Author Topic: CB Draft Playoff Matchup - (3)Hawks vs (6)Pacers  (Read 33484 times)

Re: CB Draft Playoff Matchup - (3)Hawks vs (6)Pacers
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
alright i think I have made my case.   Im not getting anything back other than stuff i have already disproved.  Go hawks

Remember, home court advantage, rested players, Phil Jackson and my team can shoot better than 22% from three
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2012, 02:55:26 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
wdleehi has made me a believer.

Have you answered that pick and roll question a while back?

Rondo and Monroe seem like a great combo and Duncan is too slow to stay with Monroe

Its cool man, im sorry I liked Boston more than your team this round
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2012, 02:55:43 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I like the Hawks but Rondo would be a big matchup nightmare for this aged ones.

I'm seeing Pacers, 6 games the most.

What happens when he shoves a referee this series, does Indiana have the ability to bail him out?  I don't think so

What happens when Kobe, Duncan, Hill and Kidd all break down because of age?

Won't happen they got plenty of rest throughout the season significantly down from their average minutes played.  Though Rondo was suspended twice last season for incidents with officials.  And he still can't shoot

And they have to play more games this season.  They are all a year older.  And you are already asking Duncan to play more minutes per game in the playoffs then he did last season.

I have more faith in Rondo not making that mistake again then the miracle of all those guys being healthy.

Miracle for all these guys to be healthy?  Hyperbole much? 

Kobe hasnt missed more than 10 games since 2005

Duncan hasnt missed more than 10 games since 2005

West Hasnt missed more than 10 games since 2007

Hill played 49 games this year would have played more if the suns had been competitive, he played at least 80 games each of the previous 3 seasons

Kidd played 48 games this season and before that played 7 straight 80 game seasons.

With the exception of Hill's injury plagued past this group of professionals has been remarkably healthy and has a great track record of being durable

I didn't say they would be out.  I said what are the chances they are healthy?  Your team is not as deep as the Spurs to allow as much resting.

I broke down how i would be resting my players in my presser, I believe thats why i ended up with the third seed.  My players all played significantly less minutes and I gave duncan several nights off throughout the season.

Your team just doesn't have the depth to do what the Spurs did this past season and still be the third seed.  Too many teams that are too good.

You can say you planned to do it, but I don't see how you could.

I made it very clear in my presser that Iwas reducing minutes and giving duncan nights off throughout the season.  So I did and people still voted me 3rd.  Not my fault that you disagree with that right?

People don't vote based on pressers.  They vote based on name recognition and their opinions of the players. 

« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2012, 02:57:02 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
alright i think I have made my case.   Im not getting anything back other than stuff i have already disproved.  Go hawks

Remember, home court advantage, rested players, Phil Jackson and my team can shoot better than 22% from three

And Remember, Rondo (who is to fast for anyone on that team) gets better every year in the playoffs.

And he does play a lot better when he has to prove something.  Like how he can be the man on a team with out the big three. 

« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

And Remember, Rondo (who is to fast for anyone on that team) gets better every year in the playoffs.

And he does play a lot better when he has to prove something.  Like how he can be the man on a team with out the big three.

And remember Rondo will be driving the lane with 5 or 6 people already in the paint because the pacers have nobody to spread the floor.  Odds are he will be turning the ball over or be forced to shoot jumpshots.  Not a recipe for success

« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

And remember Rondo will be driving the lane with 5 or 6 people already in the paint because the pacers have nobody to spread the floor.  Odds are he will be turning the ball over or be forced to shoot jumpshots.  Not a recipe for success

You really think your guys are fast enough to get back on defense with the guys I have running?

You really think Rondo is going to be a failure to a junk defense plan?

« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2012, 03:03:24 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
wdleehi has made me a believer.

Have you answered that pick and roll question a while back?

Rondo and Monroe seem like a great combo and Duncan is too slow to stay with Monroe

Its cool man, im sorry I liked Boston more than your team this round

Lol its funny how you think i voted for Pacers because you liked Boston more than my team, i voted for the Pacers yesterday, that was before you posted anything on the celtics vs wizards thread

« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

You really think your guys are fast enough to get back on defense with the guys I have running?

You really think Rondo is going to be a failure to a junk defense plan?

I think they will because most of the time you will be trying to run after made baskets.  Your fast but you arent wade/Lebron.

And yes Rondo will not succeed against my team.  You have a nice set of players but they don't function well together or well enough to bring the most out of your best player.

« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Finding it very tough to pick a winner in this one. Close series.