smart, Tatum, Jaylen, Herro, OG, Vanvleet, Adebayo, and Donovan Mitchell. I'm really glad the NBA went ahead with the playoffs in this format.

Also, guys like Harden, Westbrook, and Embiid got exposed for what they really are.

« Reply #1884 on: September 27, 2020, 05:26:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Josh Allen looks like a young tom Brady

The bills have a very bright future

« Reply #1885 on: September 27, 2020, 05:32:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
Josh Allen looks like a young tom Brady

The bills have a very bright future

Wrong thread?

« Reply #1886 on: September 27, 2020, 05:38:57 PM »

Offline designmao

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Lebron is other worldly and almost insane that at 35, he is still playing like a very high calibre superstar.

But I also believe he and the rest of the Lakers never had met a defense so stiffening as the EAST.

Milwaukee alone would be be able to atleast stop them and hold them in terms of points allowed and that team is already eliminated by the Heat.

Really would be nice if the Cs could just get over the Heat as I truly believe we have the team to make them work hard. I mean no disrespect to the Heat but should the Heat advance, I do not think for a second they can stop the Lakers .

Yeah. None of the 3 teams the Lakers faced are actually very good on defense compared to either the Heat or Celtics. Surprisingly though, Houston was ranked top 2 in defense in the bubble, but I just didn’t see it. Maybe it was negated by the Lakers length.

The 2 east teams also present different systems in offense. Boston have the more talent in generating points, but correct me if im wrong, they rely more on the individual making plays than the Heat.

« Reply #1887 on: September 27, 2020, 05:46:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Yeah. None of the 3 teams the Lakers faced are actually very good on defense compared to either the Heat or Celtics. Surprisingly though, Houston was ranked top 2 in defense in the bubble, but I just didn’t see it. Maybe it was negated by the Lakers length.

The 2 east teams also present different systems in offense. Boston have the more talent in generating points, but correct me if im wrong, they rely more on the individual making plays than the Heat.
I agree, the defences out West have been really poor. Ironically I thought the Clippers had the defence most suited to defending the Lakers, but they got ahead of themselves. I think both the East teams defences would give the Lakers some serious issues.

The Lakers have not come up against offences like either of ours. The Celtic offence generates lots of open shots for their numerous All-Star calibre players, and I don't think any team, especially the Lakers with their sorry group of wing defenders, would be able to handle it. The Heat team is predicated on a lot of off-ball movement, both by shooters and slashers. Feel like Robinson and Herro would get off the leash against the Lakers.

« Reply #1888 on: September 27, 2020, 08:17:38 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

I agree, the defences out West have been really poor. Ironically I thought the Clippers had the defence most suited to defending the Lakers, but they got ahead of themselves. I think both the East teams defences would give the Lakers some serious issues.

The Lakers have not come up against offences like either of ours. The Celtic offence generates lots of open shots for their numerous All-Star calibre players, and I don't think any team, especially the Lakers with their sorry group of wing defenders, would be able to handle it. The Heat team is predicated on a lot of off-ball movement, both by shooters and slashers. Feel like Robinson and Herro would get off the leash against the Lakers.

Fakers rely heavily on Lebron and AD... Control those two and there is a good chance for victory.

The Heat and Boston create different offensive looks none of which the Lakers have seen so far.

« Reply #1889 on: September 30, 2020, 09:44:39 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Lakers playing pretty well so far tonight. Allowed 11 points for Anthony Davis

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)