Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020  (Read 182264 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020
« Reply #1845 on: September 26, 2020, 11:44:15 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 979
Rondo back in finals with Lakers and Lebron..we have to get there to stop them...

« Reply #1846 on: September 26, 2020, 11:44:44 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
The Celtics are really built to stop the Lakers.

It would be fitting if the Celtics took down the Lakers in the Final, and end LeBron's reign.

Too bad we can't make those claims as we are the team that's down 3-2 to the Miami Heat. Now the C's really need to win Game 6.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1847 on: September 26, 2020, 11:45:09 PM »

• Don Nelson
If this ends up being a Lakers/Heat finals, I'm sure as hell not watching a single minute.

I agree, I would not watch a second..but we will be watching cause we will be there !

« Reply #1848 on: September 26, 2020, 11:46:44 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Sad though, the Nuggets' incredible 3-1 comeback run in the playoffs ended tonight. There was virtually no way LeBron and the refs would've let that happen anyways.

« Reply #1849 on: September 26, 2020, 11:48:05 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Well, at least the Lakers are in for a shellshock when they face us in the Finals and actually face a real defense for once. They've been playing against fairly soft defenses thus far, and we're in another world defensively from Portland, Houston, and Denver, while still being as potent offensively.

Relax, we're still down 3-2 and the worst has yet to come. Heat will regroup after their brutal Game 5 loss. Hopefully, the Celtics show up tomorrow night.

« Reply #1850 on: September 26, 2020, 11:48:59 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 562
Rondo back in finals with Lakers and Lebron..we have to get there to stop them...
If the Lakers do win the championship, I think Rondo would be the first player to have a championship with both the Celtics and the Lakers. 

« Reply #1851 on: September 26, 2020, 11:51:14 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Well, at least the Lakers are in for a shellshock when they face us in the Finals and actually face a real defense for once. They've been playing against fairly soft defenses thus far, and we're in another world defensively from Portland, Houston, and Denver, while still being as potent offensively.

Relax, we're still down 3-2 and the worst has yet to come. Heat will regroup after their brutal Game 5 loss. Hopefully, the Celtics show up tomorrow night.

I like how you said relax and at the same time said the worst is yet to come. ;D

« Reply #1852 on: September 26, 2020, 11:54:23 PM »

• Don Nelson
If the Lakers do win the championship, I think Rondo would be the first player to have a championship with both the Celtics and the Lakers.

That should be illegal therefore cannot happen.

« Reply #1853 on: September 26, 2020, 11:55:41 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Rondo with his second ring. Alex Caruso making the bold move to skip his sister's wedding for an NBA championship. LeBron winning at least one more ring on a third team. Sucks that everything is aligning for them.

« Reply #1854 on: September 27, 2020, 12:09:18 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Lakers closer to their goal.

With what LeBron James means to people BEYOND basketball is becoming even more evident.

They are on the cusp of their 17th Championship, his 4th ring, and FINALLY tying BOS.

The argument can be made THEN that LAL's organization has been more relevant than BOS's. It will be a hard argument to debunk.

While LAL accomplishing this feat WILL BE a TOUGH pill to swallow for ALL that LeBron James has done for the game AND in Standing Tall I'll be happy for him - if he can do it.

« Reply #1855 on: September 27, 2020, 12:16:45 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4599
Gotta wonder if Avery Bradley is regretting his decision to opt out.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1856 on: September 27, 2020, 12:19:56 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 613
Clyde Lovellette won with the Minneapolis Lakers then later with the Celtics.

« Reply #1857 on: September 27, 2020, 12:22:01 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

With what LeBron James means to people BEYOND basketball is becoming even more evident.

They are on the cusp of their 17th Championship, his 4th ring, and FINALLY tying BOS.

The argument can be made THEN that LAL's organization has been more relevant than BOS's. It will be a hard argument to debunk.

While LAL accomplishing this feat WILL BE a TOUGH pill to swallow for ALL that LeBron James has done for the game AND in Standing Tall I'll be happy for him - if he can do it.

I just hate it how it took the Celtics forever to rebuild and slowly get back to the East Finals over time, but the Lakers are able to buy or lure star players to play for them and form a superteam. Then they make the playoffs for the first time in like 7 or 8 years and make their first NBA Finals appearance since 2010 and are on the cusp of winning banner 17. So unfair!!

« Reply #1858 on: September 27, 2020, 12:30:35 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
If this ends up being a Lakers/Heat finals, I'm sure as hell not watching a single minute.

Me neither.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1859 on: September 27, 2020, 12:33:59 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326

I just hate it how it took the Celtics forever to rebuild and slowly get back to the East Finals over time, but the Lakers are able to buy or lure star players to play for them and form a superteam. Then they make the playoffs for the first time in like 7 or 8 years and make their first NBA Finals appearance since 2010 and are on the cusp of winning banner 17. So unfair!!

Yup. They were a trash organization the last 6-8 years, then get LeBron and AD in consecutive offseasons and boom, right back at the top.

Meanwhile, Boston's still "developing."
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis