Author Topic: Trade Irving for the sake of the team  (Read 56854 times)

Re: Trade Irving for the sake of the team
« Reply #180 on: January 04, 2019, 02:10:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
When the banner hangs and they retire Kyries number 11 in the rafters.And Ainge has it rank up there with one of his great heists--then will still be downers.Trade Kyie at 26 just entering his prime and finally not playing in pain-to keep Rozier.

We got a top 10 player for an injured IT, Zizic  ,Crowder, and the number 9 draft choice..Nobody on this squad has a resume like Kyrie except maybe potential Jason Tatum.
Kyrie will be in Hall of Fame with his unique maybe best ever skill set.AND you want to trade Kyrie.

Let me ask you... does Carmelo Anthony get into the HOF?

Does Westbrook?

I really dont care about ONE player. This is not 3 on 3 or street ball

It is a team game at the end of the day

And if Kyrie (1) = underutilization of 4 (Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Hayward)

Well guess what...
Wouldn't be against trading Kyrie as long as we get fair value for him. Problem is, we have almost zero leverage in trade talks cause he is about to hit free agency. Chances are that most teams wouldn't feel confident about re-signing him next summer, hence we'd have to find a team willing to take that risk. Good luck with that. In any other case, we'd be trading him for pennies on the dollar. To put it another way, it's practically impossible for the C's to get fair value for Kyrie.

No way would I trade Kyrie ''for multiple 1sts and Jamal Murray or Gary Harris or Buddy Hield or Dennis Smith Jr''. He's way more valuable than that.

Dont you think Cavs tried their best to trade Irving to any other team than the Celts?

His value is not as high as many think here

2 1sts and Jamal Murray is actually better than a fair deal

Nuggets wont do it

I feel like you, and some users here just like to argue for the sake of it, especially when you guys are all 100% incorrect.

Crowder, Isaiah Thomas, top 8 pick, and Zizic was considered an overpayment by half of the blog here.
that just isn't true.  You can look at the threads (some of them with polls) to see that just isn't true.  The vast majority of this blog (and the national media) felt Boston won the trade almost immediately because Irving was the unquestioned best player in the trade.

Many people here were ticked off about giving the Brooklyn pick away.

I felt like that was fair honestly.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2019, 02:51:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
When the banner hangs and they retire Kyries number 11 in the rafters.And Ainge has it rank up there with one of his great heists--then will still be downers.Trade Kyie at 26 just entering his prime and finally not playing in pain-to keep Rozier.

We got a top 10 player for an injured IT, Zizic  ,Crowder, and the number 9 draft choice..Nobody on this squad has a resume like Kyrie except maybe potential Jason Tatum.
Kyrie will be in Hall of Fame with his unique maybe best ever skill set.AND you want to trade Kyrie.

Does Westbrook?

Well guess what...
Wouldn't be against trading Kyrie as long as we get fair value for him. Problem is, we have almost zero leverage in trade talks cause he is about to hit free agency. Chances are that most teams wouldn't feel confident about re-signing him next summer, hence we'd have to find a team willing to take that risk. Good luck with that. In any other case, we'd be trading him for pennies on the dollar. To put it another way, it's practically impossible for the C's to get fair value for Kyrie.

No way would I trade Kyrie ''for multiple 1sts and Jamal Murray or Gary Harris or Buddy Hield or Dennis Smith Jr''. He's way more valuable than that.

Dont you think Cavs tried their best to trade Irving to any other team than the Celts?

Nuggets wont do it

I feel like you, and some users here just like to argue for the sake of it, especially when you guys are all 100% incorrect.

Crowder, Isaiah Thomas, top 8 pick, and Zizic was considered an overpayment by half of the blog here.
that just isn't true.  You can look at the threads (some of them with polls) to see that just isn't true.  The vast majority of this blog (and the national media) felt Boston won the trade almost immediately because Irving was the unquestioned best player in the trade.

Please check the following thread as one of the primary polls regarding this.

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=93184.0

No alternative facts here. We've brought the burden of evidence. Others have brought narratives.
Come on, Clay even that thread said, why do a new poll there was one from yesterday with a few hundred votes in it.  Why not post that one?  Oh you mean because it said the opposite of what you wanted and was a much larger sample size.  Who is bringing evidence again?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2019, 02:56:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397

Does Westbrook?

Well guess what...

Nuggets wont do it

No alternative facts here. We've brought the burden of evidence. Others have brought narratives.
Come on, Clay even that thread said, why do a new poll there was one from yesterday with a few hundred votes in it.  Why not post that one?  Oh you mean because it said the opposite of what you wanted and was a much larger sample size.  Who is bringing evidence again?

Are you talking to me here or a different clay? I was not involved in this convo, but I am CelticsClay!

« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2019, 02:59:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562

Does Westbrook?

Well guess what...

Nuggets wont do it

Are you talking to me here or a different clay? I was not involved in this convo, but I am CelticsClay!
you?  the last post in the thread they linked was you complaining about that thread when there was one from the day before with a couple of hundred of votes.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2019, 03:04:40 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
OP started the Al Horford is mediocre thread in January 2018, the thread proposal was Horford for Dedmon, and then horford balled out in the playoffs...

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=95114.0

that thread was a good luck charm, let's hope history repeats itself with Kyrie  :D

« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2019, 03:06:45 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Hayward and the other guys can shoot and make plays with Kyrie on the floor.  He's not the one stopping them.  They are.  They need to bring the same aggressiveness and confidence when Kyrie is playing.  They and Brad need to figure this out.  The team is not a true contender without Kyrie.

100%

« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2019, 03:52:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397

Does Westbrook?

Well guess what...

Nuggets wont do it

you?  the last post in the thread they linked was you complaining about that thread when there was one from the day before with a couple of hundred of votes.

never mind: I figured it out, the way you wrote it was a bit confusing, but you were trying to say that in that other thread CelticsClay even pointed out that a poll existed with a lot more votes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 04:21:29 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2019, 05:28:31 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Only Kyrie trade I make is if Philly wants to deal Embiid to the Celts for Kyrie to team him up with Butler.

In other words, aiming really high.

Other than that, I keep no. 11 in Boston for life.

And no, I would not trade him for Jamal Murray and 2 picks

« Reply #188 on: January 04, 2019, 06:37:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
OP started the Al Horford is mediocre thread in January 2018, the thread proposal was Horford for Dedmon, and then horford balled out in the playoffs...

that thread was a good luck charm, let's hope history repeats itself with Kyrie  :D

Horford was mediocre and not earning his 30 million last season (regular season)

He earned his money in the playoffs...

So what?...

Irving and issues with these 4 other guys (underutilization/inconsistentcy/5th place in east) right now is real...  nevermind the playoffs

« Reply #189 on: January 04, 2019, 06:40:50 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
I can't believe I read all 13 pages of this thread. lol...I guess I did it for the laughs.

« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2019, 06:41:36 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Horford was mediocre and not earning his 30 million last season (regular season)

So what?...

That's right, you were the one that comically proposed that we should trade Horford for Dedmon. How'd that turn out for you? Let's not even start on your Mickey being better than Bosh takes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 06:48:38 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2019, 06:54:18 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Coaches selected Horford as an all star last season.

« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2019, 07:09:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

So what?...

Irving and issues with these 4 other guys (underutilization/inconsistentcy/5th place in east) right now is real...  nevermind the playoffs
No it isn't. It's a collection of issues you've either made up or mistakenly attributed to our best player
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2019, 07:16:46 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3059
  • On To Banner 18!
Folks don't seem to realize that Kyrie is what we'll really need in the playoffs if we're serious about reaching the Finals. We need that closer/assassin and his experience, especially for the road playoff games (where btw, we were just 1-7 in last year's postseason with the lone away win being in OT @PHI in Game 3).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2019, 07:55:45 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Only Kyrie trade I make is if Philly wants to deal Embiid to the Celts for Kyrie to team him up with Butler.

In other words, aiming really high.

Other than that, I keep no. 11 in Boston for life.

And no, I would not trade him for Jamal Murray and 2 picks
No way they do that. What they might do however is something like this

Kyrie + Bird + Theis for Simmons + Redick + Zhaire Smith

Starting lineup come playoff time

Simmons
Redick
Hayward/Morris
Tatum
Horford

Simmons running the point and 4 shooters stretching the floor. Basically, it's the same system the Bucks are playing this season with Simmons instead of Giannis.

Really love what the Bucks are doing this season with 4 shooters stretching the floor and Giannis running the show as a point forward. Only other player in the league being able to step into Giannis' shoes would be Simmons. They are both close to 7 feet tall. They are both terrible shooters, but elite slashers. They both have great court vision (Simmons is even better than Giannis in that regard).

I know you guys are gonna hate this, but personally speaking I'd be intrigued. But then again, I'm really high on Simmons whereas the consensus on this board is that he is massively overrated.