Author Topic: Woj - Horford Decision Expected Saturday Evening (ATL upping offer)  (Read 82314 times)

Re: Woj - Horford plans to make decision over weekend
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2016, 07:23:49 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
It's crazy how Atlanta were on the verge to lose everything (Teague, Bazemore & Horford).
Now they might get it all.

« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2016, 07:26:38 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
It's crazy how Atlanta were on the verge to lose everything (Teague, Bazemore & Horford).
It's actually making me quite angry to be honest. They keep Bazemore, add Howard, and can even keep Horford too if they make the right moves. I was hoping they'd rebuild/retool. Not this.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2016, 07:30:20 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Ok guys I'm gonna go to sleep now (which is funny cuz the East Coast folks are waking up just now). Playing GTA V until 4 AM is not a good idea lol. I'll try to be back in around 8 hours. Hopefully we get some clarity on Horford by then.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2016, 07:35:41 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
So, if Horford goes somewhere else, is it safe to say that replacing Horford with Howard makes them a worse overall team? Their defense was good already, but they needed to improve their offense. I don't think Howard helps them there at all. Between losing Teague and this swap, I think they're a worse team.
Things may hopefully change later this weekend, but right now, we're also a worse team just by losing Turner. Cleveland, Indiana, Atlanta and Toronto are ahead of us. Again, that may quickly change by the end of the weekend.

« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2016, 07:56:12 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 985
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
So, if Horford goes somewhere else, is it safe to say that replacing Horford with Howard makes them a worse overall team? Their defense was good already, but they needed to improve their offense. I don't think Howard helps them there at all. Between losing Teague and this swap, I think they're a worse team.
Things may hopefully change later this weekend, but right now, we're also a worse team just by losing Turner. Cleveland, Indiana, Atlanta and Toronto are ahead of us. Again, that may quickly change by the end of the weekend.
Assuming we get Horford (even without Durant), it's shaping up to be a more competitive EC in 2016-17.  This is my top-5, not necessarily in order of finish:

CLE - EC champion
TOR - EC finalist. Basically tread water so far with re-signing Derozan.
IND - Big upgrades - Teague, Jefferson, George
ATL - Howard, Milsap, Basemore
BOS - Horford, IT

« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2016, 08:09:13 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Assuming we get Horford (even without Durant), it's shaping up to be a more competitive EC in 2016-17.  This is my top-5, not necessarily in order of finish:

CLE - EC champion
BOS - Horford, IT

I would say Atlanta at best is a wash.  They lost Teague, and Korver is another year older.  It looks like Toronto will lose Byambo.  Indiana yes but I'm not sure how much of a positive Jefferson is anymore.

« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2016, 08:13:21 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
Amazing how even the fans doubt about Boston.
I thought you learn from the last 2 seasons by now, apparently not.

Everybody said Indiana finish on top each season, and they always struggle and finish 6-8th.
Atlanta is losing key player each year. They are not better.

« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2016, 08:13:40 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
So if Horford would tell us that he wants to go back to Atlanta, would you give up JJ and AJ to give them the cap space for Milsap? In this context needing space, he'd probably come pretty cheap for the cap space. Does any team have $21+M left that would be willing to take Milsap? I can't imagine Philly would and hinder Simmons' development. If we could trade for someone like Noel, then we could still entice Durant with an IT, Bradley, Durant, Milsap, and Noel lineup, and if he took a 1 + 1 we might legitimately have cap space to sign 3 max free agents next year with Milsap opting out, too.

I would rather have Millsap than Horford.

I'd give them those contracts and two first rounders for Millsap.

« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2016, 08:17:20 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

CLE - EC champion
BOS - Horford, IT
Gotta agree with this. Except with Atlanta. I think age and the loss of Teague catch up to them. If Bosh is healthy and Wade returns to Miami, they could be better than last year, if not, probably worse. Indiana probably could slip into the top 5 and so could Detroit with a year of growth. But Boston would definitely be top 5.

« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2016, 08:18:19 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
So if Horford would tell us that he wants to go back to Atlanta, would you give up JJ and AJ to give them the cap space for Milsap? In this context needing space, he'd probably come pretty cheap for the cap space. Does any team have $21+M left that would be willing to take Milsap? I can't imagine Philly would and hinder Simmons' development. If we could trade for someone like Noel, then we could still entice Durant with an IT, Bradley, Durant, Milsap, and Noel lineup, and if he took a 1 + 1 we might legitimately have cap space to sign 3 max free agents next year with Milsap opting out, too.

I would rather have Millsap than Horford.

I'd give them those contracts and two first rounders for Millsap.

Agree with milsap over horford
But milsap is older
Though judging by last season he played excellent while horford declined somewhat

« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2016, 08:19:26 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Well they lost Teague.  Bazemore is a nice player but he is not a show-stopper.

To keep Horford it looks like they might have to trade Milsap.  Meaning they are a worse team

« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2016, 08:26:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
I would take Milsap over Horford at this point. He brings consistent scoring every night . Much like Pierce did. With few bad games in a row.

Just as usual ......Danny is stuck having no franchise big man once again.

We have had no true starting quality center since KG and Shaq.   Poor old Amir was tossed to us with 500,000 miles on the clock ......even a Toyota wears out eventually ...LOL

« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2016, 08:33:38 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I would take Milsap over Horford at this point. He brings consistent scoring every night . Much like Pierce did. With few bad games in a row.

Just as usual ......Danny is stuck having no franchise big man once again.

We have had no true starting quality center since KG and Shaq.   Poor old Amir was tossed to us with 500,000 miles on the clock ......even a Toyota wears out eventually ...LOL

Really shaq
When we had him he should have been a bench player
He was injured due to age

« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2016, 08:34:07 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 985
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

CLE - EC champion
BOS - Horford, IT
Gotta agree with this. Except with Atlanta. I think age and the loss of Teague catch up to them. If Bosh is healthy and Wade returns to Miami, they could be better than last year, if not, probably worse. Indiana probably could slip into the top 5 and so could Detroit with a year of growth. But Boston would definitely be top 5.
Yeah, you could swap in MIA for ATL in that top-5, but I am assuming Bosh not returning and Wade either too old so less effective, or maybe going elsewhere.

« Reply #164 on: July 02, 2016, 08:37:32 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
Pat Riley is always crafty to build his team.
It worked out well with Lebron, but now it won't anymore.
Players devalue, they can't reload all the time.
They were lucky enough with whiteside, but I don't believe they'll be top5 without Bosh and another year of Wade.