Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics love Bender  (Read 17026 times)

Re: Rumor: Celtics love Bender
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 12:29:34 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I'm not a scout.  And I certainly have not seen much of Bender.  But I am hoping that he is the pick, which means that DA is sold on his talent.

The reason?  Not a single other player in this draft excites me.  Murray is an under-sized (6'3" last time he was measured), non-athletic, shooting guard that admittedly can shoot.  But it is the undersized, non-athletic part bothers me. 

Hield is a volume shooter, scorer type and I would actually be okay with this pick but not a star IMO. 

Dunn is an athletic PG but what kind of a facilitator is he?  Is he more combo guard than shooting guard?  Lord knows we don't have enough of those.

Jaylen Brown is athletic (and from my alma mater) but he can't shoot.  How effective will he be without the ball in his hands?

After that, no one else to even consider for the #3 pick.

So if we draft bender, I think that means DA thinks he at least has star potential.  And while we don't know how it will work out, I can live with that selection.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 12:32:35 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
the questions is do they love him at 3rd pick?

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 12:32:59 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Danny basically said bpa and will take a player that takes time if he is the bpa.  Phoenix likes him too and some team may convince him otherwise in other words as far as trades but no one has yet.   Danny's press conference is funny that way.  He sounds so annoyed answering these questions.

Ainge knows who is good.  He is going to continue to evaluate etc.  He is going to look at all options etc..

I hope we do nothing and just take Bender but that's me.

I can see opportunities and rumors coming up where Smart goes to Indy, Bender goes to Phoenix and George comes here. 

There is bound to at least be a handful of rumors coming up between ours and Phoenix's pick.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 12:34:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'm not a scout.  And I certainly have not seen much of Bender.  But I am hoping that he is the pick, which means that DA is sold on his talent.

The reason?  Not a single other player in this draft excites me.  Murray is an under-sized (6'3" last time he was measured), non-athletic, shooting guard that admittedly can shoot.  But it is the undersized, non-athletic part bothers me. 

Hield is a volume shooter, scorer type and I would actually be okay with this pick but not a star IMO. 

Dunn is an athletic PG but what kind of a facilitator is he?  Is he more combo guard than shooting guard?  Lord knows we don't have enough of those.

Jaylen Brown is athletic (and from my alma mater) but he can't shoot.  How effective will he be without the ball in his hands?

After that, no one else to even consider for the #3 pick.

So if we draft bender, I think that means DA thinks he at least has star potential.  And while we don't know how it will work out, I can live with that selection.
Dunn is a clear cut point guard. He can distribute.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 12:36:51 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Don't make this mistake Danny. Bender is not what u want

Don't worry.  Boston loves him ? Lol

Until I see it reading Danny and or CBS loves him, I don't believe it.   Who is this source anyways?? 

Come on eddie20. Nice try

Come on eddie20... Sabonis is obviously going to be the first Euro off the board

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 12:37:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Until I see it reading Danny and or CBS loves him, I don't believe it.   Who is this source anyways?? 

Try google, boy.

And?? Still who is this source?  Is he credible like woj

Give it up

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 12:40:18 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I don't understand why Woj is considered so credible.  He has been wrong about us many times especially with Kevin Love.  He is a media leech who knows how to get the story first and has made a reputation for himself that way.  Does he really know basketball and how Danny Ainge thinks though?  I think DA would clean the table with him personally.

I am not a fan of most media today though.  I could do without all of it.  DA is the most credible source.

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 12:42:51 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Try google, boy.

Give it up

David Pick is a very reliable European basketball analyst/scout.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I don't understand why Woj is considered so credible.  He has been wrong about us many times especially with Kevin Love.  He is a media leech who knows how to get the story first and has made a reputation for himself that way.  Does he really know basketball and how Danny Ainge thinks though?  I think DA would clean the table with him personally.

I am not a fan of most media today though.  I could do without all of it.  DA is the most credible source.

Idk, maybe the fact that he breaks every pick in the draft and every trade at the deadline FIRST?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Woj was also like so many people hyping up Wiggins and the popular choices most draft years where Ainge was basically saying that's not how it works...  the celtics have never had the #1 pick or gone with hype and have done pretty well.

The celtics are my binky that way.   They make sense to me in this world of media gossip.  The way this world is I think most people think it's the other way around.  Especially younger people. 

I hope DA sticks around for a while.

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 12:48:15 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
DA is for realz..  The media is gossip and trying to drive ratings.  I don't care if it's woj or whoever. 

People say DA would trade anyone and stab people in the back. He has been pretty loyal to this group amidst a lot of rumors over the years.

I feel like Woj could never do DA's job and would actually do that.

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Try google, boy.

Give it up

David Pick is a very reliable European basketball analyst/scout.

And ok... Danny told him directly loves bender?? And McDonoug told him the same??

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 12:49:18 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
This is why I didn't want the 3rd pick in this draft. God sake not Bender... I hope Lakers or 76ers do something wild and draft someone nobody expected.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
This is why I didn't want the 3rd pick in this draft. God sake not Bender... I hope Lakers or 76ers do something wild and draft someone nobody expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmIURIqjDmY

So frustrating we can't embed videos anymore

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 01:01:21 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Bender is no better then KO there's no reason to draft this kid at #3 when we can draft Heild and trade off Smart for another player. Trade #23 & #16 to move up to #8-10 and draft Skal Labisierre who reminds me of a young KG inside the paint master scorer and shot blocker. Want a big ? Sign Whiteside in FA there's no reason to draft a busted project like Bender who we already got in KO. Point made.