Author Topic: Woj - Horford Decision Expected Saturday Evening (ATL upping offer)  (Read 82040 times)

Re: Woj - Horford Decision Expected Saturday Evening (BOS or WAS?)
« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2016, 12:40:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Everyone that suspect a KD Washington angle to the Horford Washington interest may be right. There is nothing that states Durant is not considering Washington. He may have met with them secretly, and since that is his hometown there is not much for them to sell him.

Durant may be considering Washington without wanting to give false hope to his family, or to avoid pressure from them.

« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2016, 12:41:14 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 895
  • GOT IT!!!
This should be a no brainier. If the dude chooses Washington I will just laugh and move on.

« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2016, 12:42:32 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 445
If it's simply Al deciding if he wants to be a starting center or a starting power forward my guess is he might prefer the latter. That does not make me happy.

Makes no difference on Celtics. 4-5 is the same. They need both, anyways.

Bingo!
That's why the C's aren't looking at big "aircraft carrier' type of centers, the C's have a style they're trying to gather players for.

Of course they NEED both but in his perception who is he going to be playing against - the Cousins, DeAndre Jordans, Whitesides or playing the 4 shooting 3s from the corner. I'm sure he is bright enough to know on THIS team we have no center and he will be it and he will be playing the 5 a lot. In Washington they have a true 5 and he can play more 4.

Listen, I hope you are right as I want someone legitimate with our free agent money. I hate the idea of losing out on him and we have little to nothing left to get excited about. Biyombo, Humphries, etc can fill a role but WHO gets the big money they need to spend.

« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
@CVivlamoreAJC: Al Horford has informed the Hawks that he will make his final free-agent decision tonight. Celtics and Wizards are currently in the lead.

« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2016, 12:43:36 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Al Horford has informed the Hawks that he will make his final free-agent decision tonight. Celtics and Wizards are currently in the lead.

^retweeted by David Aldridge. Hawks are apparently no longer an option.

So Aldridge is no longer expecting the Hawks to trade him to the Celtics for half their roster and future Brooklyn picks?   ;D

« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2016, 12:45:45 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Al Horford has informed the Hawks that he will make his final free-agent decision tonight. Celtics and Wizards are currently in the lead.

So Aldridge is no longer expecting the Hawks to trade him to the Celtics for half their roster and future Brooklyn picks?   ;D

Did he really say that? Nbatv is the worst....

« Reply #276 on: July 02, 2016, 12:46:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
@CVivlamoreAJC: Al Horford has informed the Hawks that he will make his final free-agent decision tonight. Celtics and Wizards are currently in the lead.

Glad to see ATL seems to still be out.

That seems like an easy choice, unless there is some secret Durant/Wizards thing going on (unlikely but possible).  John Wall is probably a more appealing name to play with than anyone on our roster, but our situation is far better.

« Reply #277 on: July 02, 2016, 12:46:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I see a lot of confusion about Beal's cap hold in this thread.  It's approximately $14.2 million.  I don't have the time to go through their salaries to determine whether or not they can afford Horford.  But if someone feels inclined to do so, Beal counts as $14.2 million.

« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2016, 12:46:35 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 895
  • GOT IT!!!

They have Billy King on there for god's sake lol

« Reply #279 on: July 02, 2016, 12:51:02 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I see a lot of confusion about Beal's cap hold in this thread.  It's approximately $14.2 million.  I don't have the time to go through their salaries to determine whether or not they can afford Horford.  But if someone feels inclined to do so, Beal counts as $14.2 million.

Got it. The sources Id looked at earlier had a much smaller number, but I think that was his number from this past year. Thanks for the heads up!
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #280 on: July 02, 2016, 12:52:33 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

Got it. The sources Id looked at earlier had a much smaller number, but I think that was his number from this past year. Thanks for the heads up!

In that case they can dump a smaller contract and just barely have room to squeeze in Horford. Horford and Durant is more or less impossible.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #281 on: July 02, 2016, 12:53:12 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Yeah, there was a thread about it.  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=85894.0

« Reply #282 on: July 02, 2016, 12:56:09 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
This entire Horford wait and see thing is giving me anxiety. lol

Horford would be a real nice fit, either at the 4 or the 5. With the development of his game out to the 3 point line, and his ability to put the ball on the floor.

« Reply #283 on: July 02, 2016, 12:56:36 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Not until it is officially signed.  Until then,  he counts as the original cap hold.

So they can sign a fa first, then use bird rights to go over cap.

« Reply #284 on: July 02, 2016, 12:58:55 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Horford+Durant is what this team needs. Come on Al.