Author Topic: How to accept Kyrie's Wokeness  (Read 5402 times)

Re: How to accept Kyrie's Wokeness
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2017, 02:59:44 PM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Kyrie is 25 years old and likes the idea of being "more than a basketball player". Outside his bubble, his brand of intellectualism rubs some people as a bit immature. I think that's about all there is to it. Never forget that some of these guys are still fresh out of college with big egos & still sort of discovering the real world. He's probably a bright guy, who also is pretty disconnected from everyday reality... like most young NBA players.

The difference is most precocious 25 year-olds don't have a platform. I bet he matures a bit in Boston under Ainge/ Stevens and with teammates like Brown/Hayward.

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2017, 03:25:33 PM »

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Only a fool would think Kyrie actually believes the earth is flat. Holy Lord are some people gullible.
Have you actually listened to him talk about it?

There is video where he tells the media he was joking.

If you listen to the Road Trippin podcast, it's clear he's not joking.

It was clear he was joking on the podcast. He was the point that we should seek out information for ourselves.

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2017, 03:37:02 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Only a fool would think Kyrie actually believes the earth is flat. Holy Lord are some people gullible.

If you listen to the Road Trippin podcast, it's clear he's not joking.

It was clear he was joking on the podcast. He was the point that we should seek out information for ourselves.

I'm with Donoghus on this one, and I don't think the personal beliefs of a bball player matter, but since the question was raised, talking in a half-joking, ironic way is what many believers in conspiracies do.

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2017, 07:50:36 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Link?
I'd also be interested in a link to this video, because I haven't found it.

If he was just trolling on the podcast, it was pretty elaborate because the statements about conspiracy theories are all kind of wrapped up in his worldview and his teammates act like they've heard this from him before.

It could all be a joke but if it is, he got me good.

EDIT: I'm making my way through Road Trippin (not all the episodes just ones that interest me) and I just listened to episode 14, the first one with Kyrie after the flat-Earther business hit.

They all spend the first part of the podcast defending free thinking. They don't really weigh in on any of the specific theories but it was a defense for thinking outside the mainstream and sounded like he either believes in these theories or, at the very least, is advocating against what we think of as common knowledge.

Anyway, it hits my ears like Kyrie really believes this stuff and thinks everyone's opinion should be respected.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:35:51 PM by Big333223 »
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008