Author Topic: Durant Meeting (Merged)  (Read 171702 times)

Re: Durant meeting
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2016, 04:35:14 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/7/2/12088198/kevin-durant-free-agent-rumor-nba-kendrick-perkins-boston-celtics

dis is a good point

From the same article:
"I don't care about commercials, I don't really care about this sh--, I just want to hoop," Durant recently told ESPN. "So all that stuff doesn't really matter to me. It's all about who I'm gonna play with, what type of people I'm going to be around every single day and I'll go from there."

Maybe that's the reason the Celtics brought half their team.
Here's my big question...   I see Oly and Smart... I hear about Jae and Thomas being there.   

What about Avery Bradley?

If Bradley isn't there, it's because, unfortunately, the Celtics know that any trade for another star (after signing Durant and Horford) is going to REQUIRE we include Bradley's 8.3 million dollar contract.  So it wouldn't make much sense to have Bradley come when part of our pitch might literally be, "KD, we have options on the table... we could overpay for ____, we could trade for ____,  we could even trade for _____."

Let me know if anyone has a Bradley sighting, because that would surprise me.

There's no info that says that Bradley isn't there right? We didn't even know Marcus and Kelly were going to be there until this photo surfaced.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2016, 04:35:26 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/7/2/12088198/kevin-durant-free-agent-rumor-nba-kendrick-perkins-boston-celtics

dis is a good point

From the same article:
"I don't care about commercials, I don't really care about this sh--, I just want to hoop," Durant recently told ESPN. "So all that stuff doesn't really matter to me. It's all about who I'm gonna play with, what type of people I'm going to be around every single day and I'll go from there."

Here's my big question...   I see Oly and Smart... I hear about Jae and Thomas being there.   

If Bradley isn't there, it's because, unfortunately, the Celtics know that any trade for another star (after signing Durant and Horford) is going to REQUIRE we include Bradley's 8.3 million dollar contract.  So it wouldn't make much sense to have Bradley come when part of our pitch might literally be, "KD, we have options on the table... we could overpay for ____, we could trade for ____,  we could even trade for _____."

Avery would have been nice. But I don't think he's the kind of guy to really recruit. You know? He seems a bit more quiet, doesn't speak out a lot. That's why I think they brought the guys they brought.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2016, 04:36:07 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

dis is a good point

From the same article:

That, or he could be busy and they'll call him in.

http://averybradleycamps.com/

« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2016, 04:37:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
How is our meeting with Durant going? Did we take anyone from Harvard? MIT?

LOL !!!!

« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2016, 04:38:08 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 294
If Tom Brady convinces Durant to come to the Celtics I will officially become neutral on Tom Brady (dramatically shifting from my extreme dislike of Tom Brady).

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2016, 04:38:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

dis is a good point

From the same article:

There's no info that says that Bradley isn't there right? We didn't even know Marcus and Kelly were going to be there until this photo surfaced.

I'm just telling you point-blank that we can't pitch the idea of "trading for another impact star" with Bradley in the room.   It's just not possible.  Financially, it can't work unless we include Bradley's 8.3 million dollars.   So Boston has two options.

#1 - Bring Bradley:  "These are our guys.  We Believe in our guys.  This is our team.   With you, we can win."

#2 - Don't bring Bradley:  "We believe in our guys, but just so you know - we have options on the table to make an upgrade.  We have picks and contracts that teams want.   We want your input on who you'd like to play with ... Jimmy Butler for instance.  If we are willing to overpay, we believe we can get him"

Same reason why I wouldn't expect Paul Pierce to be part of the Clippers pitch to Durant.   The only way they can free up enough money to sign Durant is by dumping PIerce's contract.

Tom Brady seen with Celtics before Durant meeting
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2016, 04:39:58 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
http://nesn.com/2016/07/tom-brady-seen-with-celtics-before-kevin-durant-free-agent-meeting/

Sorry...i thought this deserved its own thread...

I call that rolling out the red carpet...

« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2016, 04:40:04 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 628
I just hope KD doesnt get intimidated by Brady and get turned off like the meeting wasnt about basketball

Yeah, tp. Guys like durant make waaaaaaaay mo$ When they win nowadays. Brad, ainge, IT, maybe bae.... Talk basketball. "We had a lot of Celtic greats who wanted to be here, but we felt they would have distracted from our real discussion of how we are going to dominate"
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2016, 04:40:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

dis is a good point

From the same article:

I'm just telling you point-blank that we can't pitch the idea of "trading for another impact star" with Bradley in the room.   It's just not possible.  Financially, it can't work unless we include Bradley's 8.3 million dollars.   So Boston has two options.

#1 - Bring Bradley:  "These are our guys.  We Believe in our guys.  This is our team.   With you, we can win."

#2 - Don't bring Bradley:  "We believe in our guys, but just so you know - we have options on the table to make an upgrade.  We have picks and contracts that teams want.   We want your input on who you'd like to play with ... Jimmy Butler for instance.  If we are willing to overpay, we believe we can get him"

Same reason why I wouldn't expect Paul Pierce to be part of the Clippers pitch to Durant.   The only way they can free up enough money to sign Durant is by dumping PIerce's contract.
I agree everyone else in the rotation is there.....

« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2016, 04:40:58 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney

dis is a good point

From the same article:

Don't think we can pitch the idea of trading for another impact star period if we're signing Durant and Horford. We just don't have the salary to send back unless we include both Bradley and Thomas. Everyone on our roster is so cheap.

« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2016, 04:43:56 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

dis is a good point

From the same article:

Don't think we can pitch the idea of trading for another impact star period if we're signing Durant and Horford. We just don't have the salary to send back unless we include both Bradley and Thomas. Everyone on our roster is so cheap.

Not true you can send out ab,brown,rosier,young,mickey and land butler for instance, same with cousins I believe but may need to send KO in that one.

Re: Tom Brady seen with Celtics before Durant meeting
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2016, 04:44:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Because who says no to Tom Brady?

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2016, 04:45:10 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

dis is a good point

From the same article:

That, or he could be busy and they'll call him in.

http://averybradleycamps.com/

He might be there who knows, but they were team mates and AB said he was close to KD, Sure they know each other still.

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2016, 04:45:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

dis is a good point

From the same article:

We do, though.

Let's take everyone off the table that we have seen (so far)

Thomas, Crowder, Smart, Oly

Here's the contracts we have left:

Bradley - 8.3 mil
Hunter - 2.1 mil
Rozier - 1.9 mil
Young - 1.8 mil
Mickey -1.2 mil

Brown is going to get around 3.8 mil, but we'd have to wait a period of time before we could trade him (same situation that the Cavs went through when they traded Wiggins for Love and had to wait a month or two before it was official)

As someone pointed out earlier, a guy like Butler makes 17.5 mil... We have to send something like 14 mil to make a deal (125% + 100k).

Bradley + Hunter + Rozier + Young should be just enough salary.

But you NEED to include Bradley for it to work unless Durant and Horford are taking major pay cuts. 

So Bradley being there would be a surprise to me.

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2016, 04:45:50 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney

dis is a good point

From the same article:

Not true you can send out ab,brown,rosier,young,mickey and land butler for instance, same with cousins I believe but may need to send KO in that one.

Doesn't work. Chicago doesn't have enough roster spots. It would take some kind of absurd 3 or 4 team trade where we spin young guys into second round picks which we send to Chicago.