Author Topic: Ford: GMs Think Ainge Really Likes Josh Jackson (Insider)  (Read 46542 times)

Re: Ford: GMs Think Ainge Really Likes Josh Jackson (Insider)
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2017, 12:29:14 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
i love Browns individual potential.   Same can be said about Jacksons

but having these two , on the same team....   top notch

both can guard 1-4 . Both can score 1 on 1 due to their explosiveness

Both get to the line at a high rate.

I'd rather have Fultz and Brown.

Both being able to score 1 on 1 is questionable.

Who cares if u get to the line and can't make em.

If Fultz, Brown and Jackson reach their full potential.  Fultz will be the best player by a mile.

« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2017, 12:30:43 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Josh Jackson will be a huge bust. Stay away
would you care to provide us all with some reasons? rationales? proof? data? reports? anything to nudge this post beyond being an unsupported assertion?

thank you.

I'm willing to share my concerns. First of all, I'd have to define bust, because if bust means wash out of the NBA entirely, it's very unlikely that he busts. However, he could very realistically be nothing more than a mediocre rotation player. Let's start with his defense. It's good, and he has the mindset to play great defense, but he's not the elite defender he's been made out to be. Furthermore, he's skinny and has a short wingspan, which doesn't bode well for his ability to become elite. I think he'll always be a distinctly positive defender, but I doubt he's ever elite, and the idea that he already is is comical. His offense is even scarier. I think we can all agree that Jackson's best offensive skill is his passing. However, his passing really only shines in transition, which is worrisome because what the heck does he offer in the half court. His handle is pretty good, but it's not like he's some super advanced ball-handler. His shot needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Yes, he shot 38% from three. He did that on 90 attempts. His far larger sample from before college is troubling. Couple that with his gnarly FT% and hideous form, and I feel pretty confident in Jackson's inability to shoot. In reviewing Jackson, I've been left with one extremely worrisome question: what is Jackson's avenue to being a successful offensive player? Outside of transition opportunities, I don't see how he becomes one. That's terrifying out of the #3 pick.

I find it telling that all the rabid Jackson supporters refuse (aren't able?) to respond to this.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #197 on: June 17, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

If Fultz, Brown and Jackson reach their full potential.  Fultz will be the best player by a mile.

of course it matters...  opposing teams are over the limit quicker.....specific players in foul trouble ...   your teammates can also get to the line

« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2017, 12:33:01 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
would you care to provide us all with some reasons? rationales? proof? data? reports? anything to nudge this post beyond being an unsupported assertion?

thank you.

I'm willing to share my concerns. First of all, I'd have to define bust, because if bust means wash out of the NBA entirely, it's very unlikely that he busts. However, he could very realistically be nothing more than a mediocre rotation player. Let's start with his defense. It's good, and he has the mindset to play great defense, but he's not the elite defender he's been made out to be. Furthermore, he's skinny and has a short wingspan, which doesn't bode well for his ability to become elite. I think he'll always be a distinctly positive defender, but I doubt he's ever elite, and the idea that he already is is comical. His offense is even scarier. I think we can all agree that Jackson's best offensive skill is his passing. However, his passing really only shines in transition, which is worrisome because what the heck does he offer in the half court. His handle is pretty good, but it's not like he's some super advanced ball-handler. His shot needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Yes, he shot 38% from three. He did that on 90 attempts. His far larger sample from before college is troubling. Couple that with his gnarly FT% and hideous form, and I feel pretty confident in Jackson's inability to shoot. In reviewing Jackson, I've been left with one extremely worrisome question: what is Jackson's avenue to being a successful offensive player? Outside of transition opportunities, I don't see how he becomes one. That's terrifying out of the #3 pick.

I find it telling that all the rabid Jackson supporters refuse (aren't able?) to respond to this.

Exactly, Tp

« Reply #199 on: June 17, 2017, 12:35:24 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum

of course it matters...  opposing teams are over the limit quicker.....specific players in foul trouble ...   your teammates can also get to the line

Of the 3 players - Brown, Jackson and Fultz.  If they all reach their full potential, who will be better?

Also, please respond to max215's statement while ur at it

« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2017, 12:44:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

thank you.

some valid concerns but also you are blowing things out of proportions

Jackson overall FG percentage was over 50 percent.... as wing .. that is tremendous. Shows you that he doesn't take many ill advised shots

He also showed a variety of ways to score the ball...not only via jumpers. 

Defensively ... i guess you missed the memo about his rebounding ability (13 double doubles), shot blocking ability. Plus number of steals he accumulated

So you got a guy able to defend both out in the perimeter and close to the basket. On top of this was able to guard 1-4.  You want to talk about versatility? well this is it

At the NBA level where there is more room to operate ... who is going to easily be able to stay in front of him??

So there is ALOT to like about his game at the next level ...   

« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2017, 12:46:11 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

thank you.

he can't... he just doesn't like his style, the way he shoots the ball

Worst case scenerio. Jackson will be a strong versatile defender. Offensively he will be able to get by his man without much issue , finish at the rim at a high rate, showcase strong passing skills.   No indication he can't make the open J

Iguadala is his floor

I worry about his average length. You say Iggy is his floor, Iggy's  7'0" wingspan helps him to become a much better defender, it could be the difference in being able to swipe away LeBron James' 3PT attempt to tie the game at Game 3. That is not a fixable weakness.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 561

thank you.

Jackson overall FG percentage was over 50 percent.... as wing .. that is tremendous. Shows you that he doesn't take many ill advised shots

Defensively ... i guess you missed the memo about his rebounding ability (13 double doubles), shot blocking ability. Plus number of steals he accumulated

So you got a guy able to defend both out in the perimeter and close to the basket. On top of this was able to guard 1-4.  You want to talk about versatility? well this is it

At the NBA level where there is more room to operate ... who is going to easily be able to stay in front of him??

You forgot to mention his passing which is quite good. 

« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2017, 12:48:04 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

thank you.

Exactly, Tp

The reason I believe in Josh Jackson is in large part because I believe in his ability to be a primary ball handler and creator from the small forward position. He moves quickly and fluidly with the basketball and has very good athleticism and body control.  Add his good passing skills, and I believe you have a guy who you can have play with the ball in his hands at the next level.

Obviously you wouldn't put him in that role full time right away on a Celtics team that already features Isaiah Thomas, but on a team that needs additional slashers, these skills would be useful.  I'd be very excited to watch him grow as an NBA player.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2017, 12:48:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

thank you.

he can't... he just doesn't like his style, the way he shoots the ball

Worst case scenerio. Jackson will be a strong versatile defender. Offensively he will be able to get by his man without much issue , finish at the rim at a high rate, showcase strong passing skills.   No indication he can't make the open J

Iguadala is his floor

I worry about his average length. You say Iggy is his floor, Iggy's  7'0" wingspan helps him to become a much better defender, it could be the difference in being able to swipe away LeBron James' 3PT attempt to tie the game at Game 3. That is not a fixable weakness.

he has a 6'10 wingspan... 40 inch plus max vertical., super quick 2nd jump.... 8'9-8'10 reach

what is it about his length you are worried about?

« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2017, 12:52:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Of the 3 players - Brown, Jackson and Fultz.  If they all reach their full potential, who will be better?

this is fantasy talk... What if Marcus Smart can shoot at even 35 percent from the 3 point line? 

Lets see fultz actually get into a proper low stance and play strong D 1st ...before we talk about full potential. 

Ok let me ask you...right  now who would win in a 1 on 1 game.  Fultz or Jackson??

« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

thank you.

You forgot to mention his passing which is quite good.

sorry  ;D

« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Yeah having Brown at the two and Jackson at the 3, coming off the bench with Smart.....Talk about smothering defense.

« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2017, 12:59:51 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

this is fantasy talk... What if Marcus Smart can shoot at even 35 percent from the 3 point line? 

Lets see fultz actually get into a proper low stance and play strong D 1st ...before we talk about full potential. 

Ok let me ask you...right  now who would win in a 1 on 1 game.  Fultz or Jackson??
this is fantasy talk...what if Mickey can block shots like Bill Russell?

Let's see if Jackson can even shoot nba threes and play better offense than Marcus Smart 1st...before we talk about his full potential.

Ok let me ask you...right now who would win in a 1 on 1 game? Fultz or Jackson?  ::)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2017, 01:03:22 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

lebron says he's a bad one on one player. Game is 5 on 5

Jackson can't shoot