Author Topic: Fultz vs Ball - who is the best pg of the 2017 draft?  (Read 18069 times)

Re: Fultz vs Ball - who is the best pg of the 2017 draft?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2016, 03:36:06 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Does anyone have an issue with Ball's shot? It is not pretty.

Guys like Shawn Marion made careers without a textbook shooting stroke. Do you think there's time for him to revamp his fundamentals between the end of the season and his first year in the pros?

The only concern that seems legitimate to me is that he's really going to struggle to pull-up when going to his right.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2016, 03:47:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Does anyone have an issue with Ball's shot? It is not pretty.

Guys like Shawn Marion made careers without a textbook shooting stroke. Do you think there's time for him to revamp his fundamentals between the end of the season and his first year in the pros?

The only concern that seems legitimate to me is that he's really going to struggle to pull-up when going to his right.

He can just dribble going right and fade left then

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Fultz is a 6'4 version of Chris Paul. Perennial All Star in the NBA.

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2016, 04:42:14 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Well Fultz is almost a guarantee for the first overall pick. He could be a top five scorer in the league and give you 8 assist per game.

Ball does not have that potential, however Ball is a better rebounder, passer, and has a higher IQ on offense and defense.

He's a pure point and my binkie right now.

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2016, 06:06:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Well Fultz is almost a guarantee for the first overall pick. He could be a top five scorer in the league and give you 8 assist per game.

Ball does not have that potential, however Ball is a better rebounder, passer, and has a higher IQ on offense and defense.

He's a pure point and my binkie right now.

Both are good pg prospects... I guess Fultz would fit better under cbs system (likes guards who can score and pf/c who can stretch floor/pass)

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2016, 10:46:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Fultz is a 6'4 version of Chris Paul. Perennial All Star in the NBA.

What about Ball?

Ball is a slick ba handler and much better shooter than i thought. Has long range

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2016, 10:58:37 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 769
Strength: Fultz
Quickness: Fultz
Explosiveness: Fultz
Length: Toss-up
Shooting: Fultz
Pull-up/Mid-range: Fultz
Driving/Finishing: Fultz
Passing: Toss-up (This is where I get the most flack. Ball has a lot of assists this year, but Fultz has a lot too. In my opinion, if Fultz had more talent on his roster or if Ball replaced Fultz in Washington, the numbers would be comparable)
Defense: Ball
Pizazz: Ball

I definitely think that Fultz is a safer pick. That being said, Ball is a special player who, in the right situation, could be really, really special.

He is not the same player as Curry, but they both have that same electricity around them. If that is unleashed in the right way, Ball could be an all-star.

But I think Ball's transition to the NBA could be difficult.

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2016, 11:21:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Passing: Toss-up (This is where I get the most flack. Ball has a lot of assists this year, but Fultz has a lot too. In my opinion, if Fultz had more talent on his roster or if Ball replaced Fultz in Washington, the numbers would be comparable)

I definitely think that Fultz is a safer pick. That being said, Ball is a special player who, in the right situation, could be really, really special.

He is not the same player as Curry, but they both have that same electricity around them. If that is unleashed in the right way, Ball could be an all-star.

Ball is quicker and more explosive..

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2016, 11:31:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
I worry that Fultz is another Jamarcus Russell whom the media anointed as the next best thing. Ball seems more special to me.

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2016, 11:35:35 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Who's Curry? They're in no way similar if you are talking about Steph. If they were we wouldn't be talking about who we should pick if we got the 1st pick. It would be Ball. But since they're not at all alike then I would still pick 10x's out of 10. Back in July I stated that I really liked Josh Jackson but that at the end of the day Fultz is probably the best player in this draft and I still feel that is the case. But I really like Jackson. A lot of people are not impressed with him but he'll be a very productive pro. I know we have Jae/Jaylen but JoshJack and even Tatum are bigger players (which also helps on the boards, Tatum can really board) then them and I think will be every bit as good if not better.

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2016, 12:08:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I worry that Fultz is another Jamarcus Russell whom the media anointed as the next best thing. Ball seems more special to me.

Fultz imo is Lillard part 2. Can score in a variety of ways. Crafty. Both come from weak programs

Ball is like a better shooting less advance defensive version of Kidd. 

You cant go wrong with either. But I do like Ball a little more for some reason

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2016, 12:20:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2016, 01:03:30 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

I disagree with you there, especially considering Fultz is playing with 20 more pounds.

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2016, 01:04:44 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

Who's Curry? They're in no way similar if you are talking about Steph. If they were we wouldn't be talking about who we should pick if we got the 1st pick. It would be Ball. But since they're not at all alike then I would still pick 10x's out of 10. Back in July I stated that I really liked Josh Jackson but that at the end of the day Fultz is probably the best player in this draft and I still feel that is the case. But I really like Jackson. A lot of people are not impressed with him but he'll be a very productive pro. I know we have Jae/Jaylen but JoshJack and even Tatum are bigger players (which also helps on the boards, Tatum can really board) then them and I think will be every bit as good if not better.

I pretty clearly said they are not the same player, but that doesn't mean they don't share a similar quality: their electricity.

They both have that to their game, even if their games are different.

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2016, 01:21:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I disagree with you there, especially considering Fultz is playing with 20 more pounds.

So how do we know then? Only sure thing is what we can see now

I havent seen Fultz dunk once. And he doesnt have ease getting past his man outside of doing it in a crafty manner/utilize picks. He is not slow and can use strength to build momentum.. but...

Ball can nail alley hoop dunks.  Can get past his man. Rebound quicker to the ball than many big players