Author Topic: Ford: GMs Think Ainge Really Likes Josh Jackson (Insider)  (Read 46767 times)

Re: Ford: GMs Think Ainge Really Likes Josh Jackson (Insider)
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2017, 11:06:29 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
When I found out he can't shoot it all made sense. Danny talks about shooting and scoring all the time but he continually drafts players that can't do either. A team full of Marcus Smarts gets you nothing in the NBA.

« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2017, 11:13:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When I found out he can't shoot it all made sense. Danny talks about shooting and scoring all the time but he continually drafts players that can't do either. A team full of Marcus Smarts gets you nothing in the NBA.

So what you are saying is...take out Smart and we would have still had the same success last season

we win game 3 against the Cavs

right?

« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2017, 11:17:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Josh Jackson will be a huge bust. Stay away
would you care to provide us all with some reasons? rationales? proof? data? reports? anything to nudge this post beyond being an unsupported assertion?

thank you.

he can't... he just doesn't like his style, the way he shoots the ball

Worst case scenerio. Jackson will be a strong versatile defender. Offensively he will be able to get by his man without much issue , finish at the rim at a high rate, showcase strong passing skills.   No indication he can't make the open J

Iguadala is his floor

« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2017, 11:31:14 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
would you care to provide us all with some reasons? rationales? proof? data? reports? anything to nudge this post beyond being an unsupported assertion?

thank you.

I'm willing to share my concerns. First of all, I'd have to define bust, because if bust means wash out of the NBA entirely, it's very unlikely that he busts. However, he could very realistically be nothing more than a mediocre rotation player. Let's start with his defense. It's good, and he has the mindset to play great defense, but he's not the elite defender he's been made out to be. Furthermore, he's skinny and has a short wingspan, which doesn't bode well for his ability to become elite. I think he'll always be a distinctly positive defender, but I doubt he's ever elite, and the idea that he already is is comical. His offense is even scarier. I think we can all agree that Jackson's best offensive skill is his passing. However, his passing really only shines in transition, which is worrisome because what the heck does he offer in the half court. His handle is pretty good, but it's not like he's some super advanced ball-handler. His shot needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Yes, he shot 38% from three. He did that on 90 attempts. His far larger sample from before college is troubling. Couple that with his gnarly FT% and hideous form, and I feel pretty confident in Jackson's inability to shoot. In reviewing Jackson, I've been left with one extremely worrisome question: what is Jackson's avenue to being a successful offensive player? Outside of transition opportunities, I don't see how he becomes one. That's terrifying out of the #3 pick.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2017, 11:33:28 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

thank you.

Worst case scenerio. Jackson will be a strong versatile defender. Offensively he will be able to get by his man without much issue , finish at the rim at a high rate, showcase strong passing skills.   No indication he can't make the open J

Iguadala is his floor

I dont think he has earned iggy as a floor. His floor is corey brewer, another athletic long D guy who flashed enough 3 pt shooting from the college line to shoot up to 7th overall.

Iggy would be the satisfying outcome

Prime Artest but fir longer without the crazy is probably ceiling.

« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2017, 12:02:39 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

thank you.

Iguadala is his floor

I dont think he has earned iggy as a floor. His floor is corey brewer, another athletic long D guy who flashed enough 3 pt shooting from the college line to shoot up to 7th overall.

Iggy would be the satisfying outcome

Prime Artest but fir longer without the crazy is probably ceiling.
He is nowhere near Artests size and stature. About 35lbs apart at the same age. JJ is not particulary long nor has the frame to defend 4s. Iggy and Artest did.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2017, 12:06:26 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

thank you.

Iguadala is his floor

I said his comp was Shawn Marion and that would be more than fine.

« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2017, 12:08:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

thank you.

Iguadala is his floor

I said his comp was Shawn Marion and that would be more than fine.

Marion is good. Antawn Jamieson another good comparison I have seen

« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2017, 12:10:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
looks good?  ;D

« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2017, 12:13:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

thank you.

Iguadala is his floor
Iggy is way too high a floor for Jackson. His floor is more like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Remember, Iggy is a former All-Star and Finals MVP that used to average 18/5/5 with All-Defense quality defense. I will say he has huge upside if he can fix his shot and eventually shoot .45/.40/.75.

« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2017, 12:15:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

thank you.

Iguadala is his floor
Iggy is way too high a floor for Jackson. His floor is more like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Remember, Iggy is a former All-Star and Finals MVP that used to average 18/5/5 with All-Defense quality defense. I will say he has huge upside if he can fix his shot and eventually shoot .45/.40/.75.

MKG is overrated.... what kind of guard skills does he have??  he can't dribble, can't pass, can't shoot

He is good for putting his head down, sacrificing his body and being a regular on the injured list

« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

Josh Jackson = some combination of......

Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer,Jeff Green, MKG, Stanley Johnson, Justice Winslow, Aaron Gordon.

Guess what people, we have one of those already.  His name is Jaylen Brown!

« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2017, 12:19:48 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Trying to find out what kind of player Jackson and fultz will be is something fictional...  if I say he has bias LeBron or just kidchrist talent it will be just a guess...  It depends from his workhabbits and will where he will reach

« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2017, 12:21:15 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Jaylen will play sg-sf and Jackson sf-pf

« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
i love Browns individual potential.   Same can be said about Jacksons

but having these two , on the same team....   top notch

both can guard 1-4 . Both can score 1 on 1 due to their explosiveness

Both get to the line at a high rate.