Author Topic: The Great Boogie Heist (New Simmons Article)  (Read 7970 times)

Re: The Great Boogie Heist (New Simmons Article)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 02:56:25 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Simmons is a fluff writer imo.  He writes a lot of fluff. He likes to pretend he's the guy who came up with this stuff too when a lot of people want these guys.

There is no way we are getting Boogie for that.

First it would take Sac wanting to trade him.

Second it would have to be something that allows them to rebuild and a haul.  Like IT or Smart, Crowder, multiple players and young pieces too plus multiple picks.

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 03:02:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1400
That's the thing with Simmons and C's fans.  Yes some fans overvalue guys. These trades where we get so and so for that are not reality.  Mine are much more plausible.  People think we are just going to trade this or that and teams are going to jump at it.  That's n ot how it works.  To get Boogie it's going to take a haul and they actually have to want to move him.

The same with Noel.  If we could get him for a late pick that would be done.  GM's are not that whatever people think they are.

To make these things happen it's a haul and a process.

You may right at a larger level but you are just flat out wrong on Noel. He has 4.5 months left on a reasonable deal. He has been injured all year. He came back for one game immediately got injured. He already missed an entire season and had another season cut short by injury. On top of that he has publicly complained about his role and annoyed his GM and fans. Now woj, who most of respect about as much as anyone that covers the NBA has come out and pointed out that he has very low value. I generally agree with you that fans will overvalue their own players and the trades they offer. In the case of Noel this is just not the case.

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 03:05:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That's the thing with Simmons and C's fans.  Yes some fans overvalue guys. These trades where we get so and so for that are not reality.  Mine are much more plausible.  People think we are just going to trade this or that and teams are going to jump at it.  That's n ot how it works.  To get Boogie it's going to take a haul and they actually have to want to move him.

The same with Noel.  If we could get him for a late pick that would be done.  GM's are not that whatever people think they are.

To make these things happen it's a haul and a process.

The kind of trade that typically happens is one where people from both fanbases involved could find reason to think it's bad for one side or the other.  That's typically what you get after a negotiation.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2016, 03:09:34 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
A lot of these writers themselves are fans of their team and write stuff to create leverage.  It's not the reality of it is all.  Some fans think it is. They are biased and full of it lol.  Why  philly saying so and so on noel means nothing to me.  Same with Simmons on Cousins.  He's a boston fan i get this but he's also insane.

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 03:13:19 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
 I would trade my left n ut for Boogie.  I'd give up all I said I would if Sac decides to trade him.   I also think it will take a haul like that.  I'd try my best to hang onto Smart though.  I can see where people would rather IT but that's just me.

It would also have to entail us getting a guy like Hayward  this offseason as a free agent if we were to lose IT in the deal.

Even better keep IT, get hayward and have Horford and Boogie but that might not be plausible where we'd have to give up Smart as well as Crowder plus multiple picks and young players plus contracts.

I'd trade IT before I'd trade Smart.  I stand by that.  That's me though.

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 03:21:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
If Danny could get him for some players and 1 net pick ....I bet he would have already done the deal

I guessing they want both Nets picks and some bench players thrown in.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2016, 03:31:26 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 384
this "article" is actually depressing...Tyler Zeller will be our center when the playoffs start.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2016, 03:32:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1400
A lot of these writers themselves are fans of their team and write stuff to create leverage.  It's not the reality of it is all.  Some fans think it is. They are biased and full of it lol.  Why  philly saying so and so on noel means nothing to me.  Same with Simmons on Cousins.  He's a boston fan i get this but he's also insane.

I honestly don't understand how you think Noel has value. He can't stay healthy, is due a huge raise, and is limited on one side of the ball. If woj is lying or whatever why do you think teams would want him so badly?

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2016, 03:44:36 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
oh i definately don't think teams are rushing for noel.  I think woj writing that is just philly trying to put pressure on teams that might want him though to offer more saying we will take less if we have to.

I don't think anything is happening with Noel until the deadline anyways unless someone offers Philly something good.  It's just teams trying to create leverage.

I don't think Philly is going sell Noel for crap now either though.

He has value. PArticularly as a basketball player.  He may be a guy who ends up going for less.. He's one of those tweener guys which may hurt his value.

He's not a star and he's not an overpaid vet you get on the cheap.  he's not IT or Crowder either you get cheap.  He's just a good player.  A bit overrated. He's not avery bradley good.  He's better than what we have though. He's twice as good as KO, Zeller or Amir.  Probably deserving of a contract in the 8-13 million range.  Those guys aren't.

I think Noel is a nice player period.  A bit overrated where he could fall off in his career in a bad situation.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:01:10 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2016, 03:59:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Your mindset seems to be that the masses should believe nothing from credible individuals based on unknown ulterior motives and only what you say. Seems reasonable.

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2016, 04:02:22 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I never said that. Thinking Bill Simmons is credible is funny though.  When was the last time Simmons was right about much of anything?  I'd say he bats about 10 percent.

He is wrong a lot.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2016, 04:06:38 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I never said that. Thinking Bill Simmons is credible is funny though.  When was the last time Simmons was right about much of anything?  I'd say he bats about 10 percent.

He is wrong a lot.

I'm referring to your other thoughts, notably Woj's insight on Noel. It's funny to have such conviction without substance.

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2016, 04:08:03 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

He is wrong a lot.

I'm referring to your other thoughts, notably Woj's insight on Noel. It's funny to have such conviction without substance.

You are saying that but has Noel been moved to Minny? Same with Cousins for that matter.

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2016, 04:16:40 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'm not even saying I'm right.  Just reading between the lines is all.  People can disagree.   That's how I value these guys in ways.

Not even saying we should trade for Noel. I'd much rather Boogie and think Ainge should wait it out himself.

We aren't getting Boogie for that though.  Sac also has to want to trade him. Boogie also has some questions as far as his attitude but I don't mind that so much.  I wouldn't say absolutely no because of that.

Maybe i just am right on certain things and hard to disagree.  Probably more that.  It's not meant that way. people can take that the wrong way though.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:26:09 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 04:28:45 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
This was cringe-worthy writing on the level of Rick Reilly.  I want us to trade for Boogie but this was some weird fan fiction straight from a part of Simmons's imagination I never want another glimpse of.