Author Topic: The Great Boogie Heist (New Simmons Article)  (Read 7966 times)

Re: The Great Boogie Heist (New Simmons Article)
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2016, 11:35:51 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The positive scenario is more believable, though I doubt they can swing both those deals for Cousins and Wall.

The biggest problem with Cousins is the media hates him. That can be trouble in Boston.
Some writer out there in Sacramento went tabloid on him for his after hours activities, and Boogie went ballistic. Now the media is calling for the NBA to penalize him. The media has a lot of clout in sports these days, because that's where the $millions come from these guys get to play.

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2016, 12:05:02 AM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
This does make a lot of sense.

Cousins and Wall are on record saying they want to be on the same team.

Where do I sign up for that?

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2016, 12:17:53 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I understand not liking the media but you can't get into with a guy for writing a story. It's their jobs. Cousins is a bully and I can understand a franchise not wanting a guy like that.

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2016, 12:20:28 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 628
The positive scenario is more believable, though I doubt they can swing both those deals for Cousins and Wall.

The biggest problem with Cousins is the media hates him. That can be trouble in Boston.
Some writer out there in Sacramento went tabloid on him for his after hours activities, and Boogie went ballistic. Now the media is calling for the NBA to penalize him. The media has a lot of clout in sports these days, because that's where the $millions come from these guys get to play.
Exactly, and on the other side of the coin this is what makes it harder to trade away IT.. he is so media friendly

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2016, 01:16:29 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Exactly, and on the other side of the coin this is what makes it harder to trade away IT.. he is so media friendly

Agree on both accounts.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2016, 10:57:04 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I understand not liking the media but you can't get into with a guy for writing a story. It's their jobs. Cousins is a bully and I can understand a franchise not wanting a guy like that.

Cousins went ballistic because the guy talked about his brother in the story. At that point, to him, it ceased to be a sports story.

The media is loaded with writers who have agendas. Creating controversy is a common agenda.
Boogie is a hot button target. He should realize that.

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2016, 11:02:38 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think an individual has every right to call out someone in the media if they feel the person is in the wrong. The media is not above reproach.

Cousins' approach here may not have been ideal, but often times the media acts as verbal bullies. Just as bad as far as I am concerned.

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2016, 01:50:39 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
https://theringer.com/nba-sliding-doors-demarcus-cousins-boston-celtics-good-boogie-967f2f1b26e4

Sliding doors type article written from the perspective of a couple of seasons down the line.

Bill thinks it will take Brooklyn’s 2017 lottery pick, Marcus Smart, Amir Johnson, and two protected first-rounders to get it done.

He also envisages the Celtics trading Isaiah and the Nets 2018 pick for John Wall.

I'm in - lets do it.