Author Topic: The Great Boogie Heist (New Simmons Article)  (Read 7969 times)

Re: The Great Boogie Heist (New Simmons Article)
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2016, 05:18:53 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
This was cringe-worthy writing on the level of Rick Reilly.  I want us to trade for Boogie but this was some weird fan fiction straight from a part of Simmons's imagination I never want another glimpse of.

Nice observation.  I've read that some of the more progressive consumers have even come up with a term for the style -- "humor."  :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2016, 05:51:37 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
This was cringe-worthy writing on the level of Rick Reilly.  I want us to trade for Boogie but this was some weird fan fiction straight from a part of Simmons's imagination I never want another glimpse of.

Nice observation.  I've read that some of the more progressive consumers have even come up with a term for the style -- "humor."  :)

Didn't miss its intent. It just wasn't funny.

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2016, 06:01:35 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

Didn't miss its intent. It just wasn't funny.

I don't think the intent was for it to be funny. It seems like it's just a thought exercise in what's the worst that could happen/what's the the best that could happen that he fleshed out into a two-part article. When you're executive editor you can do these sorts of things, even though it seems like it belongs on a blog. I thought it was interesting.

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2016, 01:32:34 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
It's interesting.  I just don't necessarily value Simmons opinion more than anyone else's just because he has his own website.  Some  opposing GM's might find those offers insulting as well giving up their franchise players and all.  It's just a dream.  Always been a fan of freedom of expression but there are people in this world who's opinions are just as valid as Simmons.

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2016, 05:10:49 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
IT, Crowder, 18 nets pick plus any combination of Amir, Zeller, KO, Yab, Green, Young.  We select a pg in the  17 draft.  Sign Hayward. They will probably want Smart.

The boogie stuff is crazy right now.  Simmons is basically just doing the same.

And no I don't think that is too much to give up for Boogie.   We get Boogie it's a heist regardless.  Especially if we actually manage to keep smart and draft a pg next year and sign a guy like Hayward.

Smart, Rookie 17 pick
Bradley, Rozier?
Hayward, Brown
Horford, Yabusele, jerebko
Cousins, Zizic, Amir

They can even have the 17 pick too if we keep Rozier and certain guys of our choice and forcefeed them zeller and KO.  Play Brown at the 2 and 3 and 4.

Smart is garbage: can't shoot, pass, dribble not even make a free throw or get to the rim. You're trading IT & having Smart & Rozier as your primary & you're headed to the lottery or fighting for the 8th seed every year. We need Isaiah more than you, fans, will ever know. Team will pack the paint, free agents won't come.

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2016, 05:17:05 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5

They can even have the 17 pick too if we keep Rozier and certain guys of our choice and forcefeed them zeller and KO.  Play Brown at the 2 and 3 and 4.

Didn't saw that ****. You choose Rozier over the #17 nets pick!! I can't believe that 😂😂😂😂

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2016, 05:29:17 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Didn't saw that ****. You choose Rozier over the #17 nets pick!! I can't believe that 😂😂😂😂

How is that team headed to the lottery?  Bradley, Hayward and Rozier can't shoot? Horford can't? Yabusele can't?  It's a bigger and more physical team. All those guys shoot good percentages and with range. Even Cousins steps out. That was my intent to make our team more physical and bigger. 

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2016, 05:30:35 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
IT, Crowder, 18 nets pick plus any combination of Amir, Zeller, KO, Yab, Green, Young.  We select a pg in the  17 draft.  Sign Hayward. They will probably want Smart.

The boogie stuff is crazy right now.  Simmons is basically just doing the same.

And no I don't think that is too much to give up for Boogie.   We get Boogie it's a heist regardless.  Especially if we actually manage to keep smart and draft a pg next year and sign a guy like Hayward.

Smart, Rookie 17 pick
Bradley, Rozier?
Hayward, Brown
Horford, Yabusele, jerebko
Cousins, Zizic, Amir

Smart is garbage: can't shoot, pass, dribble not even make a free throw or get to the rim. You're trading IT & having Smart & Rozier as your primary & you're headed to the lottery or fighting for the 8th seed every year. We need Isaiah more than you, fans, will ever know. Team will pack the paint, free agents won't come.

Agree with all except with Smart being garbage. Smart is a great young player, but only as a team player, not an individual, and we need more than a team player at the moment. Isiaiah's absence says all about our team.

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2016, 05:32:18 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Smart has the ability to start on a lot of teams including ours. If we are getting Cousins and Hayward we wouldn't need both nets picks was the point there.  We have Brown we are developing and would be bringing guys  over as well. Plus Rozier. And Smart.

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2016, 05:35:03 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Smart has the ability to start on a lot of teams including ours. If we are getting Cousins and Hayward we wouldn't need both nets picks was the point there.  We have Brown we are developing and would be bringing guys  over as well. Plus Rozier. And Smart.

Let's say he could be our new Tony Allen. That's his reach and I'm fine with that. But if bringing a star means he has to be traded, than I'm fine with that, too.

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2016, 05:37:41 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Smart, Bradley, Hayward, Horford and Cousins would not be headed to the lottery.  With Zizic, Yab, Rozier and Brown as well. Unless Cousins is a problem here.

The point is I'm willing to give up IT and the nets picks if it equals 3 stars instead of 2.  And one superstar which would  be cousins in this case.  just going with simmons dream that he is.  And that he is open to trading IT.

Our 3 stars would be Horford, Cousins and Hayward with Smart, Bradley, Brown, Yab, Zizic etc...

I don't buy that we are getting JOhn Wall and Cousins for what Simmons is offering.   I think it would take a haul to get either team like that to trade their franchise player.  We could sign Hayward though if we did that.

Like i said I would just take Smart. It could be IT instead.  We can just sign Hayward too but was more trying to get a superstar in Cousins vs  having IT, Hayward and Horford.

I have my own questions on Cousins if he is even that but just going with what Simmons said.

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2016, 05:45:47 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
We'd still have Brown and Smart too.  So Horford, Hayward, Cousins.  Plus those guys and Bradley.  That's a good amount of star power.  Not headed to the  lottery. Rozier would be our guard off the bench. Yabusele etc.  None of those guys can shoot? We'd be bigger and more physical yes.

We may actually share the ball better with Smart at pg and Hayward at SF.  He's a pretty good passer.  There's some debate whether having IT is better when we have Brown though coming.

I don't get trading IT for Wall.  I'd rather just keep IT or Smart. Or both for that matter. 

Giving up a combination of picks and players  is what it would take imo if Sac even decides to trade him..

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:56:20 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2016, 05:54:05 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
So he does Nets '17, Smart, Amir and 2 protected picks for Cousins, then IT and Nets 18 for Wall.

If I try to be objective I say that to get Cousins would need the Nets 18 as well. Or Jaylen Brown but his trajectory would fit better with this championship team.

So if you kept IT instead of Wall then the top 10 rotation entering the playoffs would be:
IT/Rozier
Bradley
Crowder/Brown
Horford/Jerebko
Cousins/KO/Zeller

Probably not winning a championship that year but great to get excited for. Then we'd have the Zeller trade chip to look for a tall guard because that backcourt is tiny. Brown could play the 2 I guess but I'd imagine you'd want more size. Perhaps Rodney Hood as people keep going on about him being a missed opportunity? Perhaps James Young finally becomes that player and we re-sign him?

Getting John Wall as well is a fantasy but that package could definitely get us Cousins this year imo

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2016, 05:59:49 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Yeah IT, Bradley, Even Hayward over Crowder, or either, Horford, Cousins works.  I was thinking with Smart not enough balls to go around. But Crowder for Hayward same thing.

I'd rather Smart at Pg than Crowder at SF but  that's me.

It is a pipedream but just my take on it is all.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:10:06 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2016, 06:29:31 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 628
Why oh Why do a loathe ye so, Simmons?

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.