Author Topic: Woj - Horford Decision Expected Saturday Evening (ATL upping offer)  (Read 82071 times)

Re: Woj - Horford Decision Expected Saturday Evening (BOS or WAS?)
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2016, 11:48:03 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
This really worried me. There's no reason for him to consider Washington over Boston unless more talent is going to Washington. I'm worried Durant is secretly considering going to Washington and Horford is considering following him.

I don't think they can afford both. 

Just checked their cap sheet and unless I'm missing something they only agreed to sign Beal to the max so his cap hold is still low. He could just simply wait. They were at $45M toward a $94M cap, so that seems like they could make some huge moves pretty easily and quickly.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2016, 11:49:35 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2016, 11:49:40 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
This really worried me. There's no reason for him to consider Washington over Boston unless more talent is going to Washington. I'm worried Durant is secretly considering going to Washington and Horford is considering following him.

Just checked their cap sheet and unless I'm missing something they only agreed to sign Beal to the max so his cap hold is still low. He could just simply wait. They were at $45M toward a $94M cap, so that seems like they could make some huge moves pretty easily and quickly.

Oh yeah this is true actually. So I guess it's possible in theory.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney

Just like the Thunder, they'd have to dump Gortat and somebody else to make the money work. Unlike the Thunder, that would not leave them with a functional team.

Is there a good source you're looking to for salaries? The places I'd checked still had Beal on as a cap hold. I don't know if they agreed in principle or actually signed the dang thing. If Horford and Durant agreed to share the $49M that the Wizards have in space, they could do it, or pretty easily trade someone like Oubre into someone else's cap.

« Reply #229 on: July 02, 2016, 11:51:57 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550

Oh yeah this is true actually. So I guess it's possible in theory.
Durant has made it known he won't consider Washington.  Too many people wanting something from him according to Woj (recent podcast)

« Reply #230 on: July 02, 2016, 11:51:59 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Where did it say hes making his decision today?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--celtics--wizards-frontrunners-to-get-al-horford-145940892.html

The Boston Celtics and Washington Wizards have emerged as the frontrunners to sign free-agent big man Al Horford, and a final decision is expected Saturday night, league sources told The Vertical.
Will he make it before our KD meeting and can we fly him out there in time?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #231 on: July 02, 2016, 11:54:40 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney

Just like the Thunder, they'd have to dump Gortat and somebody else to make the money work. Unlike the Thunder, that would not leave them with a functional team.

Is there a good source you're looking to for salaries? The places I'd checked still had Beal on as a cap hold. I don't know if they agreed in principle or actually signed the dang thing. If Horford and Durant agreed to share the $49M that the Wizards have in space, they could do it, or pretty easily trade someone like Oubre into someone else's cap.

Just looking on BBR. Although having double checked, they're still at 55m with the Beal cap hold so would have to dump Gortat to make things work.

« Reply #232 on: July 02, 2016, 11:57:44 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Randy Renner: KD in his meeting now with #Spurs. #Celtics later. Report out that BOS hoping to reach deal w/ Al Horford and bring him to mtg. #Thunder – via Twitter RandyRenner

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2016, 11:58:56 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Randy Renner: KD in his meeting now with #Spurs. #Celtics later. Report out that BOS hoping to reach deal w/ Al Horford and bring him to mtg. #Thunder – via Twitter RandyRenner
fingers crossed

« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2016, 12:00:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986

After Beal's deal, they'd have to do that to get just one of them, right? They certainly don't have the money to pay Durant AND Beal AND Horford, iirc.

Either way, it's well-known that Durant has no interest in going back and playing there, which is why they didn't even get a meeting. So there's nothing to worry about here.

« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2016, 12:01:45 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney

After Beal's deal, they'd have to do that to get just one of them, right? They certainly don't have the money to pay Durant AND Beal AND Horford, iirc.

As mentioned above, Beal is still on a 5m cap hold until he officially signs the deal, so it's possible in theory.

« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2016, 12:01:48 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney

Just looking on BBR. Although having double checked, they're still at 55m with the Beal cap hold so would have to dump Gortat to make things work.

Thanks for looking it up. I'm still worried, but knowing there are more hoops for them to jump through helps.

« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney

It would depend on if the deal was signed or agreed to, right? I'm not an expert here, but Beal's cap hold is low which means they have more room to sign outside FAs first and then complete his deal to shoot way above the cap.

« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2016, 12:03:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
fingers crossed

Good.

« Reply #239 on: July 02, 2016, 12:04:35 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
I don't even care about Horford himself at this point. It's just that if he chooses Washington over us, then it's concrete evidence that superstars are the only thing that matter in this league and we really should just tank until we get one.